Thread: What do you think about the Mode?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Default What do you think about the Mode?

You may never have heard of them before, but that's understandable.

This was a race that was to be in Blackstar before it was scrapped and later replaced with Star Legends' take of the universe. The Mode is sort of a race that originated from robots designed as servants by humans, and then grew sentient along with self governing. They are about what some call cyborgs, and have a mind of logic with a body fit to outlast and outperform.

What would you think if you started to see this race appear in SL? Surely this'll expand more of the current Star Legend universe that we know on the phone with some of the old content from the old.

They're just a fascinating part of the Blackstar universe that I would like to delve deeper into, and I'm just curious on all your thoughts on it.

If there is any developer who can help me in my look at this race any further by finding any old concept art or writings, I'd be most grateful to be able to understand them as much as they were proposed to be entirely.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Again another intriguing idea. Although I doubt more than 5% of the SL players ever took the time to read the actual historical information of each campaign or the origins. So yes! At least I'd like to find out more about the Mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I found some concept art of the mode during my research for my novel, I'll see if I can dig it up and post it. I really liked the idea behind the Mode, because the backstory makes a lot of sense. After who knows how many years of "evil robot uprising" stories permeating pop culture, having the Blackstar humans react to the Mode gaining sentience by saying 'Wait, you're sentient. Ok, you're independent know. Welcome to the galaxy, have fun!" Seems like a plausible reaction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrinder:1291038
    I found some concept art of the mode during my research for my novel, I'll see if I can dig it up and post it. I really liked the idea behind the Mode, because the backstory makes a lot of sense. After who knows how many years of "evil robot uprising" stories permeating pop culture, having the Blackstar humans react to the Mode gaining sentience by saying 'Wait, you're sentient. Ok, you're independent know. Welcome to the galaxy, have fun!" Seems like a plausible reaction.
    Thanks, Battle. I look forward to seeing those concept art!

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!