Thread: What do you think about the Riven?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Default What do you think about the Riven?

I'm going to keep asking a few more questions like these because I really do want to know what you all think about these things I'm currently thinking about.

Staying on topic with races not currently in SL but was in Blackstar, what do you think about the Riven? These are what we would consider the ancesters of the Scorn. To make it even more accurate, they're undead. These guys and the Scorn have things in common like relentless conquest of others, but even the two had issues. The Riven were even more radical than the Scorn and saw the Scorn's slavery upon others as "weak", and they basically believe in total genocide. The two even had a war against each other until they finally stopped and started to grudgingly work together.

So what do you think about the Riven? How would you react to an appearance of such a vile race should it appear in Star Legends?

To end this with something to think about, your current level armor is Riven-based armor.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    To end this with something to think about, your current level armor is Riven-based armor.
    That includes the female healers that started appearing since AI core? Class types don't match so it's like Riven engineers(although they don't actually fit in the concept of heal/buffing their team, they do so on Du'rrex so if not engineers, priests would be the correct term) and Human operatives share an armor set.

Of course it'd be a pleasant surprise to be able to look into their history, maybe with a campaign focusing on them. Although at this point, people would be happy with *any* update at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I'd be happy to get any additional information on the Scorn, since its hard to write a novelization of the game without any understanding of the bad guys (though since I haven't gotten that far yet, it hasn't become much of an issue). From what I've seen of the Riven, they sound a little bit like zombie space Nazis, which is certainly an interesting (though not original) idea.

@Madnex: Note sure if the new brown-suited Scorn soldiers are Riven or not. They could be, but given the hostility between the Scorn and Riven, joint operations might be difficult to pull off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

I love how you find this lore. You make this game so much better.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I always have and still do have an interest on what the Scorn and Riven have been doing on Numa since I found out that the Guardian, being the final boss in Numa, was of Scorn/Riven based technology. You see a more modernized version of it during the attack on Vuleria when the governor of the colony is killed by one outside of the mine the Scorn were using to reach the planetary core.
    Even then, we were constantly asking STS what was being guarded behind the sealed doors to the ruins in Numa. Maybe Cycorp could uncover some more ancient Riven technology and horrors?

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Commanderkeen:1292219
    I love how you find this lore. You make this game so much better.
    I'm glad that you are liking it, Commanderkeen. I have a lore page on the sort of things that you'd enjoy looking through, and it will be getting a major revamp/update soon to make it better.
    I'd also recommend looking through Battlegrinder's books that he made as he keeps data logs on many more things in the back of Star Legends: Vanguard.