Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default Nekro and Pets in general

Just a little food for thought...

I was very excited when the first Nekro announcement was made. 'Yes, an attainable, with work, arcane pet'. The only problem with the original announcement, stats included, was the instantaneous rise in Singe egg price. Even with that the good part was that there was already a supply of eggs out there so the price, probably, would have stabilized fairly quickly.

Then the retraction came, and I once again felt I had little hope for an Arcane pet. What it appears that you have done is replace the Singe Egg with another Arcane Shard type element. This means another 100m element that most will never see unless they are extremely lucky, besides it waters down the Arcane loot list with another item making all arcane items that much harder to loot. So maybe 100m is too low for the new element?

The second issue is that you announced you would Nerf Nekro less that 24 hours after the announcement, mostly due to Shady and Serge owners complaints I feel. Whether intentional or not this has the appearance of pandering. The other issue is that Sam has been the best pet in game for a LONG time. When you enter PVP at cap 70-80% of players have Sam. This is not only a big turn off to non-Sam owners but it is incredibly boring. Even if SnS is better than Sam it makes little difference because there are so few in game that over time you will rarely encounter them. We need a counter to Sam, an option in other words. Make folks decide if Nekro or Sam will work best for them, not the default Sam is best for all.

Many have said Nekro is Overpowered... Well its passive stats are certainly better than Sam's but I still think Sam has a much better AA. So now there is no clear cut best pet, there are pro's and con's. Is the AA more important or is my big boost in stats better for me? If you just Nerf Nekro then we are back at square one, Sam is best for all no questions asked. It is time we put Sam in his place (or at least gave him competition). Please reconsider nerfing Nekro, we need a counterbalance to Sam.

As a side note, I heard a very good argument the other day in game. If our toons are limited to 99,999,999 gold then nothing in game should be worth more than that as a practical matter. We now have several items well over 100m in game. This is an immediate turn off to some players that feel they will NEVER be able to compete. This is bad for the game in general, I have no idea how you reign in this economy but it has turned out of control with hoarders manipulating prices to an extreme and artificial inflation. We can't flood the market with Arcane items so I don't know what the fix is but many items are now forever out of even light to medium plat spenders reach unless they get extremely lucky opening crates. I was going to open 150 crates but from what I see and read there is a very high probability I will get nothing so... I am reconsidering based on what you decide on Nekro...

Thanks,

Thrindal
    Last edited by Thrindal; 07-27-2014 at 01:32 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

nekro aa has banish, shield, debuff, terrify.
    is adds 100 base stat. it has everything besides speed.
    sam aa is better? lol
    From mortal hope springs immortal power
    toons: goebejake rogue, saltspear mage