Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Ultimate Solution to our PvP Woes: Equipment Rarity Room Filtering!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

If everyone stops farming for mythics then the plat buyers can do the same. Go on pinks. As Jon said the plat sale will go down coz people will stop buying plats.
    Mythic prices will go down and the pinks and epics u think are cheap atm will be very expensive. The pink pets u can buy easily now will reach 500k+ again..still you will have to farm for them.
    Many pros who are tired of buyin plat may end up in that legendary section of the pvp and this might even get tougher for u lol
    Btw good suggestion..its a new idea i have never soon before

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vjerevica View Post
    Big part of the problem is that all gear below legendary is worthless. Epics and rares don't have any purpose at all. Top legendries are bare minimum even for PvE. I think that STG uncarefully made some promises in the past and now we are dealing with consequences. Arcane weapon should be best for 3 seasons!?! I.e. Arcane Stuff will be best one on level 46. How much overpowered it has to be now to be still the best one on level 46? Three seasons are app. nine months. Even further, it should be better than next seasons Mythic weapon (which is supposed to be best for two seasons). How can they even fulfill that promises? There cannot be two bests at the same time.

It would be much more appropriate for Myths/Arcanes to be best for current season only. They will fulfill their purpose for pro players to always have best gear. Even better, it would give them goal for each new season and satisfy their need to always strive for better gear, meet new challenges and keep them going as you
    accurately noticed. What is their motivation now if they know that they have best gear for next 6 months (there are already some posts from fully geared players that they don't have much left to do). That way Myths/Arcs wouldn't have to be so insanely overpowered to be the best.

Current situation is that because of this huge unbalance in power (caused by 2/3 seasons promise) all levels below are broken. I could deal against best weapon in season but how to deal against best weapon on level 46? What skills in a world could possibly compensate for that?

On the other hand, I am aware that hard work or platinum spends should be rewarded. It is just that currently they are rewarded at the expense of all others.

I would repeat my proposal to have common league (where no myths would be allowed) and Champions League for Pro/Elite players.
    What would change for Elite players? Not much, I suppose. Even now in PvP are only Myth/Arc geared players. Majority of others already quitted or are about to quit pvp. In realty we already do have Champions League - it is just not formalized.
    What would change for casual players? I guess everything. They would have a place to enjoy pvp again without being abused by professionals. If they feel that they overgrowed this common level they could have Champions League as new goal to keep them motivate. If somebody feels that his skills are so good that he can compete with big (better geared) guys he can always try. No limitations there.

The guys that make to leaderboard of Champions league will be acknowledged as best. No doubt about it and not much change in comparison to present situation.

I just try to elaborate my perspective and propose some solution that would please both sides. I fully understand the effort and commitment needed to be pro/elite player. I could even say that I admire that determination but it is completely different level of game. To paraphrase myself, if you enjoy playing football with guys on the school playground would you like that each time you find free time for game Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, etc. are waiting for you? How many games would be necessary till you quit completely?

I really hope that I succeeded to explain my point of view. Again, I am not trying to derogate anyone's effort and achievements. I truly and honestly respect such commitment. It is just that I am not in situation to be able to do that at this point in my life, but I still love the game.
    So from here is an great idea. For u mythic players who want kdr, leaderboards, ap, join the champion's league! For pro legendary players who want to try real pvp, test ur skills at the champion's league!

For us non-mythic players, who don't care about kdr, ap, leaderboards, anything. Join the commons league where no kills, no deaths count! Just a fun room!

U can then farm for mythics for champion's league, ap, leaderboards, kdr. So there won't be much of a price crash.

Well but u rich players just want to own, maul, slaughter all non-mythic players,I'm sayin that soon, only mythics will join pvp and there! U already have champions league. All we need is an commons league where we poor fellas can have some fun and where skill>gear

Now then, the elite legendary prices will rise, and ppl can farm elite legendary gear as a path to mythic gear! I think somewhere Zeus said that prices of elite legendary gear are vital to people who want to farm their way to mythic gear and I frankly agree

Maybe the mythic gear players probably won't agree, but one thing we all agree on is that PVP NEEDS FIXING!

Thankyou

When this is implemented, I'm sure more will return the pvp and without filtering system, there would be enough ppl playing. And arcane players will still have advantages against mythic players, so go for that maul/arcane staff /hook, no no srry, twin razorbacks.

And of course, a lot of tweaking will be needed, but why not bother trying? We can always come up with an better idea.
    Thankyou
    Last edited by nelson131; 02-04-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    From mortal hope springs immortal power
    toons: goebejake rogue, saltspear mage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nelson131 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    @Reflexivity - I totally understand your point! I, myself, don't own any mythics, and in the past few seasons have been an avid PvPer. Unfortunately, last season, and more so this season, there have been an increase in Mythic and Arcane items & pets, which exasperates the divide between rich and mainstream players.

In previous seasons, I was not only competitive, but moderately successful with high end Legendaries and Crate gear. The advantage of a Mythic player at inception, which at the time was only the helm (let's ignore the fact that the Nefarious Hooks were around, because they were so rare that you really never saw them), was small, meaning that well equipped Legendary players could be competitive. When Nordr came around, unleashing Mythic Armor, Mythic Bow, Sword & Shield and Gun, the disparity increased, but I still felt that players with higher-end Legendaries could still be competitive if you had superior tactics. I can accept that the Arcane items are substantially overpowering, given their rarity. But, since then, we have seen Mythic Rings, Mythic Amulets, more and more higher powered weapons, ultimately making this disparity in gear too much to overcome for mainstream players.

I rarely PvP anymore, though when I do, I find that I can still be successful on occasion, but only if my tactics are vastly superior to the opponent (or I get on a lucky crit streak). More so than ever, an average tactician can easily overwhelm a superior tactician if they are full Mythic and the opponent is in high-end Legendaries. I just don't like the idea that high-end gear is the priority over skill and tactics. At one point, tactics, build, pet selection and timing determined who won a match, now no matter how skilled a player is, an opponent wearing 15 million in gear will be better than you.

Upon the announcement of Mythic items, my impression was that it would provide a small advantage over Elite Legendary gear, which is certainly reasonable. Unfortunately, trying to compare Architect Quills of Brutality (the highest-end Legendary weapon) against the Mythic Twin Razors aren't really much of a comparison. It is akin to comparing the stats of a lv31 Mountain Teeth against a lv36 Architect Quill. As if a singular Mythic item didn't offer so much of a disparity, this effect is magnified for each Mythic Item equipped (Weapon, Helm, Armor, Ring, Amulet). What was once a slight advantage has eventually become a grossly overpowering divide of have's versus have not's.

Individually, each Mythic piece may offer a 5% advantage versus it's Elite Legendary counterpart, but in totality, wealthy players effectively get a 25% advantage when fully outfitted (assuming no Arcane's), which is more than good group play or skill can overcome in most situations.

I am just a bit disappointed at the current state, and have decided to more-or-less give up on PvP and focus on Elite Farming. I even respec'ed and dropped the Combat Medic skill (yeah, I know!). I simply feel that I cannot be competitive until I get most, if not all, Mythic items and that just eliminates one of my favorite distractions in the game. I just don't like that my hand has been forced in this way because of how Mythic gear has evolved to be so dominant and critical to success. I am further disappointed because I can be so successful soloing elite maps and completing challenging elites with terrific times in Legendary gear, but I am in a word, non-competitive in PvP.
    And this is exactly what's happening to us non-mythic players, we just want to have fun, and some of the highly skilled wants some tiny chance to be a bit competitive. Is this not possible?

Thankyou

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Perhaps this post will have more attention at general discussions :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Many people in this post are talking that people would stop want myhtics and arcanes because they will not have any benefits in PvP.Well there is always PvE and the elite times that as far as I know they might not be not even one in leader boards without mythic equip. Also we do not wish for a boring PvP that is not at the least competitive for non mythic people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Many people in this post are talking that people would stop want myhtics and arcanes because they will not have any benefits in PvP.Well there is always PvE and the elite times that as far as I know they might not be not even one in leader boards without mythic equip. Also we do not wish for a boring PvP that is not at the least competitive for non mythic people
    Another issue which they pointed out was that that people who have just 1 or 2 mythic will be pitted against the full mythic people.

Stat filtering is a solution. And separate dungeons and lb could be made for them. Give the people something to work for and they will happily stay loyal to that aspect. Like I said in the other thread, I don't think I've committed a grave crime that I shan't enjoy endgame PvP

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I just want to point out that people won't stop buying plat to be on lb or elite times sono worries about PvP too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Lol just use the champion's league and the fun room option. Problem solved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reflexivity View Post
    First off, I’m sorry if a thread has already been posted offering a similar solution. I tried my best to search through previous threads and I found several complaining about the lack of fairness in PvP, but none offering this particular solution.

As I mentioned, many threads out there talk about the unbalance in PvP. And I agree; I find the current PvP system to be very broken. Back when mythics weren’t as common as they are now and not too many people owned them, I used to love to PvP. I love the thrill and the challenge of going up against other players with different strategies and tactics, and testing mine against theirs. However, as we all know, since the increase in the circulation of mythic items, many issues have developed with regards to fairness and balance. And with the way it has been recently, I’ve stepped away from PvP.

I am not here to slander mythic items or their users, but in order to continue onto my solution, I need to acknowledge that a problem exists, so I’m just going be honest: a non-mythic user will always be at a disadvantage compared to a full mythic user. Regardless of player skill and strategy, the fact that a fully geared mythic players can take more hits and dish out more damage gives them an edge, even if their tactics are terrible.

Now, I’ve read a lot of threads out there that like to place the blame on someone, which isn’t right. Some non-mythic users may say that mythics should be prohibited in PvP, but that isn’t right considering those people probably worked hard to acquire those items and should be allowed to enjoy their benefits. Some mythic users say that “non-mythic users just need to work harder” and devote more time/effort to the game in order to gain those items, but that isn’t fair to say either. Personally, I am a level 36 capped rogue who has been playing since the level 16 cap days. I’ve always worked hard to be successful in this game and I’ve farmed my butt off, but I’ve never managed to make over 500k in my entire time playing (laugh at me if you want, but I’m serious). I don’t own any mythic gear aside from my Slag and Leprechaun pendent (plat purchases from doing free offers), and I’ve come to accept that I probably never will obtain a mythic helm/armor/weapon/necklace/pendant. My life and schedule just don’t allow for the time necessary to play enough/merch efficiently to accumulate those items, and that’s okay. But that doesn’t mean I still don’t like to enjoy PvP. I relish being able to go on and play PvP in short 10-20 minute bursts here and there throughout the day. That gives me my gaming fix as opposed to PvE, which I find rather boring.

So in order to appease everyone so that everyone can walk away satisfied, I propose filtering PvP rooms not only by level as it currently is, but also by equipment rarity. Rooms would be divided into the categories of Common, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Mythic, Arcane, and Any. Below are what the rules would be:

• The current level bracket grouping system would still be intact, allowing you to fight players a couple levels higher or lower than you, but nothing too drastic.

• The Any room would be similar to how current PvP is, where any rarity equipment can be used against other players. You will be able to fight players geared similarly, higher, or lower than yourself.

• For all of the rooms excluding the Any room, players can wear equipment lower than or at the rarity of the room they want to join, but not beyond it. So you can fight in rooms where people are geared higher than you, but not lower than you (the sole exception is the Any room). For example, I could wear all Epic items and play in the Epic, Legendary, or Mythic room if I wanted. But players with even one Legendary item and the rest Epic would be prohibited from entering the Epic or below room.

• Pet rarity will also be taken into account. For example, if I am wearing all Epic items but am using Malison (a Legendary pet), I cannot enter the Epic room. I would be forced to either swap out Malison or enter the Legendary/Mythic/Arcane/Any room.

• To prevent players from abusing the system, once you enter the room, you are bound to that equipment rarity or lower. For example, if I went into the Legendary room and wanted to switch weapons, I can switch to any weapon Legendary or below, but no Mythics or Arcanes. This applies towards pets as well. So if I am in the Legendary room, I can swap out my Malison for another pet Legendary or lower, but I wouldn’t be able to call out a pet like Slag, which is mythic.

By adopting these rules, players of all levels would be able to truly thrive and enjoy PvP, regardless of what equipment or pets they may or may not have. Imagine the possibilities. Just for fun, level 36 end-game players could gear up in all Common equipment and face other players in the same level bracket wearing similar gear. Gutsy players who want a challenge can fight against players with better equipment than themselves. It wouldn’t matter if you’re rich or poor, mythic user or non-mythic user, plat-user or not, or just somewhere in-between. No one would be forced to fight against better-geared players unless they choose to. No one would be able to totally obliterate another player in PvP because the individuals that players fight against would be similarly geared (unless a player is gutsy and walks into a higher geared room, where in that case the lower geared player made a conscious decision to do that, instead of being forced against his will). Balance and fairness would be maintained. PvP would be fun for all again!

Please devs, I hope you really consider this proposal. PvP is one of the major selling points for me in any game I play, whether it’s a game on a console, computer, or phone. Once I do all there is to do in PvE, the only real reason for me to play is the thrill of going up against other real people out there. I know a ton of people feel similar to how I do. Please make this happen, devs. The community will thank you for it, big time!
    S O L U T I O N: MAKE PVP GEAR(like the ones on world of warcraft)
    S O L U T I O N: MAKE PVE GEAR BETTER IN PVE< PVP GEAR BETTER IN PVP, PROBLEM SOLVED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Just make a twink..

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I saw people in legendary gear beating people with myth/arcane gear. In every game skill>gear...

And this is not a solution. Pros will just equip epic/legendary gear, enter "Epic/Legendary" room and farm noobs there only because pros are skilled, know what skills to use, etc. It's just like in Battle Dragons - you sit at low trophies and farm resources. Here you sit at low gear and farm kills.
    Last edited by MoloToha; 02-18-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Stop posting here when you already have a thread regarding this on top -.-

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk