Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kittystorm's Lvl 61 <LiLiTh MaGe GuIdE>!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Ive seen your bear before even though he boosts, make a guide for 61 bear perhaps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Sorry if haxur is to hawt for yew <3
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elitephonix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elitephonix View Post
    Sorry if haxur is to hawt for yew <3
    This is a joke right? Haxur is the Wers haxur in all of Alterra. Also the wers bear and wers everything else.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Who?
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elitephonix View Post
    Who?
    Dat sig. O.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone'sFavMage View Post
    Dat sig. O.O
    Who
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Build?

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    Background-Recently I’ve decided to return to 56-61 PvP. First thing I noticed was that there were not as many Lilith Mages as I thought there would be, possibly because Fang Cap is long gone. Most of the Lilith mages that I encounter are not very fun to play with; I’ll let you interpret what that means. So basically, I decided to make a guide to help those who would like to make a 61 Lilith Mage or the current ones who like to improve their skill. It’s my first guide, I WILL make mistakes, and comments are appreciated.

Strengths
    All classes

Weaknesses
    Good Orlok Bears
    Other Lilith Mages

First let’s meet Kittystorm!

I) Gear, Stats, and Build

Gear:
    61 Lilith Wand Set~1.6mil (Substitute the Helm and Armor with Fang Gear if you need to)
    Dragon Ring (Red>Gold>Blue>Green), use Plat Ring if you don’t have Dragon Rings.
    Lady Lynx (Dodge) or Fierce Face (Crit)

Stats: Full Int or 67 Dex and Rest Int depending on your ring
    Dragon Ring (I use Green)

Acrobat’s Fine Crystal Ring (Int)

Acrobat’s Fine Platinum Band (Dex)

Build:

II) Tactics
    Before we get started, I would like to say that you should not fight any battle just by pressing skills in given order. “Combos” are dependent on the situation you are in; the ones I give you are just an outline. Adjust to make them work.

Bears:
    Str Bears, most likely Orlok bears, used to have a significant advantage over Lilith Mages. With the damage nerf however, Lilith mages can easier heal off the meager damage that they do. The key to beating Orlok bears is to avoid walls, heal off stuns, and timing debuffs and ice. Mana shield should be used sparingly.
    Avoid this

Do this

And this.

Combo: Frost Nightmare Weakness Lightning Icestorm Fire
    Notice that I did not include Drain or Heal. The reason why is that Heal should be used in one of three situations:
    1. Healing off LETHAL stuns
    2. Healing off Hellscream
    3. Healing to prevent death (About ½ HP or when they are going to Beckon Stomp SMS)
    Drain should be used when:
    1. Low on HP
    2. Nuking (Usually if nightmare hits or dodge buffs run out)
    3. When your BoM is about to wear off.

Dex/Int bears are relatively easy. They have slightly higher damage capacity than Orlok Bears (Due to auto being ranged and crits) but have significantly less armor and dodge. Beckon Stomp SMS usually will not kill you if you heal, but just be wary it can KO. Mana shield will be used relatively often.
    Combo: Drain Heal Frost MS Light Fire
    Icestorm and debuff if they are still within range

Birds:
    Dexbird/Ints are really easy to beat. Just make sure you avoid Cruel Blast and you’ll do fine. If you are a beginner though, and don’t know range very well, do this:
    Combo: MS Frost Drain Lightning Fire
    Make sure you MS the same time as you buff since MSing right before a fight can lead to them repulsing you and making you waste a skill.
    If you are confident in your ability to kite, do this:
    Combo: Drain Fire Heal MS Frost Lightning Fire
    You really shouldn’t need to use debuffs but if the combo doesn’t kill, use them after Icestorm. MS is used very often. If Drain and MS are cooling down, kite with Frost/Fire.

Warbirds are easier to beat than dexbirds, so don’t worry too much about them. Their damage is slightly higher than a bear’s and also have very high ranged skills. Treat them like bears, timed debuffs, ice, and heal are important. You will also need to MS a bit more.
    Combo: Ice Heal Lightning Fire Debuffs Drain

Do this

And This

Mages:
    Int Mages are my favorite match up since luck factors are kept to a minimum. Range and timing are highly important. I won’t list a combo for this one since there are too many scenarios you could be in. I usually just kite around with fire and occasionally try to catch my opponent off guard with Drain Frost Fire. If you really want to do well, practice juking. Stay at around 13-15m and suddenly run towards your opponent, veering off at 13m. You opponent might just back off or they will miss Drain or Fire. Then go in with DFF. Be wary that even if your opponent does not have Drain, they can still quickly MS and kill you with Ice Lightning Fire. Mana shield will be used in nearly every fight.

Pally Mages take a while to kill, and good ones can still beat you. Kite around as usually, stay out of 6m to avoid Icestorm. Heal from ice and do not let them auto you. Watch when they drain, and counter with your drain. Smart Pallies like to drain after you. If this is the case, land nightmare then Drain Ice Lightning Fire quickly. Timing weakness after they heal is really useful too. Sometimes, you will get their health low enough that they panic and mana shield. Chase after them, even if it means standing right on top of them and drain their mana. Best time to go in for a nuke is when BoV wears off.

Dex Mages are simple, treat them like Int mages. You WILL beat them in a shield fight 90% of the time due to your superior damage and M/s. If they are using a 2H weapon, Drain Fire solves the problem nicely. MS will be used pretty often.

I will include Rhinos and Foxes as soon as a find a decent opponent.

III) Misc Tips
    1) Know 12m and 8m!
    Distance from me to the noob is 12m

Distance from me to the noob is 8m

2) Know when your buffs are about to run out!
    When BoV is about to run out:

When BoM is about to run out:

3) Pay attention to whether you or your opponent buffs first. If you buff first, your buffs will obviously run out first, but you get to use them first, if you survive the round. Likewise, if you buff after your opponent, when your opponent runs out of buffs, you have a decent advantage for a short period of time.
    4) Some bears you just can’t beat. All they do is Beckon Stomp SMS Run whenever they are low on HP.
    Combo: Leave
    5) In some situations, you can play dirty and late buff (Against Str Bears, Warbirds, and Pallies). Basically just start with only BoV, stay alive, and buff BoM when their defensive buffs run out. Speeds up fights, especially against Pallies. Just be careful that they do not do the same to you. Try to use BoV after they used their offensive buff, otherwise keep it til they do.
    6) MOST IMPORTANT TIP!!! Try new techniques and combos. The ones I listed are most definitely not the best ones out there. Experiment even though it means you will be losing fights, unless KDR is of high importance to you.

Thanks for reading this guide, hope to see new and better players! And if you find one of my many mistakes, or need me to clarify something, please drop a comment or pm in game!

Special Acknowledgement
    Bosssdj, for the inspiration
    Pro/Yolo/Hylu for the pics
    Vampyrpro for the pics
    Haxur for killing me/spamming chat/making me miserable whenever I take a pic (I lub yew doe)
    And the others who PATIENTLY waited when this guide was in construction.

Note: Will update as I see fit.

Lol i thought there was a build here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dxrp View Post
    Lol i thought there was a build here
    there was yonks ago
    nothing lasts forever