Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Return to the past it ll be nice for this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    All i wish for christmas is all crates and chests be removed and let the items inside be actually farmable, not a gamble. Also at least one more skill.....thanks you
    Yes i know someone will complain how they actually like the crates/chests idea but imo best gear shouldnt be gambled for, it should be worked for
    Also for new skills im sure next expansion will have em seeing as by.now.you can pretty much toss skill points willy nilly
    As for the game getting to be a bore as someone said, yes it is. I dont feel the.depth sam is mentioning and i know pl had more flavour and freshness (what do i mean had it still does) and thats why if you dont see me on al pathetically trying to make money, im on pl pvpin with my 12 skills
    I think the same. And i think that crates ruined pretty much anything in the game. In first 2 seasons u could make ur way up by havy farming or merching or whatever the way it was, if u played enough u got ur reward. Now the best gear is from crates, oh yeah also from elite golden chests, but there is lower possibility to get, so everyone opens crates. So a new player cant get the best gear by heavy farming, he should start months ago, so unless he is an extraordinary good mercher or use platinum he cant get mythics. U can see it however u want but the game is more on the side to pay ur way up, not play ur way up.

If the gap between mythics and elite legendary wasnt so huge, but its so. Players r willing to pay huge amount of gold or money for only the slight difference, previous seasons i think proved it.
    Its like every legendary item is on same niveau, good for nothing. Only what really is worth r mythics gear. Its a huge difference running map in elite legendary and in mythics.

So yes this last 2 seasons r only abt gear, not skill. I find it ridiculous that for elite legendary u must fight all those elite mobs and bosses, spending time in bugged arena, thinking abt strategy and skills, and still those items cant compare to the mythics that come from crates.

I would like to see some diversity which gear to use and why, what kind of situation. So there r some skills involved and thinking, and every gear have some value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by parnasofication View Post
    BTW The story so far is great, I still take my time and read what the quest NPC has to say (from time to time :P). In my "opinion" though, Season 1 and 2 made me feel like I really was on an adventure. That feeling where you're playing a console RPG, if you get what I mean. I can't seem to pinpoint what made me feel different (crates aside), but yeah, it could just be nostalgia kickin' up a notch.
    Ha yeah well cuz the game was still new everyone still trying to figure out what the game is .. So they follow the story line..

But now it's like this ... Everyone got it figure out .. Same thing different season... Raise to level cap.. You kill for quests f.. Or something on the ground .. I doubt a lot of people read the quests .. Based on my experience I just click next next next and go on with it .. And then you clear the maps for aps.. You do elites for aps.. After than pvp.. Or farm all day everyday .. I personally think sts should introduce something new like a mini game which I think they are

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    I think the same. And i think that crates ruined pretty much anything in the game. In first 2 seasons u could make ur way up by havy farming or merching or whatever the way it was, if u played enough u got ur reward. Now the best gear is from crates, oh yeah also from elite golden chests, but there is lower possibility to get, so everyone opens crates. So a new player cant get the best gear by heavy farming, he should start months ago, so unless he is an extraordinary good mercher or use platinum he cant get mythics. U can see it however u want but the game is more on the side to pay ur way up, not play ur way up.

If the gap between mythics and elite legendary wasnt so huge, but its so. Players r willing to pay huge amount of gold or money for only the slight difference, previous seasons i think proved it.
    Its like every legendary item is on same niveau, good for nothing. Only what really is worth r mythics gear. Its a huge difference running map in elite legendary and in mythics.

So yes this last 2 seasons r only abt gear, not skill. I find it ridiculous that for elite legendary u must fight all those elite mobs and bosses, spending time in bugged arena, thinking abt strategy and skills, and still those items cant compare to the mythics that come from crates.

I would like to see some diversity which gear to use and why, what kind of situation. So there r some skills involved and thinking, and every gear have some value.
    I wouldn't say "crates" ruined it.. Those gears are available in pve elites aka elite golden chests.. But ofcourse human nature is human nature.. People are lazy.. And lazy people open crates and then they get mad at sts for "eating " their money when they don't get anything ... Either you spend time farming . Or spend real life money .. It's always people's choice , the only reason why it seemed like it's faster to get mythics with crates is.. Because people open crates more than they farm.. Maybe if elite golden chest spawn more to balance things out
    Last edited by inkredible; 10-11-2013 at 02:32 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    I wouldn't say "crates" ruined it.. Those gears are available in pve elites aka elite golden chests.. But ofcourse human nature is human nature.. People are lazy.. And lazy people open crates and then they get mad at sts for "eating " their money when they don't get anything ... Either you spend time farming . Or spend real life money .. It's always people's choice , the only reason why it seemed like it's faster to get mythics with crates is.. Because people open crates more than they farm.. Maybe if elite golden chest spawn more to balance things out
    its really elite golden have a low chance than locked. and see how is hard on locked imagine how is on elite golden i have opened many elite golden and i never got nothing.

i have all my mytic set already. but is because farming before shuyal come.. now its impossible to get something good..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Puntus View Post
    Ok the point of this thread is:

-In season 1,2 and maybe 3 to be one of the best players , u needed to have nice skills and nice build.

-In season 4 and 5 o be one of the best players, u need to have the best gear and thats all.

-My conclusion ( its just my opinion , u can have same opinion or different , it doesnt matter , I respect all opinions) : Maybe (in my opinion) the game ll be more enjoyable if sts update new skills and doing the game to be the best player u need awesome skill strategy, not be the best for have the best gear.

What do u think guys or devs?

(sorry for my english maybe I write wrong something but u can catch mi idea)
    I made LB in Season 4 with a few friends.

We had a few mythics here and there, but no arcane pets in our group.

Just saying.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXz21 View Post
    its really elite golden have a low chance than locked. and see how is hard on locked imagine how is on elite golden i have opened many elite golden and i never got nothing.

i have all my mytic set already. but is because farming before shuyal come.. now its impossible to get something good..
    Yeah that's why I said maybe increasing spawn rate of elite golden chests - idk if the ratio on locked n elites are same but I know few people gotten mythics etc on elite chests-

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post

Just saying.
    Not to mention a group of players with full mythics and arcanes couldn't beat one of your times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Not to mention a group of players with full mythics and arcanes couldn't beat one of your times.
    Hello mate, long time no see

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Well it would be alright with all this if the gap between mythics and elite legendaries wouldnt be so huge.

And for the best gear in game u need to gamble and for the 2nd u need to use ur skills and brain...so.. doesnt really seem right to me

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Uzii For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

i think the ''money'' pets are very bad on game because just the people who spend money on game can get it. if u don't USE ur REAL MONEY on game u can't got it..

slag and all mytic/platinum pets i think this need be a ''tradable'' like a arcane pets because is unfair for ''non-money players''

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Just saying.
    So? and im in lb without arcane weapon , thats not the point of the thread.

U said u re pro coz u make a recors in time runs with a few mythics , ok , try to go to pvp with his few friends , and try to win a team with 2 maul , 2 staff and one full mythic rogue and all with arcane pets , then u maybe dont feel pro.

Just saying

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXz21 View Post
    i think the ''money'' pets are very bad on game because just the people who spend money on game can get it. if u don't USE ur REAL MONEY on game u can't got it..

slag and all mytic/platinum pets i think this need be a ''tradable'' like a arcane pets because is unfair for ''non-money players''
    Im agreed , all players should have oportunity to get all pets without waste platinium.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

im agreed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

In my early days at the beginning of this year I got into the game heavily when I was ill, couldn't do anything productive so just played games and quite enjoyed farming for new items or items to sell to buy better, but when crates came into play that's when I really started to make gold to get the best equipment, the leprechaun amulet has realy helped with crate farming. I bought some plat to increase inventory & auction slots to keep crates until special weekends when the prices skyrocketed to make millions to buy the best equipment - I now have upgraded mythic armour for my warrior, armour was in a crate and sold crates to buy the helm.

Mostly I farm early levels for crates with my leprechaun pendant because they're so easy to storm through, never got anything good from the elite runs I've done, except using lots of potions...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Just saying.
    Thot elite runners never care bout lb...
    Kidding

I miss season 3
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Season 1 and 2, almost all the players farm at elite jarl, the most innocent boss during that time. I remember farming two to three hours will give me like 20-30 elite chest, I can at least find one top legendary items among them. Also, since a lot of players got top gear, the LB competition is very popular during the early season, LB records were improved every day during the whole season.

Now, farm the same time period, I can only get around 5 elite puzzle box due to the difficulty of map and hard to find teammate. Then most players now choose to farm locked crates. But I still enjoy the game: bigger map, more choices of weapons, also more pets to collect. But I don't have the passion to farm top gear now, and don't have interests in pvp either.

The game is turning more interesting, but the number of active players as my experience is getting less. I try to persuade some of my real life friends to play this game, most of them don't touch it anymore after playing few weeks. Some of them though lvling up is a nightmare, some of them argue the difficulty of making money for new players like them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I was hoping this thread would be all friendly and nostalgic, just reminiscing good ol' days. To whomever quoted me, yeah, I guess that was it. We were still tryin to figure out what to do, hence it really felt like an adventure.

And just another theory..PVP did not exist.Just humor me for a sec. Havin' top gear at that time just made you a more viable ally, not as a greater threat. All we could kill were mobs and bosses, not each other. When PVP finally arrived though, our inner demons came out and BAM! Reach cap > Farm > PVP. No more takin' your time to smell the flowers, just plain ol' grindin.
    I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

1. PVE only need "know how", but in PVP player skill is important because you need to think and react in split second with unpredictable condition.
    2. Its true uploaded screenies after achieving some complishment is called showing off. But lend money from friends to get midas achievement, buy pet that you dont need to get the beastmaster achievement etc to get high AP and make you on LB is also subconsciously because you want to show off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Impressive how I see my friends opinions sometimes,I presonaly think the game has evolved so much over the seasons.Every season comes with something new, first 2 seasons where a surprise to all,I don’t think we knew much about it.Season 3 turned out to be more interesting since we had new skills, new pets,hauntlet, pvp….etc.I remember how the use of skills was such a secret, only a few shared theyr build maybe because it started to be competitive.Game is Game after all.

In season 4 and 5 everyone focused on best gear….like Erill sayd.

All the stories are gr8( not to brag but they are)…think about it,u can choose to be a pirate, a demonlord even an ice monster lol …so I give credit to sts because they always bring new things.I don’t think we can return to the past now just wait and see what the next update is about lol

The one thing that bothers me is that “old” players don’t get that much gratitude,because of the myth burst in these last seasons witch made everyone thinking that “ wow he has myth and arcane,hes a pro”.It’s not true…Don’t get me wrong I love to see and meet new people but it bothers me when i see overconfident people showing off items and bragging about theyr stuff.So yea….i think bringing back a strategy game would be more interesting and fun for all.In my opinion the pro’s are the ones who can teach, know how to handle things,know how to say the right things, and don’t expect anything in return…be gratefull with what they have and make an example.
    I don’t get why Alrisaia brought up lb in this topic tbh,is it all have to be lb based?i have nothing against u Al but this came to me a bit dissapointing.

Soooo…back on topic…now that we have the best gear,lets see if the strategy will be back up again, cross fingers and *happy dance* ….going back to pier for a tan , Cyaaa thereee and game on!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aziiii View Post
    Impressive how I see my friends opinions sometimes,I presonaly think the game has evolved so much over the seasons.Every season comes with something new, first 2 seasons where a surprise to all,I don’t think we knew much about it.Season 3 turned out to be more interesting since we had new skills, new pets,hauntlet, pvp….etc.I remember how the use of skills was such a secret, only a few shared theyr build maybe because it started to be competitive.Game is Game after all.

In season 4 and 5 everyone focused on best gear….like Erill sayd.

All the stories are gr8( not to brag but they are)…think about it,u can choose to be a pirate, a demonlord even an ice monster lol …so I give credit to sts because they always bring new things.I don’t think we can return to the past now just wait and see what the next update is about lol

The one thing that bothers me is that “old” players don’t get that much gratitude,because of the myth burst in these last seasons witch made everyone thinking that “ wow he has myth and arcane,hes a pro”.It’s not true…Don’t get me wrong I love to see and meet new people but it bothers me when i see overconfident people showing off items and bragging about theyr stuff.So yea….i think bringing back a strategy game would be more interesting and fun for all.In my opinion the pro’s are the ones who can teach, know how to handle things,know how to say the right things, and don’t expect anything in return…be gratefull with what they have and make an example.
    I don’t get why Alrisaia brought up lb in this topic tbh,is it all have to be lb based?i have nothing against u Al but this came to me a bit dissapointing.

Soooo…back on topic…now that we have the best gear,lets see if the strategy will be back up again, cross fingers and *happy dance* ….going back to pier for a tan , Cyaaa thereee and game on!
    Absolutely agreed with u Azi!

PD: Oleeeeeee