Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trash talking?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Trash talking?

So guys... I'm in endgame PVP and I notice a lot of trash talking, especially after people get rushed. I admit I'm not the best at keeping my language totally clean, but what about a mute for some more words? Like WTF, or stuff. And why can't people be polite, like a "gf" instead of LMFAOOOOOOOO when we kill them? It would help a lot to create a positive atmosphere here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

There's no way to have a filter big enough to catch it all. This is an international game, the amount of cusswords and different ways to spell or abbreviate, no one would be able to communicate.
    There are some words the filter doesn't know that are filthy in one language and innocent in another.
    Mute or report are all you can do.
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 10-11-2013 at 07:48 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

As many have said "Either Mute, Report, and move on and get used to being trash talked" Or Just host your own games" Many immature people on Pocket Legends. Most of the worst trash talkers think since Pocket Legends has been so called "Forgotten" They think they can do what they want.
    "lol" - Ballins ™
    Pues
    Somemager
    Specifying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

When I get trash talked which doesn't seem that often but maybe it's just like that because I never did endgame. I don't know other than what I hear about endgame. But what I do is when I get trash talked is ignore it and not say a word back to them because its not really worth the possibility of getting myself muted for 5 minutes. Just ignore them and if they don't stop or say something rude because you have no comment then put them on your ignore list.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Just keep killing them and remain silent. When they're busy wasting time typing, kill them.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Just keep killing them and remain silent. When they're busy wasting time typing, kill them.
    It's more fun killing them when they're cussing, raging, and wasting time then muting, it's their fault for typing and dieing

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Or do like me: Steal their flag and give them something else to rage about.

Seriously, the best way to deal with it is to not respond. Nothing is more "pro" than taking care of business respectfully.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

In my experience, the best thing to do is keep quiet yourself and ignore them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Let me sum up everything in a few words: be quiet, kill them, don't talk back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I say "lol, gf" if I just get insta nuked. It is actually better to laugh at your own failure and congratulate the enemy rather than just saying plain old good fight. I think it's rude, though, when the person doesn't say gf, says lmfao, and then just rushes you afterward. I'm fine with normal rushing, but that is just poor sportsmanship which is solved by a simple click of the ignore button).

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Yea i get this every now and then at 50-55 and so far its specifically 2 people (i do have to admit they are good for 51s). Ive done good ignoring but how do you mute inside a pvp game?(almost 2 years playing and still dont know most /commands). Also i dont mind a lil trash talk thats all fun and games but.theres a limit to how far it should go
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Anytime I see a trash talker or even someone who is talking smack anywhere will 40% of the time will rage out of a room 60% get super angry (like hulk mode angry) after hearing what I say to them and then try to troll/caps lock me which never works. (which is very funny being I have lots of ppl doing it daily lol) so what should you do? Well like scarybeary said you can just not say a word and keep killing them( that alone makes them super angry) or make it a game and just troll them with stuff like ( oh you so mad/gf/:/go?) (and on that matter I don't pvp though so this is just me though normally trolling (nothing volger no cursing just having fun) and that's what pl and pvp is all about is'ant it? Having fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Yea i get this every now and then at 50-55 and so far its specifically 2 people (i do have to admit they are good for 51s). Ive done good ignoring but how do you mute inside a pvp game?(almost 2 years playing and still dont know most /commands). Also i dont mind a lil trash talk thats all fun and games but.theres a limit to how far it should go
    Easy way to mute them would be copy there name down and put it in the ignore screen next to friends/guild section (and lol at 2 years part)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingzila For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

In games or real life, PVP never been nice with fights or with words, if you can fight, kill em as much as you can, if can't, well buddy hire a pro killer or train untill you can fight back, the only way you can create a positive atmosphere is make your own game and boot the trash talker

Git – Ssneakykills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Just mute them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Screen shot and report. Let's get rid of the trash!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Liu View Post
    So guys... I'm in endgame PVP and I notice a lot of trash talking, especially after people get rushed. I admit I'm not the best at keeping my language totally clean, but what about a mute for some more words? Like WTF, or stuff. And why can't people be polite, like a "gf" instead of LMFAOOOOOOOO when we kill them? It would help a lot to create a positive atmosphere here.
    I gotta admit, I am definitely one to be annoyed by rushing. It's a reality though. It's especially bad at certain twink ranges, but end game too can from time to time have it's share of issues.

This was the Oldie Code of Honor
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    A lot of newbs are getting flamed these days for stuff they don't know they are doing wrong. This hopefully helps.

How to handle Banned
    Rule 1: read page 5. He tells you.

I.) PVP ETIQUETTE
    1st Rule: Always ask "FFA (free for all) or 1v1?
    2nd Rule: Never Disrupt a 1v1. This is a major breaking of a rule and people get real mad about this (me too)
    3rd Rule: When asking for a 1v1, Don't use the word "noob" Don't use the word noob anyway.
    4th rule: If the person says yes, you should say "call it" either they will say "say go" or they will say "go." once a person says go, the 1v1 has begun.
    5th rule: No selling in PvP unless someone asks for something first
    6th rule: Never leave in the middle of a 1v1. Idc if it grants you an extra death, it's wasting my mana.
    There will be some people defying these rules, that is (sort of) OK, because this is only the (oldie) code of etiquette.

II.)Power Leveling Power leveling is a highly disliked practice. It is when a lower level player gets a higher level player to level them. This is not OK if you are beginning, but it is OK if you already have a main and know how to play the game.
    1st Rule: Never ask in the New Players Forum Section to be Power Leveled. Trust me, you will be flamed.
    2nd Rule: Explain that you have a main and you know how to play the game. If you are a totally new player, do not ask on forums at all.
    3rd Rule: At the end of a power level, always offer to compensate for the higher level person's services.
    4th Rule: All pink drops go to the person that is Power Leveling if they asks
    5th Rule: Do NOT beg. Nonononono! never beg! This is the worst part of Power Leveling. Newbs get flamed for asking to power level because of the last wave of the "Mynas Generation" These are high level players that beg for everything and do not know how to play the game.
    6th Rule: Even if you have a main, do not rely on Power Leveling too much. Your stats will suck, and you will be flamed in-game too.

III.)Booting
    The One and Only Golden Rule of Booting: Always give a legit reason for the boot, such as "low Level." always apologize for booting. Lots of people have problems with this rule, including me.

suggested by others:
    Added by JemNI
    1) Don't beg, it's just stupid. Why are you "playing" this game if you just want to sit around and beg? The fun of the game is in the adventure and exploration of it. Teaming up and defeating the foes, fulfilling quests and getting lucky with good drops now and then.
    2) Don't feed the beggars! Don't give them anything (except maybe a useless scrap of cloth, LOL) Giving them anything will just show them that there's an occasional payoff and they'll keep doing it.
    3) For Enchanters: heal. It helps the party out. Bear tanks are there to take the heat off of you so you can do damage, don't let them die for it.
    4) Don't drag, stomp or blast bosses too far away from their origin. When they get too far away (as in out of the room they started in and down the hall), they will stop, become invincible, return to their original position and completely heal themselves. Not good, right?
    5) Kiting is often an effective way of keeping yourself alive and herding mobs into a single group you can efficiently blast with AoE, however, don't overdo it. I think the worst place to kite wildly is the Shacklerock(?) valley where the stone giants are. They are not too tough to take on one on one, but they are all over the place and if you start running around into the proximity of other giants gaining aggro, you might soon be dragging 5 or more giants around into the other players. This is not a good thing.
    6) Try to do the maps sequentially. Not a biggie, but I've been with many parties that dash on down a corridor without paying attention to the map, leaving a room unbeaten. The problem is, when you get the end, you have to trek all the way back to finish off the level. If you aren't using your heads up map display, you should, it's useful, showing where enemies are, but you have to get close enough to see them before they appear on the map.

Added by Kujen
    -Bears, please taunt. If you have more armor than your teammates, they need you to take the damage - to tank for them.
    - that goes along with mages healing, mages please heal whenever you can
    -Also everyone else, don't rely on mages to heal you. Heal has a cooldown and is not always enough to keep you alive, you need to use your health pots as well
    - don't get mad if somebody else gets a good drop. Just tell them "Grats". If it's something you want you can offer to buy. Everyone gets their own roll for drops, so it is nobodies fault that you didn't get a good drop. It's just luck
    -if youre going to boot somebody, do it when they first enter. Don't wait 5 min and then boot them because you want your buddy to join.
    -don't boot people with elixirs.
    -don't boot at the boss. It won't help your drop chances anyway.

added by Ona
    - when someone asks for everybody to "pot" (or "pot up"), it means that you may need to use a tank pot (the blue one) and in some cases (when the boss is really hard or when the party is not strong enough) you can add the melee pot (red one). When everybody pots, don't be cheap, pot yourself. Otherwise, you may die very fast and be useless to the others. And they won't tell you nice things and invite you to remake the game.

That's it so far.
    Back in 2011, this was the effort to stem the Mynas generation ... and the Power Level generation as well.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 10-15-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    I gotta admit, I am definitely one to be annoyed by rushing. It's a reality though. It's especially bad at certain twink ranges, but end game too can from time to time have it's share of issues.

This was the Oldie Code of Honor

Back in 2011, this was the effort to stem the Mynas generation ... and the Power Level generation as well.
    Man those rules mean nothing now sad to see the gens that followed didn't adopt this list of honored rules. I liked (Kujens post the most)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Gotta say 90% of those.rules are gone now
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Just mute they, and kill till they leave it.

You are ROCK!
    PL - Besbirdy L76 Bird
    Well you done is better than well said...