Thread: New Idea- PvP/Arena with a Twist: The Mirror Room!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Lightbulb New Idea- PvP/Arena with a Twist: The Mirror Room!

Similar to how we already have a CTF and TDM room, I think it would be a lot of fun to add a new, special kind of room to PvP or Arena: The Mirror Room

The same rules apply as with regular PvP/Arena, except with a twist: in the Mirror Room, your opponents will always be exact dopplegangers of the players who join! They will look exactly the same as you, be the same level, and have the same gear/stats/skills/pets. The only difference is that they will have a, hopefully, challenging level of AI and be controlled by the game.

5 friends, guildmates, or strangers could join a PvP room and go up against exact copies of themselves! Ever have an awesome PvP match and felt like you were unstoppable, dishing out crits and blows left and right? Well, see if you have what it takes to be on the receiving end of that by facing yourself!

Maybe this idea can also be implemented in a 1v1 style so it's really only you against yourself, and others can join as spectators and watch.

If this were to be implemented in an Arena setting, perhaps there could be a special achievement or title for beating your doppleganger if the AI is difficult enough.

In addition to all this, the Mirror Room would also serve as a great means for players and guild members to practice, allowing them to hone their PvP tactics and strategies, as well as giving them the opportunity to practice their skill timing and team coordination.

Do you have what it takes to face yourself and be victorious? Or will you lose yourself to... yourself? Find out in... The Mirror Room!
    Last edited by Reflexivity; 10-12-2013 at 09:27 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reflexivity For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Interesting idea... Would be cool to see it implemented.

However... Warrior fights will last almost "forever." *Cough Horn Cough*

Rogue and Mage battles will be based on crit and stun... Not sure how that would play out.

Though you are just basically fighting another player with the exact same equipment with you... just not the same playstyle.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Interesting idea... Would be cool to see it implemented.

However... Warrior fights will last almost "forever." *Cough Horn Cough*

Rogue and Mage battles will be based on crit and stun... Not sure how that would play out.

Though you are just basically fighting another player with the exact same equipment with you... just not the same playstyle.
    Good call with the warrior's horn, hahaha. Didn't think about that. It would, indeed, be a bummer, especially 1v1.

Maybe in a 5v5 it would be less of an issue since theres more potential for a diverse team? It couldn't be worse than the current 5v5 set ups, which sometimes have several warriors on one team.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Assasins creed Idea?? jajaja.. good i agree!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

O.O Great!
    IGN: Sariita/Sariibites - AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

u sound desperate to me. Go get some decent gear. No way around it.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post
    u sound desperate to me. Go get some decent gear. No way around it.
    What is your problem, man? This is a separate thread from my other one regarding mythics and should be viewed as a fresh idea. Learn to differentiate between posts. This is an entirely new idea and should not be compared to my other thread; it has nothing to do with that one.

If anyone appears desperate, it's you. You're the one stalking my posts, coming into my thread, and leaving unhelpful/insulting/offensive comments, which by the way, offer no constructive feedback or input whatsoever. If you don't like my posts, then don't read them, no one is forcing you to. No need to be a troll on the forums.
    Last edited by Reflexivity; 10-12-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Neat idea, but I think the training dummies would suffice in regards to implementing something that let's us practice 1 on 1. Devs also liked the training dummies idea, but we've yet to hear about any development progress. Maybe your doppelganger idea would be better than an idle training dummy. I wouldn't it this into a larger-scale PvP map, though. PvP against AI... not sure I'd enjoy that. Sooner or later we'd learn the tricks to kill them every time, just like a Nintendo game. But who knows, might be doable.
    Last edited by Taejo; 10-12-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reflexivity View Post
    Similar to how we already have a CTF and TDM room, I think it would be a lot of fun to add a new, special kind of room to PvP or Arena: The Mirror Room

The same rules apply as with regular PvP/Arena, except with a twist: in the Mirror Room, your opponents will always be exact dopplegangers of the players who join! They will look exactly the same as you, be the same level, and have the same gear/stats/skills/pets. The only difference is that they will have a, hopefully, challenging level of AI and be controlled by the game.

5 friends, guildmates, or strangers could join a PvP room and go up against exact copies of themselves! Ever have an awesome PvP match and felt like you were unstoppable, dishing out crits and blows left and right? Well, see if you have what it takes to be on the receiving end of that by facing yourself!

Maybe this idea can also be implemented in a 1v1 style so it's really only you against yourself, and others can join as spectators and watch.

If this were to be implemented in an Arena setting, perhaps there could be a special achievement or title for beating your doppleganger if the AI is difficult enough.

In addition to all this, the Mirror Room would also serve as a great means for players and guild members to practice, allowing them to hone their PvP tactics and strategies, as well as giving them the opportunity to practice their skill timing and team coordination.

Do you have what it takes to face yourself and be victorious? Or will you lose yourself to... yourself? Find out in... The Mirror Room!
    This is very nicely twist to add flavour to the game.i like it.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Sorry to say but the programming of AL hardly has the complexity to make the AI characters a challenge. The only way they are able to make bosses a challenge to us is to make them have far better stats and skills than we do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

I like this idea.. but considering what ener posted above, maybe we could find a way to allow someone to play your dupe? wouldn't it be interesting if u walk into the mirror arena and get to play a rogue if you're a warrior?!

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Is'nt pvp player vs player
    and player vs A.I. (PvE) player vs enemy, player vs environment?

haha

Edit: Just saying technically it wouldn't be PvP anymore.
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

A.I = High ping and lag. And bots are always cheated. He cans calculate the better distance between you and him.

But bots can't use the wall hiding like you. Cool idea but for a AI challenger, this will be an awesome work and complicate for mobile

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

This could be an alternate solution for casual gamers even those who wanna escape the game routines and have a short break.
    We know that most dont really read the quest or immerse themselves into the story.which is true.

But there are especially newbies who would take their time to get into the content and play on their own without the pressure of competition.

Thus this could be a fun way to enjoy or having fun or even practising by fighting antoher you.
    semi-retired

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfai For This Useful Post: