Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Hit KOs from Game Bosses are Not Bugs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Default One Hit KOs from Game Bosses are Not Bugs

After reading so many posts on one hits from bosses.. this has what finally been understood. .:

These one hits are deliberately kept in game to control the economy. ..

How?

People restrain from killing these hard bosses...
    This inturn reduces good items from flooding the auction and stops price fall...
    So game season runs longer in the ensuing struggle...

Also.. people get encouraged to use plats to kill these bosses...

There are many other aspects seeming to be bugs in game... (eg:Hit outside red zones)
    HOWEVER they are not

Pl correct me if u think this post needs correction...
    N I hope it helps newbies understand the game from the start...

This is the game's hidden message: U don't get to the top easy ..so spend money n get greedy xD
    Last edited by Linkincena; 10-14-2013 at 11:21 AM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Linkincena For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

How do you know this? or is this just a theory?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

It is obviously a theory as linkincena is neither a dev nor is he a mod, but after reading i completely agree

How can it be a bug if so many of those bosses 1 hit kill? bugs are supposed to be rare and fixed when warned about to the sts team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

False. I can, and have, run every map without dying in a pro party.

You need gear, skill, build, and strategy. Its a hard game.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    False. I can, and have, run every map without dying in a pro party.

You need gear, skill, build, and strategy. Its a hard game.
    Are you saying you have never been one hit killed?

But yes, you're right, if you get a party of all "pros" its possible to make it through a map and not die. So, everyone just needs to get their pros together and run.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Of course they are not bugs. Although to be honest I never thought they were bugs, just a business decision to get us to spend plat (I highly doubt that it is a measure to control the economy). Further evidence that it was designed this way is how easy it was for them to reduce the damage of frostbite's pull and bloodhammer's shellshock only after persistent outrage by the community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Nobody said it was a bug, they said that the red zone is bugged, sometimes u get one hitted while u aren't in the red zone. Troll bosses like Glob, frostir and krunch have this fake red zones
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desperoto View Post
    Nobody said it was a bug, they said that the red zone is bugged, sometimes u get one hitted while u aren't in the red zone. Troll bosses like Glob, frostir and krunch have this fake red zones
    Those hit outside red zones?.. They are easy to fix.. don't u think?
    Those are not bugs either

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

How many One Hit KO's are One hit KO's? A One Hit KO is death from a single shot from a full health bar. I get 'oops/lag' KO'd all the time which is what they mostly are.
    Ooops KO is when you take a couple small hits that erodes your bar THEN take a massive hit before you slam the pots, thinking you had time to get to it (Bosses with minions do this to me all the time).
    Lag KO's LOOK like One Hit KO's because you see your bar disappear instantly but in truth you took more then one hit but did not see them because of the lag, you only see the COMBINED total devastation.

So are they bugs? The only BUG is that LAG is the deadliest killer in the game, and there is nothing they can do about it because if they change the system then it will be exploited (if you can survive on lag, you can put yourself in lag on purpose).

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    How many One Hit KO's are One hit KO's? A One Hit KO is death from a single shot from a full health bar. I get 'oops/lag' KO'd all the time which is what they mostly are.
    Ooops KO is when you take a couple small hits that erodes your bar THEN take a massive hit before you slam the pots, thinking you had time to get to it (Bosses with minions do this to me all the time).
    Lag KO's LOOK like One Hit KO's because you see your bar disappear instantly but in truth you took more then one hit but did not see them because of the lag, you only see the COMBINED total devastation.

So are they bugs? The only BUG is that LAG is the deadliest killer in the game, and there is nothing they can do about it because if they change the system then it will be exploited (if you can survive on lag, you can put yourself in lag on purpose).
    Ooooh
    . The Boss is faster than superman.. xD

Well ask those who are on 50 Mbps connection and they get 1 hit by oltgar or bloodhammer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

In short... Lag sucks
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    Ooooh
    . The Boss is faster than superman.. xD

Well ask those who are on 50 Mbps connection and they get 1 hit by oltgar or bloodhammer
    I am on a 50 Mbps (FIOS) Connection in DC (Servers are Hosted in Virginia) and I still get lag. And I ask again, are you SURE they getting One Hit or multi-hit? And if One Hit, are they in the Red Zone?

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

I am on a 50 Mbps (FIOS) Connection in DC (Servers are Hosted in Virginia) and I still get lag. And I ask again, are you SURE they getting One Hit or multi-hit? And if One Hit, are they in the Red Zone?
    Multi hits are there... n so are 6k hits and 7k hits
    Proof?
    Check out the technical bugs section

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    Multi hits are there... n so are 6k hits and 7k hits
    Proof?
    Check out the technical bugs section
    6-7K Hits SHOULD only occur in the red zone. As has been stated by Dev's (and this SACKS) it is the Red Zone on the server, not the client. They don't always match, and that is LAG [AGGGGGGG ... toss the device and scream].
    But players who get One Hit are not ALWAYS getting 6-7K damage, some times it is much lower, but consider if a boss hits for a nice low 2K (after armor) and you have 3K health. Boss can EASILY hit you twice in a mini-lag-spike ... once again causing you to toss the device and scream.

Hmm, wonder if it is no longer Lag, and more that my poor device has been tossed so many times

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

6-7K Hits SHOULD only occur in the red zone. As has been stated by Dev's (and this SACKS) it is the Red Zone on the server, not the client. They don't always match, and that is LAG [AGGGGGGG ... toss the device and scream].
    But players who get One Hit are not ALWAYS getting 6-7K damage, some times it is much lower, but consider if a boss hits for a nice low 2K (after armor) and you have 3K health. Boss can EASILY hit you twice in a mini-lag-spike ... once again causing you to toss the device and scream.

Hmm, wonder if it is no longer Lag, and more that my poor device has been tossed so many times
    Meh... that claim is wrong. However they cut it. I've been outside the red zone hit in Nordr many times. Its not lag.

Funny thing is, when I go back to Kraken, it doens't happen. So, maybe its just Nordr that lags a lot and has this problem? Don't have a large enough sample size in Shuyal, but I have seen it happen on occasion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Meh... that claim is wrong. However they cut it. I've been outside the red zone hit in Nordr many times. Its not lag.

Funny thing is, when I go back to Kraken, it doens't happen. So, maybe its just Nordr that lags a lot and has this problem? Don't have a large enough sample size in Shuyal, but I have seen it happen on occasion.
    Can't say for sure, but Nordr is hell when it comes to lag because you get lag stuck to ice so you ~think~ you have moved out but in reality you are glued there and dead and the server just has not told you yet. Happens most with any movement skills like shadow pierce, as it looks like you 'flew over the ice' but nope, your dead.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Can't say for sure, but Nordr is hell when it comes to lag because you get lag stuck to ice so you ~think~ you have moved out but in reality you are glued there and dead and the server just has not told you yet. Happens most with any movement skills like shadow pierce, as it looks like you 'flew over the ice' but nope, your dead.
    I understand what you're saying. But its not the case. I've had lag deaths. But the situations I'm talking about my ping is always green. Nothing else is lagging. Unless the claim is that its magical lag, in which case there is no proof because there is always some latency between when you get killed and when you can check your ping. Maybe it magically spikes for those couple of seconds.

The only reason I say it isn't the case, is because over large sample sizes I never saw this outside the redzone issue happen in Kraken. But it happened frequently in Nordr (ice patches or not, e.g. Frostir). Even in normal Shuyal I've seen it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I understand what you're saying. But its not the case. I've had lag deaths. But the situations I'm talking about my ping is always green. Nothing else is lagging. Unless the claim is that its magical lag, in which case there is no proof because there is always some latency between when you get killed and when you can check your ping. Maybe it magically spikes for those couple of seconds.

The only reason I say it isn't the case, is because over large sample sizes I never saw this outside the redzone issue happen in Kraken. But it happened frequently in Nordr (ice patches or not, e.g. Frostir). Even in normal Shuyal I've seen it
    Do you get one hit KO'd INSIDE the red zone in Kracken?

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Do you get one hit KO'd INSIDE the red zone in Kracken?
    I did by blood hammer at lvl 31. Haven't tried since lvl 35/36. But really, I guess this issue isn't about getting one hit. Its about getting hit outside the red zone, period. Just so happens that in Nordr its a lot easier to get one hit KO'd inside. So when you get hit outside the red zone you are still getting one hit KO'd. Make sense?

Fluff are you saying you've never experienced this? Or that you believe it all has to do with lag? I find that hard to believe man. I've encountered it soo often. Now, luckily, since I've been using mythics its more just a "One hit ALMOST KO outside the red zone". But, I haven't partaken in Elite Shuyal really yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i agree with aedenos. the red zones in nord were bugged big time. they fixed all of them except spider tho. frostnir was especially bad about 1 hit outside red zones but they fixed him. i haven't had any problem with getting one hit in shuyal tho.