Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey roges what do you demand on a warrior for an elite pve party?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Hey roges what do you demand on a warrior for an elite pve party?

Roges are the most demand chararacter in elite pve runs because of their damage. But I want to know what roges need on a warrior in this season.

Thanks for your answers!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Tough.6 packs.with muscles.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Feeble x2, shield, and survive the mobs! Don't really care how you do it. If you can't afford arcane weapon, use the mythic glaive. If you can't afford glaive, use pavise. If you can't afford pavise, use the 500 gold sword and shield tanking weapon LOL. Key is to take hits and to keep group alive!

Add me Kakashis, I only do elite
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

i love run with 2 rogue 1 sorc and 1 war. or just 1 war 2 rogue XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I really like it when i run with warriors who can shield at proper times and can hold aggro well enough. I also like it when warriors dont die lol. That is basically all i need from a warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Uhm, you may want to ask warriors instead. Rouges don't know how to play a warrior; or how our procs, skills, and cool downs affect runs.

Note: there is a warrior discussion tab with a ton of helpful threads and posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by juaki View Post
    Roges are the most demand chararacter in elite pve runs because of their damage. But I want to know what roges need on a warrior in this season.

Thanks for your answers!!!
    I would venture to say this hasn’t changed much in any season. Rogues (and mages alike) look for tanks who can do the following. When I think back to all the various tanks I have run with I can count on one hand those who met all of the criteria below.

And to be clear, I run with any tanks, but tanks who have the below skillset end up making it a smoother and faster run.

Stay alive.
    If you’re running with a group that is relying on a tank to hold aggro and you’ve got large pulls, if you die, typically the squishies die too.
    Know the pulls
    If you don’t know where to stand and fight you cause problems for your rogues and AOE mages who are throwing out AOE spells that end up going to waste since typically MOBs follow the warrior.
    Hold aggro well
    This goes for the bosses as well as the trashmob pulls. This is downright impossible without the right build and without taunts. Warriors just cannot keep up with the damage output of their rogue and mage counterparts, thus without taunts holding aggro is a relative impossibility.
    Know when to relocate.
    In pre-shuyal my expectation of Warriors was they they would hold still to ensure the MOBs crowded up around the tank and he would act as a meat shield to the rogues and mages. In Shuyal, I expect something very different and it takes a great deal of teamwork to be able to pull this off. In Elite Shuyal we (rogues) can indicate a relocation by popping smoke in a different location and the tank moves when he sees we have done so.
    Know the boss you’re up against
    Know when to use your HOR. Some bosses can One-Hit-Kill your team members and if they die you end up paying the price in additional POT consumption. To help your team out, summon a pet that will protect them when HOR is on cooldown and alternate between the two. Malison is a useful pet to hit right before the windup attacks as well as George. Twist HOR and George and watch how that boss never does any damage to your buddies : )
    Last edited by Alrisaia; 10-17-2013 at 04:29 PM. Reason: reformatted

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alrisaia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

I like when war's pull elite shuyal mobs outa the pink patchs so my razor shield can deal its maximum amount of damage : )
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfai View Post
    Tough.6 packs.with muscles.
    Well then, you'll LOVE my 8 - pack. Lolz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Hold the line
    Stay alive
    Follow smoke/Jump on pulled mobs from traps
    Quick Transitions

Thats the base, anything more is a bonus.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iluvataris View Post
    I like when war's pull elite shuyal mobs outa the pink patchs so my razor shield can deal its maximum amount of damage : )
    It's called "purple goo". Get it right!

On a serious note, I agree this is very important for a warrior running elite Shuyal. It's a very difficult task, also.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

i like pink stuff myself

Edit: im sure it is tough but if everyones on the same mindset pull them out the pink #@&$ yo's.
    Goes pretty smooth.
    Last edited by iluvataris; 10-17-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I like it when warrs can do the following:

HIT POTS LIKE YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE....Cause you are

Taunt lè mob.

The Horn of Renew in your skill set.

Close runner up... USE the Horn of Renew.

Using Ribbit for team crit, Glacian better tho (Because hj and Glacain stacks)

Be fat and meaty (Fat = to have armor, Meaty = To have enough HP to survive)

In Shutal maps, for goodness sake don't stand still in tht purple patch thingy or you'll die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Juaki, nice of you to ask! A lot of times people will play without knowing what is expected of them! I agree with everything that has been posted here, specialty with moving out of the death trap that is the pink (!) goo in shuyal.

I'll add that I appreciate a warrior that knows the pulls and takes the lead so I don't have to.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk

The toeless smurf!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Decent armor and damage
    Heal
    Have feeble skill for bosses
    Ribbit

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Rogues*

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I feel a bit sorry for the warriors (I am a former tank myself) in this season, because two top-equipped rogues and two top-equipped mages can clear the maps very effectively and to be honest, all my successful or less successful LB runs were done in such a party. Shuyal is full of goo, stuns, and bosses that are deadly on a close range. Or bosses that require high DMG/DPS of the party (Overgrowth).

On the other hand - speaking on behalf of a guild that teaches level 35 players with legendary gear to run elites - not every party is top geared and a good tank is essential for endurance of the team.

Many has been said about concrete skills setup which (in fact it is nothing new) boil down to two essentials - hold aggro and survive. I want to say that the tank can be still very helpful not only when biting through the mobs, but also at concrete bosses, e.g.

Ashral/Wraith Heart
    Tanks keeps aggro of that poison dude and keeps the green circle away from the boss. DPS's stun the other two dudes quickly and then use long range to stun this poison guy, saving skills for the moment when heart drops its shield.

Ferrix
    Tank keeps aggro of the mist with the goal to expose Ferrix to close range attacks of the rogues (SV followed by RS, and/or SP if you have). Tank uses HoR that give precious invulnerability for DPS's to attack even in the mist (spam pots very fast)
    BTW I have heard it is possible to prevent ferrix from spawning that mist. I have not observed which is the right moment to stun him yet, though.

Krom
    Tank attempts to separate mobs from the boss, because often you can't avoid fighting boss and mobs in the same time close to the statue.

Inan
    As said before, tank times his HoR well and fires it to protect the buddies from AoE attack. As a support, he uses stun pet that he fires if he himself get stunned (because Inan causes St.Vitus' Dance disease quite often)

Frostir
    it is proven that now the boss can be cleared at the wall on a close range very quickly.Tank holds aggro, blocks him from jumping into the free area and times HoR and stun pet so that the area attack does not kill his buddies (particularly when the Minotaur King "enrages").

While I am not particularly paranoid about gear, once I did Ferrix map with two tanks who had a maul. The dudes pulled at the second lamp zone like half of the map together, that means all that were left on the pathway, the dead end and also all the mobs up to the bridge. I thought it is an instant kill, but in the end it was the most funny run I have ever had and I did not die a single time. The key was relocation from the goo that filled like half of the green zone.

So, I recommend for tanks to listen to rogues and mages, concentrating on HP and making sure they don't die in the goo. Relocate a bit if you see there is goo all around and your DPS buddies can't reach the mobs on a melee range.

We love you, tanks! Don't listen to us egoistic rogues and mages when we rant about the map taking too long with you! Perhaps we have spammed only a half of pots we would have spammed if it were not for you!!!
    Last edited by KingMartin; 10-18-2013 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Ferrix note

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    I would venture to say this hasn’t changed much in any season. Rogues (and mages alike) look for tanks who can do the following. When I think back to all the various tanks I have run with I can count on one hand those who met all of the criteria below.

And to be clear, I run with any tanks, but tanks who have the below skillset end up making it a smoother and faster run.

Stay alive.
    If you’re running with a group that is relying on a tank to hold aggro and you’ve got large pulls, if you die, typically the squishies die too.
    Know the pulls
    If you don’t know where to stand and fight you cause problems for your rogues and AOE mages who are throwing out AOE spells that end up going to waste since typically MOBs follow the warrior.
    Hold aggro well
    This goes for the bosses as well as the trashmob pulls. This is downright impossible without the right build and without taunts. Warriors just cannot keep up with the damage output of their rogue and mage counterparts, thus without taunts holding aggro is a relative impossibility.
    Know when to relocate.
    In pre-shuyal my expectation of Warriors was they they would hold still to ensure the MOBs crowded up around the tank and he would act as a meat shield to the rogues and mages. In Shuyal, I expect something very different and it takes a great deal of teamwork to be able to pull this off. In Elite Shuyal we (rogues) can indicate a relocation by popping smoke in a different location and the tank moves when he sees we have done so.
    Know the boss you’re up against
    Know when to use your HOR. Some bosses can One-Hit-Kill your team members and if they die you end up paying the price in additional POT consumption. To help your team out, summon a pet that will protect them when HOR is on cooldown and alternate between the two. Malison is a useful pet to hit right before the windup attacks as well as George. Twist HOR and George and watch how that boss never does any damage to your buddies : )

THIS ^
    youre a great tank, if you have these knowledge.
    specially knowing your boss.. every boss has patterns... learn them.. study them

ex. Lord Madrom elite - Fire rain every 12-13 s........... HoR cooldown? 15s. ofcourse devs are smart. pot up LOL

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Only 2.. Don't let yourself die, and don't let your mate die..

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

as a warrior, we demand some things from rogues as well

1. Include Shadow Veil in your Skills
    2. Use traps
    3. DON'T USE BOW WHEN CLEARING MOBS! DAGGERS ARE BETTER! BOWS ARE FOR BOSSES ONLY!