Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Grimm, the Harvester of Souls - new Mythic Pet Available for a Limited Time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

I like this pet, simple and clean. Very nice STS.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

If the cool down is 30 secs I have no objection. I was planning to come on here and ci.plain about how similar he is to samuel, but with a cool down this long I would be blowing hot air. Good job guys love his animation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I seriously want this pet <_>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzzz View Post
    I know that, but here is the fact. Both have 250 plat price, exact stat, but grimm arcane ability overpowered slag. I mean why they have to make the stat exact like slag and not make it a bit different ? People who bought grim will not buy slag, with an exception he have tons of plat
    I understand where you're coming from, and I agree to a certain extent. I think pet developing is one of the tougher tasks for developers, because they have the arduous task of considering how the new pet will effect every aspect of the game. STS seems to be trying their best in terms of creativity and differences among pet stats ever since Shuyal's pets were introduced. For example, Grimm is the first pet with a passive that negates core stats (str, dex, int) which I think is pretty neat. He is very similar to Slag, though, I agree. I own both pets on my sorcerer, so I am right there with you in terms of wanting a Slag refund, Jetzzz. Its just a hard pill to swallow.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzzz:1302558
    I bought slag but now i feel get cheated, because this pet have exact stat and better arcane ability than slag
    Slag may still better than Grimm in some cases.
    Slag has panic / terror while Grimm has stun.

Many expansion bosses rarely ever stun (outside of George and Kelvin)

In pvp, stun has a 7 second immunity after each stun. Afterwards is usually just a slight stagger. Terror / panic seems to last forever some days and is much better for pvp.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

lol, it weakeners other ppl... he takes their souls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

lol. i have both. just for looks. haze is the best
    WHAzzuuuppppppp?!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Got him! still in progress for 36.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Looks awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

My question regarding the Core stats Debuff, does this apply in PvP as well? and how does it apply vs. enemies in the game? I never thought of mobs and bosses as having STR DEX INT values like toons, but i guess it makes sense.

As for buying the "older" mythic pets vs newly released ones, While the timing of your purchase may have sucked, you still bought a tried and tested limited time offer pet and have enjoyed it since the time you purchased it. its been a few weeks since the last time slag went on sale, and i'm sure you've enjoyed your pet this whole time

Its like buying last years Latest and greatest phone on sale (I think slag was on sale last time too), when there's a good chance a newer model is right around the corner.

TL;DR - Dont have buyers remorse! Enjoy what you got!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Grimm's stun is different from Slag's stun.

Panic/Terror work different then regular stuns and is better. IMO Slag is better for PvP based on the type of stun he generates. Just like Clyde's stun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamin3131:1303177
    My question regarding the Core stats Debuff, does this apply in PvP as well? and how does it apply vs. enemies in the game? I never thought of mobs and bosses as having STR DEX INT values like toons, but i guess it makes sense.

As for buying the "older" mythic pets vs newly released ones, While the timing of your purchase may have sucked, you still bought a tried and tested limited time offer pet and have enjoyed it since the time you purchased it. its been a few weeks since the last time slag went on sale, and i'm sure you've enjoyed your pet this whole time

Its like buying last years Latest and greatest phone on sale (I think slag was on sale last time too), when there's a good chance a newer model is right around the corner.

TL;DR - Dont have buyers remorse! Enjoy what you got!
    Its about providing feedback. When slaag was about to be introduced for the first time, he was a high dex pet for example. They changed that. The stat reduction passive attack seems useless in elite pve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

My first thought is that this pet is pretty darn simular to samael. And you know what? It's a slightly weaker Sam! I want one!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Its about providing feedback. When slaag was about to be introduced for the first time, he was a high dex pet for example. They changed that. The stat reduction passive attack seems useless in elite pve.

I have to agree, stat debuff does seem useless. I almost want to lvl him up hopping it will change....except it doesn't....
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    I have to agree, stat debuff does seem useless. I almost want to lvl him up hopping it will change....except it doesn't....
    His passive at level 10 has -10% dodge, -5% hit. I agree with you, as I would much rather have the -10% dodge than -10 dex, int, str.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Completely agree, having -10 str dex int is useless in pve unless devs state mobs have str int dex stats. If they don't have pls change it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Surprisingly, not that many people have purchased this pet! I've seen less than 10 kicking and most are the same people! Good pet if you don't have slag yet. I heard his stun isn't as effective as Slags
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Devs might want to check on the stun on Grimm. It hasn't seemed to be happening very much at all through the process of leveling him to 35/36. And in pvp when it does happen, it lasts a fraction of a second.

Have just got him to elite level so more feedback to come once he gets tested more extensively. Just love the animations on him. So fun.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Devs might want to check on the stun on Grimm. It hasn't seemed to be happening very much at all through the process of leveling him to 35/36. And in pvp when it does happen, it lasts a fraction of a second.

Have just got him to elite level so more feedback to come once he gets tested more extensively. Just love the animations on him. So fun.
    Considering his overly strong passive attack & banish-like ability, I think that this makes up for it. If they added a terrify/panic option like Slag/Samael, what would be the purpose of those two pets?

IMO, they managed to make a niche where this pet would see potential use perhaps as a cooldown to Slag/Samael.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I think you mistook my intent. I wasn't asking for the pet to be made more powerful, I was asking the devs to check if the stun in the arcane ability is working as it is supposed to.

The reason I ask is that the pet advertises a "high chance to stun", yet running for an hour with 3 grimms together in km3, I did not see any of the 3 bosses stunned a single time. Over 50% of the time when I use the arcane ability, no mobs get stunned, and when the stun happens it is often only one mob (and yes, I gather a group of them tidily in my traps before setting off the ability, for best effect). I was not able to make Grimm stun any elite bosses I tested on in several arena runs either. This just seems a bit unusual for a pet that is supposed to have a high chance of stun.

Tested in: Kraken Mines, Elite Oltgar, Ashral Tower normal, Arena.

Part of what I am wondering is if, when they made the kill not work on bosses, the stun was accidentally included as well. It would not be unheard of for such a thing to happen.

Again, I am loving this pet, so this is not a complaint or attempt to get the pet buffed, just a curiosity and observations from use that might be helpful to the developers.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: