Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Grimm, the Harvester of Souls - new Mythic Pet Available for a Limited Time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I really don't understand why there being grimm eggs is such a big deal... first off lemme say I'm a plat buyer and user. I have all mythic pets except ripmaw just cuz I missed it and kinda didn't wanna b uy it at the time... slag is by far my favorite. Anyways back to the point. I bought grimm mostly for his looks and possibly him not to return for a year. His stun was kinda disappointing but is much better now... his banish is amazing on a non arcane pet. So I was very happy with my purchase. I was expecting a vanity pet and I got much more. I knew what I was getting into. His stats weren't posted on the forums as quickly as most mythic pets were so I can understand some disappointment. Kinda wish there was a way to see arcane and passive attacks without purchasing a pet.

When I saw eggs were being sold I was excited. I saw this as a money making opportunity, as did many other people. What I don't understand is the comments of why non plat spenders shouldn't b able to get a mythic pet. Many people have argued that al is becoming a pay to win game... isn't this a way to move aeay from that? People complain that now people ar getting the mythic ap and banner, and honestly I don't see the big deal. Why shouldn't they be able to get this achievment? Maybe there is something I am missing, and I hate to say it, but maybe some people are just being a bit selfish. I've spent a lot of plat and every time I did so I knew I was taking a risk.. me spending plat doesn't make me think that I should b stronger than anyone else or that I should have access to exclusive plat only items, such as pets. I see it as taking the lazy way of hetting the items that I want/need due to the fact that I'm very busy (work at us army) and honestly I hate spending what little time I do get to play on farming.

So basically if I'm missing something please fill me in, but I think we should at least attempt to be happy for the die hard farmers that have gotten through the game without spending any plat. They are finally able to obtain a mythic pet that has never been obtainable without plat.

Anyways thank u stg for providong this awesome game and thank u to the community that I have griwn to love.

Sorry if my ideas are a bit random or jumbled... I'm currently on a 24 hr shift and a bit dilusional at the moment...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maalice For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I don't think the drama was about being selfish and not allowing non-plat players to get mythic pets. It was more about having spending 250 plat, which is about $30 USD real money mind you, on something that became available via in-game currency only a week later.

Thankfully, STS allowed those who paid through the stable to refund Grimm if they chose to. If given the choice, I would much rather spend 800-900k gold versus 250 plat for a pet.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakiniku View Post
    I don't think the drama was about being selfish and not allowing non-plat players to get mythic pets. It was more about having spending 250 plat, which is about $30 USD real money mind you, on something that became available via in-game currency only a week later.

Thankfully, STS allowed those who paid through the stable to refund Grimm if they chose to. If given the choice, I would much rather spend 800-900k gold versus 250 plat for a pet.
    Wait, how can I be refunded? Really, because I am interested

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ixyris View Post
    Wait, how can I be refunded? Really, because I am interested

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2
    I replied to your PM.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maalice View Post
    I really don't understand why there being grimm eggs is such a big deal... first off lemme say I'm a plat buyer and user. I have all mythic pets except ripmaw just cuz I missed it and kinda didn't wanna b uy it at the time... slag is by far my favorite. Anyways back to the point. I bought grimm mostly for his looks and possibly him not to return for a year. His stun was kinda disappointing but is much better now... his banish is amazing on a non arcane pet. So I was very happy with my purchase. I was expecting a vanity pet and I got much more. I knew what I was getting into. His stats weren't posted on the forums as quickly as most mythic pets were so I can understand some disappointment. Kinda wish there was a way to see arcane and passive attacks without purchasing a pet.

When I saw eggs were being sold I was excited. I saw this as a money making opportunity, as did many other people. What I don't understand is the comments of why non plat spenders shouldn't b able to get a mythic pet. Many people have argued that al is becoming a pay to win game... isn't this a way to move aeay from that? People complain that now people ar getting the mythic ap and banner, and honestly I don't see the big deal. Why shouldn't they be able to get this achievment? Maybe there is something I am missing, and I hate to say it, but maybe some people are just being a bit selfish. I've spent a lot of plat and every time I did so I knew I was taking a risk.. me spending plat doesn't make me think that I should b stronger than anyone else or that I should have access to exclusive plat only items, such as pets. I see it as taking the lazy way of hetting the items that I want/need due to the fact that I'm very busy (work at us army) and honestly I hate spending what little time I do get to play on farming.

So basically if I'm missing something please fill me in, but I think we should at least attempt to be happy for the die hard farmers that have gotten through the game without spending any plat. They are finally able to obtain a mythic pet that has never been obtainable without plat.

Anyways thank u stg for providong this awesome game and thank u to the community that I have griwn to love.

Sorry if my ideas are a bit random or jumbled... I'm currently on a 24 hr shift and a bit dilusional at the moment...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakiniku View Post

What Yakiniku said.

I've also spent plat on this game, not a big spender or buyer, and here in lies the situation. When Grimm was released via the stable, it was safe to assume that he was going to remain plat exclusive based on prior mythic pets being plat exclusive, and statements by STS Devs saying Mythic pets would be plat only, and Arcane pets would be crate exclusive. I was fortunate enough to have enough plat to purchase Grimm, and would most likely be my only big plat purchase. I was saving my plat for this specific purpose, to own a mythic pet (a baby Sameal at that!).

One week later, A Mythic pet becomes available in tradeable form, so now i'm out 250 plat, and I can't take advantage of the Mythic egg sale frenzy that ensues, nor will I be able to buy another "Plat Exclusive" pet in the future.

Going forward, STS has said (dont quote me) that they will not be doing a staggered release of stable/egg, but instead will offer them at the same time. This is a good thing for everyone, but the way Grimm was handled was not good for everyone.

I look forward to the next mythic pet. Who will hopefully be available in both egg/stable form (at the same time).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maalice View Post

I agree with u!
    Its must not 4 tradeable -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Yup i hope the devs make grimm a bit better tomarrow he should be worth the payment i spent for him not just a vanity!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

the thing is, sts made it clear way before that mythic pets will stay plat exclusive. not all are rich players so i spend my plat wisely. i bought grimm right away knowing what sts said before

when eggs of them came out, naturally i was disappointed. i will never buy them through plats if they can be bought with gold. i got my plats refunded and bought one using my gold. i didnt expect it to happen but i am happy i got my plats back.

i should have emailed them back then regarding lep amulet cuz i didnt know it was tradeable

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chitgoks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

one of the best animation for pets