Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming L36 CTF Tournament: Participators Count!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I would like to participate.
    There are no men like me . There is only me.

Live and work at Singapore with wife. But literally born in the Philippines
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

What is the goal of this tournament to win? If its CTF, then first team score 5 wins right?
    Is it 4 vs 4 CTF, then two are referees?
    >If it is, then ganging ,spawn killing and blocking of opponents team member should be allowed. That is all included in the team tactics.
    The only thing to do with the referree is to ensure some rules are followed,like no trashtalking. AND foremost, say "are all teams ready?GOOO" Then wait who score 5 wins.
    > And btw, How would someone monitor and filter if everyone using the right equipments all the time during the ctf? I mean how? Coz referees might interrupt the fight. (Sugestion- no equipment filtering coz IMO it would be too hard to monitor that during the fight without disrupting the fight). IMO
    Last edited by kharmel; 10-18-2013 at 03:39 AM. Reason: added suggestion
    PL= Trumkae-Enchantress / SL= Kharmel-Commando / Karmhel-Operative / DL=Kharmel / Ghostrike / Bloodyheaven

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Count me in Apollo...

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I'm in! Will this be a 5v5?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Everything sounds great, Alot of fun.
    I hope everyone can behave (crosses Fingers)

Also I'm having trouble understanding "one cannot downgrade gears to fill in a spot"
    we are limited on gear but cannot downgrade? Mind going into it a little more for clarification?

Nonetheless Sounds Awesome! Also sounds like alot of work : / Really appreciate it Apollo and STG

Edit: also Maybe a plan for STG in the future, 1 or 2 spectator spots on either team.
    Maybe the spectator could run around but couldn't be attacked. Maybe he could be a bit transparent.
    IMO would be fun to watch some commentated games hehe.
    Last edited by iluvataris; 10-18-2013 at 05:37 AM.
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

The goal is to get 5 flags correct?

Also, a full mythic player can downgrade to legendary gear and participate as the non-mythic player?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Added:

If it's meant to be capture 5 flags as fast as you can and a no ganging rule, 1 teammate could simply run off and be like "NO GANG", grab the flag and score.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

since hardek isnt around.

Ipredator, u have no choice, il be ur partner.. my lover.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    since hardek isnt around.

Ipredator, u have no choice, il be ur partner.. my lover.
    Be hisss loverrr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Added:

If it's meant to be capture 5 flags as fast as you can and a no ganging rule, 1 teammate could simply run off and be like "NO GANG", grab the flag and score.
    Ganging is classified as unfair teams, IMO. If the player strands away from the team, it was his own decision and risk that landed him in that situation and no mercy will be shown.

@Kharmel
    This is a fair play tournament. If you want to spawn or block off opposing teams, I suggest y'all find another tournament. That is a rule that I am going to remain firm on and will not be changing.

As for the downgrading of gear, one will be not allowed to downgrade to non-mythics if they own more than just a mythic weapon. To those planning to circumvent this rule, keep in mind that I know a good majority of player's gear and will not hesitate to DQ from this tournament or any other developer sponsored tournaments, so, don't take the risk.

Lastly, as for the gear swapping, that's a risk that will result in the whole team being disqualified if caught. There will be no repeal for that & the specific team members guilty will not be allowed in future tournaments. It's quite easy to determine if there's more gear being used than allowed. Why? One will have to specify which players are his non-mythic players, which players will be the mythic players, and which players will be the arcane players. Please, don't take the risk...as I really will not like DQ-ing a team due to breaking the rules. I am sure that all of you are skilled enough to win a tournament fairly.

As for the brackets, it seems we may have enough for only 3-4 teams. So, I was thinking of a 3v3 or 4v4 double elimination. Does that sound alright?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:1303244
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Added:

Ganging is classified as unfair teams, IMO. If the player strands away from the team, it was his own decision and risk that landed him in that situation and no mercy will be shown.

@Kharmel
    This is a fair play tournament. If you want to spawn or block off opposing teams, I suggest y'all find another tournament. That is a rule that I am going to remain firm on and will not be changing.

As for the downgrading of gear, one will be not allowed to downgrade to non-mythics if they own more than just a mythic weapon. To those planning to circumvent this rule, keep in mind that I know a good majority of player's gear and will not hesitate to DQ from this tournament or any other developer sponsored tournaments, so, don't take the risk.

Lastly, as for the gear swapping, that's a risk that will result in the whole team being disqualified if caught. There will be no repeal for that & the specific team members guilty will not be allowed in future tournaments. It's quite easy to determine if there's more gear being used than allowed. Why? One will have to specify which players are his non-mythic players, which players will be the mythic players, and which players will be the arcane players. Please, don't take the risk...as I really will not like DQ-ing a team due to breaking the rules. I am sure that all of you are skilled enough to win a tournament fairly.

As for the brackets, it seems we may have enough for only 3-4 teams. So, I was thinking of a 3v3 or 4v4 double elimination. Does that sound alright?
    So I cant go in as a legendary warrior?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    What's your IGN? If it is what I think it is & you have more than 1 mythic item prior to this tournament, no, you cannot go in as a legendary warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:1303277
    What's your IGN? If it is what I think it is & you have more than 1 mythic item prior to this tournament, no, you cannot go in as a legendary warrior.
    But i can create a 36 legendary warrior alt in 1 or 2 days. I think this rule is awkward and should be reconsidered. Being full legendary is handicap enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

[/QUOTE]
    As for the brackets, it seems we may have enough for only 3-4 teams. So, I was thinking of a 3v3 or 4v4 double elimination. Does that sound alright?[/QUOTE]

no more ctf?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

O ic i missed the team must have a non mythic player part. So full mythic is welcome?
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Live and work at Singapore with wife. But literally born in the Philippines
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

@Kharmel

That is literally not my point,im merely suggesting..coz there is non stated what is the tourney all about...i would love to join fair games...my question is,
    1. How to win this tourney?
    2. Is it ctf race to 5 wins?
    Some would not know me but others know that i know what is ctf is all about...u want to know real ctf? U can check it.out in dark legends..
    Coz if its a ctf, all strategy must be there, who and when to protect the flag,who and when to capture the flag..how many will defend and how many will attack..too many strategies to do..
    Those blocking,spawning and everything is a tactic...it might backfire also to the one doing it coz if it takes to win is to score a flag,then both are sacrificing member...
    > if ur have rules like no ganging or everything,ur dictating how the game flows...meaning, we play ctf,let them regroup after clash...then suddenly team wants to get the flag and one enemy is there...so basically,dont attack him coz its ganging?
    > so the tourney will be,clash,regroup,clash regroup? Avoid if enemy is alone...
    >im merely suggesting, people might know who play ctf on other sts games...

BUT if the tourney is like 4vs 4 or 3vs 3...clash and which team with last man standing,then disregard my opinion stated above..
    I want it to be successful tourney so im just stating my view in this..
    PL= Trumkae-Enchantress / SL= Kharmel-Commando / Karmhel-Operative / DL=Kharmel / Ghostrike / Bloodyheaven

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

When is this tourney going to be hosted? Weekday? Weekend?

Have to account for time zone differences etc.

I'd be interested Parth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

As for the brackets, it seems we may have enough for only 3-4 teams. So, I was thinking of a 3v3 or 4v4 double elimination. Does that sound alright?[/QUOTE]

no more ctf?[/QUOTE]

It's 3v3 or 4v4 double elimination CTF.

@Kei, it will most likely start 1-2 weeks from now on a Friday once the prizes are created. After that, there will be deadlines for each match up (They'll be given 2-4 days to complete a match & must specify an allotted time and date to meet up).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

But i can create a 36 legendary warrior alt in 1 or 2 days. I think this rule is awkward and should be reconsidered. Being full legendary is handicap enough.
    Find ways to go around the rules and it'll result in you and your entire team being disqualified. It's up to you, as there are ways to verify which I'm not going to disclose.

Why your entire team? Let's face it, they probably know who your alt is. This is not only going to be a tournament of wealth. Unless, of course, players would prefer me to implement an elite legendary only rule. Whichever one works for me. Keep in mind that I'm also full mythic and arcane. Since there will be exclusive tournament related rewards, I insist on everyone having a fighting chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If y'all want a full mythic tournament, I'm going to need a favor. Everyone who is interested in participating needs to post here so I can accurately see if there will be enough players to do that sort of tournament. If there isn't, this rule will remain.

The reason why the rule is there is that I'm looking for at least 4+ teams. Otherwise, it is not even a tournament.

@Cero, it is CTF, I just mixed my words up. 4+ teams will be going against each other in double elimination.