Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming L36 CTF Tournament: Participators Count!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Upcoming L36 CTF Tournament: Participators Count!

Hello,

I will be soon hosting a L36 developer sponsored tournament with possible PvP specific banners and platinum as rewards to the winners.

The reason why I am making this thread is I would like to know how many players are interested in participating. If you are interest, please post here. Why? This will help me determine the expected bracket size of this tournament.

To see potential tournament rules, please see this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Here's a teaser of tournament rules!

Tournament Rules:
    • A team leader may have no more than 2 of the same class on his team.
    • Before starting the match, each team must regroup into ONE spawn that is directly across from where the other team's spawn location is.
    • Before starting the match, one player of each team must go near the enemy's spawn to insure that no team member is attempting to get a head start. (Yes, these team members that go explore are technically the only players that are allowed a head start)
    • No vanities may be warn.
    • No trash talking during the entire time the tournament is taking place may occur. If any team player is found to be trash talking or behaving non-sportsmanlike, they will be disqualified and the team will not be allowed to sub in another player.
    • A team is allowed to have 1 sub, but that sub may not qualify to play if there is 2 of the same class active in the team.
    • Opposing teams facing each other MUST agree on a time & date to play. This must be done within 2 days of knowing who your opposing team is.
    • If a team does not meet on the time & date specified, they will be disqualified. (Under special circumstances, I will allow ONE re-trial to successfully meet up). If this means that team players have to stay up at a time inconvenient to them, so be it. There are sacrifices one must make for developer sponsored tournaments.
    • A screenshot of an agreeing time and date for each match-up must be posted AND PM'd to Apollo
    • If a team member goes AFK, it is up to the other team to decide wether to wait or not. However, sportsmanship and common courtesy will be appreciated.
    • Any drama/situations/disagreements once the tournament is in session must be PM'd to me. If any posts are made on the tournament thread, it will result in that player dropping out of the tournament.
    • There may be no more than 2 stun pets on one team. This tournament will require variation.
    • Arcane pets will be allowed, but no more than 2 arcane pets will be allowed on the team.
    • Arcane weapons will be allowed.
    • Mythic items will be allowed.
    • Only 1 arcane rarity item is allowed to be equipped. Meaning, if one has a Maul of Ollerus and Samael, they will have to choose which one to use.
    • Every team must have at least ONE non-mythic player (Non-mythic = No mythic helm, armor, or weapon).
    • Spawning or blocking off an opposing team's entrance will result in the entire team's automatic disqualification.
    • One cannot downgrade mythic gears in order to qualify for the one non-mythic player. I know who most of you mythic players are, so please don't try to sneak around this requirement.
    • You must post the team you are registering with on the tournament thread and specify which player will be the non-mythic player.

ANY RULES BROKEN MUST BE PROVEN WITH EVIDENCE OR THEY WILL BE CONSIDERED NULL.

Note: These rules are subject to change at any time, but let me know how these sounds. Please, constructive criticism only! If there is any add-ons, let me know.

If anyone would like me to add any rules as well, please suggest them & I will do so.
    P.S:

It will be appreciated if your team is on similar time-zones as that is a benefit to you. Why? If they are not able to make it online on the scheduled date, then I cannot do anything about it.
    Last edited by Zeus; 10-18-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

I suggest you remove the "one non mythic player rule". Just kinda a random rule with no real purpose.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azepeiete View Post
    I suggest you remove the "one non mythic player rule". Just kinda a random rule with no real purpose.
    It's there to allow non-mythic players a chance to participate in the tournament as well. Otherwise, we simply will not have enough players for a decent-sized bracket as just one team takes up 5-6 players, depending on if the team has a sub or not.
    Last edited by Zeus; 10-17-2013 at 09:15 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

I see. Still think it should be optional. We all know that person on the team is going to be a full mythic player downgrading just for the tournament. Good idea in theory, but it's gonna go to waste.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azepeiete View Post
    I see. Still think it should be optional. We all know that person on the team is going to be a full mythic player downgrading just for the tournament. Good idea in theory, but it's gonna go to waste.
    Perhaps, but I'd like to urge players not to do that and just spread out the teams. Otherwise, there will be an issue with brackets and there simply will not be enough players to host the tournament.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Personally, I'd love these kind of tournaments, but I would rather participate in a 2v2 or 3v3 tourney. Just saying, because last time when Delphina hosted one, I was a bit late to register and couldn't participate.
    And as aze was saying, I agree. Some full mythic/arcane is just gunna get full legendary gear for this tourney. Usually, full mythic people are friends with other full mythic people, and not really those non mythics ones, so in that case, I really wouldn't do that. But I love that rule, as a non mythic player. Even though, I appreciate you, Apollo, in doing these things for the community, competitions are much needed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Personally, I'd love these kind of tournaments, but I would rather participate in a 2v2 or 3v3 tourney. Just saying, because last time when Delphina hosted one, I was a bit late to register and couldn't participate.
    And as aze was saying, I agree. Some full mythic/arcane is just gunna get full legendary gear for this tourney. Usually, full mythic people are friends with other full mythic people, and not really those non mythics ones, so in that case, I really wouldn't do that. But I love that rule, as a non mythic player. Even though, I appreciate you, Apollo, in doing these things for the community, competitions are much needed.
    Then I'll also add in a rule stating that one cannot downgrade gears to fill in a spot. I do not want this to be a mythics only tournament for reasons I have stated above. There simply isn't enough players to do a mythics only tournament.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Then I'll also add in a rule stating that one cannot downgrade gears to fill in a spot. I do not want this to be a mythics only tournament for reasons I have stated above. There simply isn't enough players to do a mythics only tournament.
    And how will you justify that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

spawn killing might be avoided but blocking might not.
    I've played an actual ctf once and we pushed them at their spawn entrance killing their teamates while others are rushing back.
    also we all know that some are runners who rans back to spawn, might see it as spawn killing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

And how will you justify that?
    I know most players who are mythic players. Also, if somebody is just a mythic bow, then of course, I will not count them as downgrading.

Also, anyone who knows that a person is a mythic player and is being assigned a non-mythic role should speak up.

@Cero
    If they run back, you may kill them. I'm relying on team sportsmanship for this. Of course, everything in a tournament cannot be regulated so it's my request that players have sportsmanship.

I'll also add a rule that one may not run back into the spawn for cover. Why? This could lead to flag abuse, if somebody is trying to save the flag by going into a spawn where their teammate just respawned and has an invulnerability shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

EDIT: Sorry can't form a team this round.
    Last edited by Taejo; 10-19-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

@Cero
    If they run back, you may kill them. I'm relying on team sportsmanship for this. Of course, everything in a tournament cannot be regulated so it's my request that players have sportsmanship.

I'll also add a rule that one may not run back into the spawn for cover. Why? This could lead to flag abuse, if somebody is trying to save the flag by going into a spawn where their teammate just respawned and has an invulnerability shield.
    And how will you justify that too? What if the opposing team has a video of you spawn-killing and frames you, and you say that you were just doing as what Cero had mentioned above. Then what happens? Since the allied team has no evidence that they werent spawn-killing, what would happen then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

And how will you justify that too? What if the opposing team has a video of you spawn-killing and frames you, and you say that you were just doing as what Cero had mentioned above. Then what happens? Since the allied team has no evidence that they werent spawn-killing, what would happen then?
    A spawn kill wouldn't be just one kill, it would be multiple.

If players don't have integrity and need me to generate a rule for every possible scenario, what is the point of a tournament? Remember, if ANY drama does occur, it will not only result in no more tournaments, but it also will not allow any rewards for that tournament or any possible PvP exclusive rewards in the future.

It's up to tournament participators if they want to ruin it for everyone. Also, those that are known for causing drama in previous tournaments will be kept a close eye on.

Again, if the opposing team just has a picture or video of you killing someone in spawn, that's inconclusive as more than one situation could happen. However, if there is video of somebody entering the spawn, while the other teammates still have orbs, then it is different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

A spawn kill wouldn't be just one kill, it would be multiple.

If players don't have integrity and need me to generate a rule for every possible scenario, what is the point of a tournament? Remember, if ANY drama does occur, it will not only result in no more tournaments, but it also will not allow any rewards for that tournament or any possible PvP exclusive rewards in the future.

It's up to tournament participators if they want to ruin it for everyone. Also, those that are known for causing drama in previous tournaments will be kept a close eye on.

Again, if the opposing team just has a picture or video of you killing someone in spawn, that's inconclusive as more than one situation could happen. However, if there is video of somebody entering the spawn, while the other teammates still have orbs, then it is different.
    Then again, this tourney is mainly for the mythic people, who are greedy, somewhat selfish, corrupted, etc. Ethics, morals, and integrity has no value in these situations when there's a big prize for the winners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Then again, this tourney is mainly for the mythic people, who are greedy, somewhat selfish, corrupted, etc. Ethics, morals, and integrity has no value in these situations when there's a big prize for the winners.
    And they can either follow the rules or be disqualified from any future tournaments, which would mean that they would forever lose their chance at gaining exclusive PvP items. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be that dumb.

P.S: Not all mythic players are greedy. However, those that are known for causing drama will be kept a close eye on.

I've already made a strict rule for no drama, which I will be enforcing regardless if they are my friend or not. If there is drama, PM me, Taejo, or Delphina and we will try to sort it out. Any evidence should also be given to us and NOT posted in the thread.
    Last edited by Zeus; 10-17-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Live and work at Singapore with wife. But literally born in the Philippines
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Nice upcoming event appollo... flaw i can see is the timezone...and the duration of the tournament...finding a team with same timezone and the availbality of all players in one team is very hard..how much more if u finalized a big bracket like 16 or32 teams....even eight teams would be hard...but with great effort and cooperation..can do this..
    >like last time, the two vs two tourney hosted by delphina, due to long hours of waiting,almost three hours,some in different timezones with unexpected reasons,family affairs and tiredness might fall asleep thus ends up disqualified(im one of it that was dq..lols)
    > keeping the long waiting waiting hours of three or four members in one team might end up all disqualified if unexpected reasons turn in..but anyways...just dont participate if someone presumed of this unexpected reason..but how would we know if its unexpected..
    >anyways goodluck and its good for the community..
    PL= Trumkae-Enchantress / SL= Kharmel-Commando / Karmhel-Operative / DL=Kharmel / Ghostrike / Bloodyheaven

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kharmel View Post
    Nice upcoming event appollo... flaw i can see is the timezone...and the duration of the tournament...finding a team with same timezone and the availbality of all players in one team is very hard..how much more if u finalized a big bracket like 16 or32 teams....even eight teams would be hard...but with great effort and cooperation..can do this..
    >like last time, the two vs two tourney hosted by delphina, due to long hours of waiting,almost three hours,some in different timezones with unexpected reasons,family affairs and tiredness might fall asleep thus ends up disqualified(im one of it that was dq..lols)
    > keeping the long waiting waiting hours of three or four members in one team might end up all disqualified if unexpected reasons turn in..but anyways...just dont participate if someone presumed of this unexpected reason..but how would we know if its unexpected..
    >anyways goodluck and its good for the community..
    Which is why I said it was wise to pick players in the same time-zone as you as well as perhaps find an additional way to contact outside of game, like Kik. Also, agreeing on a time to meet up with your teammates is the way to go. If the other team doesn't show up, your team advances.

If both teams show up with missing players, they play with that amount of players.

Also, that's why you are allowed one sub to help with the timezone difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I would be interested in participating depending on time span

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

C.U. Will be watching for further information
    Avy
    12-2012

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedofsound View Post
    I would be interested in participating depending on time span
    The tournament should most likely last 2 weeks at most. I am thinking a 6 team bracket will be plenty.