Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: BC the end?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default BC the end?

Does Battle Command mark the end of the Legends' titles' gameplay? (The 3d mmorpg style gameplay.) Will all we see in the future be clones of BD rather than PL? Post what you think below.

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

4 _L games
    4 B_ games

^My thoughts.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DocDoBig For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

^Great. Ive been waiting for a new MMO from STG so I can start reserving names, lol. I have quite a few lined up. Anyway, I hooe they bring back MMOs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post
    4 _L games
    4 B_ games

^My thoughts.
    You didn't answer my question. The question was whether or not they would release another mmorpg modeled like PL or not. It seems you feel they will release two more games modeled after Battle Dragons, but then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    ^Great. Ive been waiting for a new MMO from STG so I can start reserving names, lol. I have quite a few lined up. Anyway, I hooe they bring back MMOs.
    But do you think they will? That was the question.

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    You didn't answer my question. The question was whether or not they would release another mmorpg modeled like PL or not. It seems you feel they will release two more games modeled after Battle Dragons, but then what?
    Sorry I was on mobile, prolly didn't read everything.

Yes I meant they had 4 _L mmorpg games and now they are going to make 4 B_ rts games, they are half way!
    Ofc this and my previous post are just rough guesses from me.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

We moved this to the off topic section, since it was general discussion about Spacetime and not specific to any one game.

In the past, we've only been forthcoming about our future plans when something is pretty concrete or well in progress. The last thing we want to do is over-promise vaporware and then never deliver. So, with that in mind, we don't have any specific announcement about another game beyond Battle Command!

But, it is safe to say that we will build another game after Battle Command! I know there are some people who feel that we should spend more time on our existing games. Maybe that is true. We are certainly trying to do right by them all as best as we can and run our business as well as we can. Honestly, if the team had only ever worked on Pocket Legends, the company might not be here now. I realize that a Star Legends (or any other game) fan might not really care about that (they just want new stuff for their game), but it is worth saying.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We moved this to the off topic section, since it was general discussion about Spacetime and not specific to any one game.

In the past, we've only been forthcoming about our future plans when something is pretty concrete or well in progress. The last thing we want to do is over-promise vaporware and then never deliver. So, with that in mind, we don't have any specific announcement about another game beyond Battle Command!

But, it is safe to say that we will build another game after Battle Command! I know there are some people who feel that we should spend more time on our existing games. Maybe that is true. We are certainly trying to do right by them all as best as we can and run our business as well as we can. Honestly, if the team had only ever worked on Pocket Legends, the company might not be here now. I realize that a Star Legends (or any other game) fan might not really care about that (they just want new stuff for their game), but it is worth saying.
    I really appreciate the response, Samhayne! And I'm dead serious. I particularly like the sentence I have emboldened. That is something that I think more people would like to hear. However, many would disagree with it. Certainly they are not STS employees, but many are educated gamers and some that I know have developed other fairly successful mmo's before. Also, please don't count everyone as one of those fans you described. There are plenty of us who would prefer the developers work on their current games instead of constantly releasing new ones for a wealth of reasons...Thanks again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

They will keep going till they have a 1:1 game:developer ratio

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tHelonestud For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    They will keep going till they have a 1:1 game:developer ratio
    Lol..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I appreciate your candor in the matter. In the past, other game studios have over-promised and under-delivered, often releasing alpha-quality software.

Like Micah, I am interested in a clarification on this bolded part here. I think that at some point, releasing games over and over again (especially in the case of SL, DL, and AL, which really were variations of the same underlying engine) though will start to have diminishing and even negative returns.

In particular, we'd like to see a broad (non-binding and subject to change) roadmap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Stop developing games...

I don't think you'll be able to keep up with updating all of them, which is why games like PL and SL are abandoned and not fun at all.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kixxler For This Useful Post: