Thread: 21 Mage Help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default 21 Mage Help?

Hey everyone! I need mage help for 21 since I find myself way too poor for 26+ pvp.

I'd like to know gear, what it will cost, skill distribution, and attribute distribution please.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Devourer fatality gear = 30-50k each piece. Warlock Barbute is good if you feel squishy and it costs about the same.

You absolutely need a gun for pvp. Sunless/darkened/murky are the best. Generally around 70-100k.

Infused Assault pendant will be about 40k-60k.

For the ring... just grab something with majority int and minority str.

There are several established builds (curse/shield/fire/heal is good fun and fire/freeze/clock/heal is great against warrs), but the most versatile and easiest to master is Fireball/lighting/shield/heal.

Go 5/5 fireball, 4/5 lightning (you really don't need explode on death), 4/5 shield (you don't really need knockback but it can be usefull), and 3/5 heal (you don't need the range or the mana regen over time).

Put the extra points in str or int passives. Your choice, but try to shore up whatever you're lacking.

For attributes I'd go full int. But again, just try and balance yourself out. At 21, I'd say you'd want to aim for like around 1700-1900 health and 150-170 damage.

You also should use either malison or ribbit as a pet (I'm just going to assume you're too poor for the mythic pets). If you have the plat, buy Clyde (or slag when he becomes available). He hits like a truck, slows all the time, and does arcane panic... which is like... the best pvp skill ever.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenvy For This Useful Post: