Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call a Neighbor (elite)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Lightbulb Call a Neighbor (elite)

I noticed that many of the threads I post on here are regarding elite. I think it will save many people time by just making a single unified thread on running elite (builds, where to run, pets, skill combos, etc).

Simply post your question here and we will answer it (Anyone can offer answers, I only made the thread to put everything in one place).

Ideally (after a few months) any questions regarding elite can be answered simply by reading this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Assuming people will actually read through the 17 pages worth of flames, trolls, and actual useful information then yes

Question:
    What's a solid Tank Build for Elite Shuyal, I've got a few tanks to help out

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Juggernaut vs VB in Elite maps (non-shuyal)

Which is better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

The difference from level 35 to level 36 Architect of Will gear, is it worth the huge premium?

This seems like how Noble and Champion at level 30 and 31 were.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    The difference from level 35 to level 36 Architect of Will gear, is it worth the huge premium?

This seems like how Noble and Champion at level 30 and 31 were.
    Very Nice summary here of the newer gears and if they are worth the price to you.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...vel-36-warrior

TL;DR - 48 extra points of Armor from 35->36 and other tiny buffs.

edit - forgot the link
    Last edited by Hectororius; 10-23-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post

Which is better?
    If you are in legendary gear I would say juggernaut.

If your armor stat is 1800+ you only NEED juggernaut in shuyal maps. However it is highly suggested you still use juggernaut.

FYI: I use both vb and jugg in my elite tanking build. Heal, vb, jugg, and wm is the exact skill map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

As a general rule, tanks shouldn't move around much (or at all) when you got mobs grouped up right? And just spam those pots hard instead.

I find it hard to pull off though in Elite Shuyal maps, especially around those dogs. I can "turbo-finger"(yes I'm coining that term) all I want, with Juggernaut present and still die. Given that I also have 1k-2k ping to consider, I still feel like the old rules don't seem to apply in Shuyal. Any tips, clarifications or suggestions?
    I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to parnasofication For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by parnasofication View Post
    As a general rule, tanks shouldn't move around much (or at all) when you got mobs grouped up right? And just spam those pots hard instead.

I find it hard to pull off though in Elite Shuyal maps, especially around those dogs. I can "turbo-finger"(yes I'm coining that term) all I want, with Juggernaut present and still die. Given that I also have 1k-2k ping to consider, I still feel like the old rules don't seem to apply in Shuyal. Any tips, clarifications or suggestions?
    If you are using as much armor ad you can and juggernaut, yet still dying. I would suggest the following options:

1) use vixen to run these more difficult maps. Vixen's arcane ability is a very powerful push back that will break stun lock as well as give you a chance to regain health (Vixen also reduces the armor of everyone hit by -10%).

You'd should note that if you choose to run with vixen (this is how I did these naps before I maxed my gear) you will run much slower than usual. However, you will still run faster than if you die every pull (unless you plat revive).

2) try running with multiple warriors (no more than two). Once again you will run the map slower, but the extra heal keeps you (and the rest of the party) alive.

3) buy elixirs if you are a plat player. Many people forget the power of the elixirs. +25% defense is A LOT.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Juggernaut > Venge in any situation, pvp and pve, it will not fail you. The fact that it is like a auto potter, whenever your hp drops below 20% it reheals 500 hp or something. In PvP many warriors don't use it and i, a legendary gear warrior, tend to survive longer than fully mythic warriors. Venge is becoming useless with its small percentage hp increase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cremated View Post
    Juggernaut > Venge in any situation, pvp and pve, it will not fail you. The fact that it is like a auto potter, whenever your hp drops below 20% it reheals 500 hp or something. In PvP many warriors don't use it and i, a legendary gear warrior, tend to survive longer than fully mythic warriors. Venge is becoming useless with its small percentage hp increase.
    You do realize vengeful blood adds +50 strength, +25% damage, +25% crit, and returns mana when you take damage? A warrior who doesn't use vb in PvP will land few to no kills, run out of mana extremely fast (w/o pet or mage assistance), and never win a 1v1 fight.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

My build is skyward smash vb jug hor.. I devoted to full tank.

I will last longer than full mythics in clash fight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cremated View Post
    My build is skyward smash vb jug hor.. I devoted to full tank.

I will last longer than full mythics in clash fight
    If you use vengeful blood and juggernaut why are you arguing -_-

They are both good skills, case closed. However, I would say windmill is better than skyward smash for tanking elite (more taunt).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I'm not arguing.. I just prefer jug to vb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey crows, i must say you have helped me a lot reading other posts you have made or commented on, thanks for that. I have yet to tank the harder elites, mainly shuyal and i keep on being told that i'm going to have to at least use chest splitter at boss for enfeeble or i will die. I wanted to know if i should respec for it or not? I don't plan on doing shuyal elite until i have the 1800 armor threshold as you said. Also have a question for passives. Should 5 points be put into the armor passive or elsewhere? My gear is full legendary btw. Thanks for help mate!
    Last edited by Swoozay; 11-11-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swoozay View Post
    Hey crows, i must say you have helped me a lot reading other posts you have made or commented on, thanks for that. I have yet to tank the harder elites, mainly shuyal and i keep on being told that i'm going to have to at least use chest splitter at boss for enfeeble or i will die. I wanted to know if i should respec for it or not? I don't plan on doing shuyal elite until i have the 1800 armor threshold as you said. Also have a question for passives. Should 5 points be put into the armor passive or elsewhere? My gear is full legendary btw. Thanks for help mate!
    1) You misunderstood my threshold. I was saying that for nordor and kraken isle maps you won't need juggernaut if you have 1800+ armor.
    *my general number is 1600ish armor to run elite. Even 1500 is okay (but I'd suggest 1600). With 1600 armor my friend can run elite shuyal effectively with the aid of juggernaut.

2) my passive is 5/5 str, armor, and damage. That +5% of 1600 armor is an extra 80 armor (quite a bit).

3) for judging the difficulty of maps reference the below "chart."

---

Easiest maps- elite brackenridge forest (boss drops kettle eggs), kraken mines level 3 (three bosses, who can drop locked crates)

Casual Maps- elite rooks nest (boss drops malison eggs), and elite lost mages mine (boss drops wrathjaw and snaggletooth eggs).

Medium maps​- elite oltgar keep (boss drops entombed hammers), elite forest breach (this boss drops architect pylons)
    *Why the above maps are difficult:
    -oltagr keep has ice trap and mobs that freeze/stun everywhere. You will be stunned often especially in the boss fight against fostir, who has a large area stun attack that deals high damage.
    -forest breach has heavy stun and damage dealing mobs. The boss is relatively easy if you spam pots (he summons purple too that deals DoT).

Hard Maps- elite undim fields(boss drops architect quills), elite forest of shades (boss drops architect blades), elite ashral tower (boss drops architect armors)
    *Why the above maps are difficult:
    -undim fields requires you to kill the boss (Captain Krom)near statues the remove his shield, statues can expode and force you to run to another. When you run out of statues it's game over.
    -forest of shades has a boss (Overgrow) who summons mages periodically, if these mages are not killed fast enough the boss will heal. This boss can, in theory, fight forever.
    -elite ashral tower has a boss (Inan'hesh) who has an enrage count down. After 7 minutes of battle his damage will dramatically spike one hitting almost everyone. He also summons mages that heal him over time.
    -the mobs in the above maps have armor reduction, damage reduction, and stun procs.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Really appreciate the time taken for a detailed response crows! The other question was regarding chest splitter for the feeble effect. Would you say that is something that is a definite thing to spec into for bosses or not something that is mandatory?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swoozay View Post
    Really appreciate the time taken for a detailed response crows! The other question was regarding chest splitter for the feeble effect. Would you say that is something that is a definite thing to spec into for bosses or not something that is mandatory?
    Chest splitter is a gray zone. The short answer is you don't NEED it (I don't use chest splitter) but many will strongly advise it.

My reasoning behind not using chest splitter is I hold aggro and rarely die. A combination of windmill for taunting and skyward smash to keep me in mele range holds better aggro. I usually don't get one hit so feeble isn't one of my concerns. The retort is my party will be one hit, but I counter that if I hold high enough aggro I should be taking well over half of all damage.

However, I know several pro tanks that swear on their lives you need chest splitter for feeble. So, do what you like. I tested 20+ builds during the free respec event before finalizing my 5 skill spec. Everyone is different.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Crow is one of the best warriors by my hearing and would love to meet you in game :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Ign Crowsfoot. Currently a member of Chivalrous Union
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 11-22-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post

Which is better?
    I would say if u wanna be pure tank remove every skill which dont taunt enemy. So JUGGERNUT.