Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charged attack on arcane staff is ridiculously slow & low damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Default Charged attack on arcane staff is ridiculously slow & low damage

The charged attack on the arcane staff is ridiculously slow. I don't think I have ever used a weapon or skill which requires this long of a charge. Is this right? Also based on my testing the damage on the charged attack gives less damage then a non-charged attack. I don't really see the point in even charging the staff because its so slow and does less damage then a normal attack. Also from what I recall the Shadowflare was suppose to be like a charged fireball. However the damage compared to a charged fireball is 50% less. If the charged attack is suppose to be like a charged fireball, it should have the similar charge time and damage. I think its better to code features that people actually use then ones which go unused. You could save yourself development & QA time better used to fix other issues. I don't think I've ever seen any mage use the charged attack in PvE or PvP. Not sure what the purpose of having an extremely slow attack that produces less damage.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Mages dmg is already insanely high FB is 50% down on rouges, not to talk about crit, plus when mages can already hold rouges in stunlock long enough to kill them i consider it unfair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Mages dmg is already insanely high FB is 50% down on rouges, not to talk about crit, plus when mages can already hold rouges in stunlock long enough to kill them i consider it unfair.
    What you say is impossible. Skill damage for me is 582-728. This doesn't even consider the damage reduction of your armor. Yeah its higher at critical but still doesn't even reach 50% of rogue HP if you consider critical damage. Thanks for playing.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Tried charging the Kershel staff for an attack a couple of times and counted the time it takes 5-6 sec to charge it and not including "lag" which is not very useful. Charge skill when cast the spell is at lower damage than FB , the charge spell is not really useful nor does it stun.... unlike maul it does a stun to multiple mobs or in PVP.

I would think charge skill should give mage some protection (+armor or +health regen rather than just reduce crit on chance) and that will be a good bonus for Kershel since mage is always squishy in pve and pvp. I hope STS will review the charge skill on Kershel make the cooldown lower with more protection to caster.
    Last edited by will0; 10-31-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    The charged attack on the arcane staff is ridiculously slow. I don't think I have ever used a weapon or skill which requires this long of a charge. Is this right? Also based on my testing the damage on the charged attack gives less damage then a non-charged attack. I don't really see the point in even charging the staff because its so slow and does less damage then a normal attack. Also from what I recall the Shadowflare was suppose to be like a charged fireball. However the damage compared to a charged fireball is 50% less. If the charged attack is suppose to be like a charged fireball, it should have the similar charge time and damage. I think its better to code features that people actually use then ones which go unused. You could save yourself development & QA time better used to fix other issues. I don't think I've ever seen any mage use the charged attack in PvE or PvP. Not sure what the purpose of having an extremely slow attack that produces less damage.
    You have been mugged with Hi-Fi words bro xD
    Lol jk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    You have been mugged with Hi-Fi words bro xD
    Lol jk
    I have no idea what this means. But I reserve the right to use this in a meme at a later date.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    What you say is impossible. Skill damage for me is 582-728. This doesn't even consider the damage reduction of your armor. Yeah its higher at critical but still doesn't even reach 50% of rogue HP if you consider critical damage. Thanks for playing.
    Its not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Agree, it is very slow, im confused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    50% of our HP without crit? You mean lightning not Fireball right?
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    50% of our HP without crit? You mean lightning not Fireball right?
    Yea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

insane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow. Thanks for the feedback on the weapon. I was saving up for one. Based on what you said I think I'll stay with the mythic staff since I only really pvp more than anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I used one for a couple hours, I was pretty disappointed for the same reasons u listed

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to phillyr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

yes phil the attack is slow and the charge skill + mana regen is not useful for mage.

(+armor or +health regen) will be better since mage armor is low and health is squishy.

Compare to Arcane maul the at least still process stun effect more often and reduce armor 50% without charging the maul.
    Last edited by will0; 11-27-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Can a dev respond to this thread, will this bug ever been fixed? We past three months in this season already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

For every class dev should make clear dps rotation with stacking cooldowns. For charge attack I always wonder how its vary with random gear & class+spec combination.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

STS please respond to our woes on Kershal weapon it is just a weapon for looks not much of an arcane compared to Maul...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to will0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    STS please respond to our woes on Kershal weapon it is just a weapon for looks not much of an arcane compared to Maul...
    Do no try to compare with a maul, a mage with arcane staff is a cute dwarf with big lollipop. I remember last season when maul introduced, Vaffy or someone else joined in the opponent team, the people im my side suddenly disappeared.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Do no try to compare with a maul, a mage with arcane staff is a cute dwarf with big lollipop. I remember last season when maul introduced, Vaffy or someone else joined in the opponent team, the people im my side suddenly disappeared.
    I think an arcane weapon should be feared in pvp whenever seen by the opposing team, I see maul, I know I'm dead, even the lvl 26 hooks are scary, mage with an arcane staff....just another smurf with a lil more pep in his step. I can't beat them 1v1 cause I'm the same class with less power, but everybody knows this thing is just a boost to skill power and does junk for proc unlike the others, even the mythic daggers have a better proc than this staff does...it's almost not worth using auto attack. it should be compared to the maul beings its 5 levels higher than the maul

25. The Following User Says Thank You to phillyr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post
    I think an arcane weapon should be feared in pvp whenever seen by the opposing team, I see maul, I know I'm dead, even the lvl 26 hooks are scary, mage with an arcane staff....just another smurf with a lil more pep in his step. I can't beat them 1v1 cause I'm the same class with less power, but everybody knows this thing is just a boost to skill power and does junk for proc unlike the others, even the mythic daggers have a better proc than this staff does...it's almost not worth using auto attack. it should be compared to the maul beings its 5 levels higher than the maul

agreed totally a level 36 Arcane weapon vs Level 31 maul ..... if smurf can use a maul i will drop staff anytime

27. The Following User Says Thank You to will0 For This Useful Post: