Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charged attack on arcane staff is ridiculously slow & low damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    agreed totally a level 36 Arcane weapon vs Level 31 maul ..... if smurf can use a maul i will drop staff anytime
    LOL

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post
    I think an arcane weapon should be feared in pvp whenever seen by the opposing team, I see maul, I know I'm dead, even the lvl 26 hooks are scary, mage with an arcane staff....just another smurf with a lil more pep in his step. I can't beat them 1v1 cause I'm the same class with less power, but everybody knows this thing is just a boost to skill power and does junk for proc unlike the others, even the mythic daggers have a better proc than this staff does...it's almost not worth using auto attack. it should be compared to the maul beings its 5 levels higher than the maul

Yes, and people started complaining how op is that and a dev explained: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1065436
    Now no answer for months..

"Must make one drool over the prospect of an arcane weapon for mages in the next expansion no? " Haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Its pretty sad there has been no response or even an acknowledgement about this problem. I'm looking forward to next season's weapon (if there is a next season), since it appears nothing will be done. I plan to sell arcane staff when next season's mythic comes out the stats should be close and hopefully the proc is better. No reason to hang on to this IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Comeon devs, buff this weapon.

No1 pve, but in pvp can compare with a mythic staff. Pros: high damage, decent hp. Cons: mythic got reduce armor proc and can charge regular attack for stun.

It must be improve in next season anyway, same as hooks was buffed, so better sooner than later.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 4-el

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Still no response...

Increase the damage of the charged attack, and give back stun that charged attacks normally have on them. It also needs the originally stated 2 second time to charge, not this 5-6 seconds that it's really taking to charge.

I'm thinking that the charged attack is based off weapon damage, where fireball is based off overall damage. This would explain why they stated it was slightly lower than fireball, when in reality it is no where close to fireball damage.

You could just change it, I wouldn't mind seeing something like a +20% armor/+10 hp regen charge bonus (and with that, you can keep the long charge time, because it would actually be worth it).

Remove the mana regen proc and replace it with something else. Either a straight mana heal (if that's what you want, for it to heal mana) or even a health regen. Personally I would prefer the proc from the mythic weapon (or something like it). A short term increase in damage or crit would be great. The stat increase part is fine, but the mana regen is useless. I have a ton of mana, and the couple seconds of extra regen are not noticible or helpful at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

The Charge attack does nothing for us mainly use this wand for our skill damage...... non charge attack is only base on the process damage which is good like mythic wand process but little more int damage, that's all the difference i can make of using this arcane staff..

Often in pvp i can get killed by mythic staff mage when their staff process cause they know arcane staff mage are mostly to easy kill unlike arcane maul warrior everyone runs away from it cause they get AOE stuns very often with very high damage when they wield it.

Don't think the DEV will bother much on this topic since it has been hanging for a while, and only a handful of mage are using this........
    Last edited by will0; 12-28-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I'm pretty sure they've read the post but don't know what to say to appease the mages lol something that was looked forward to for so long ends up falling short of everybody's expectations...honestly I think the l36 mythic weapons were a mistake. They've set a line on the power u get from top mythic items and arcane should be above that. Hooks-rogues would rather have daggers. Maul- I know many tanks that are perfectly happy with glaive...some that have sold maul and bought a glaive to earn profit and have a comparable weapon(some say maul is better, some say glaive) her'shal- for the 30-50mil price difference for a comparative weapon with better procs I'll take the orbital pls. Time will tell if devs feel the same about the kershal as the rest of us

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phillyr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Feels that for mage, chance to proc buffs should be when we are casting spells and not when doing a normal attack. This is especially so when we are using a staff instead of a gun. Rarely would I do normal attack with a staff if not for the buff procs.

And while the Devs are tweaking the Regrowth and Recharge Mana under the Lifegiver spell, please remember to change the +10 regen mana proc for this staff too.

Fact that the normal attack/shadowflare of this staff does not auto-aim also bug me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Im pretty sure now that the mana regen was intended as a joke, i had mana problems last time back in season 2 long pvp fights. Even legendary weapons got more useful proc, few example: 50%-100% crit, extra damage, stun, reduce armor...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

If new mythic weapon is release next suppose a "gun", would go for it and sell Kershal as nothing OP about this scepter.

Arcane staff mages have to rely solely on our skills and also only good when it process additional INT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

If new mythic weapon is release next suppose a "gun", would go for it and sell Kershal as nothing OP about this scepter.

Arcane staff mages have to rely solely on our skills and also only good when it process additional INT.
    I died several times with proc. Its hard to imagine on a rogue with shield or on a mauler warrior during proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    I died several times with proc. Its hard to imagine on a rogue with shield or on a mauler warrior during proc.
    Do agree with you i died too many times. The arcane effect of arcane circle and flashy round purple lights which doesn't do anything it is more for the vanity look.
    Last edited by will0; 01-09-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Besides the charged attack being useless, the problem with the proc is that +60 INT keeps getting worse percentage wise. So what is like +8% damage now will be probably +6 or +7% damage increase in the future. So next level cap +60 INT is not going to be looking as good when you factor in increased INT from 5 new levels, new equipment and now crafting/upgrades. Basically the arcane staff has a souped up proc (+60 INT & +10 mana regen) similar to the pylon (+20 INT & refill 50% mana). If there is a next season and there is a mythic gun, I will definitely sell my arcane staff because when I compare this against mythic daggers, mythic glaive & arcane maul its not even close to being arcane.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Being underpowered is pretty boring, unable to kill warriors one shot killed by rogues, many of us quit or switched class. I also prefer the pre-curse era, when i actually killed people, not only watched them as they kill themselves. We had a bright shine with the runic gun last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

May I suggest Dev tweak the Arcane Staff to make that floating purple thing useful, e.g. ticks to regen mana/life (similar to samuel) OR cause damage and chance to stun enemies when they get too close? It's too beautiful to just float around and yet do nothing.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rean For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Non charged attack:

Charged attack (charging takes around 2.5-3 sec)

Can some explain it please what we see here?
    Last edited by Haligali; 01-14-2014 at 04:44 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

if the charges for mage will go faster, then the stunlock will be unfair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Unfair? Stated when the staff was release charge time is 1.8 sec ... not 3 sec with lag even more?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6507956&type=3

"Charged Attack will 100% of the time cast a new Shadowflare spell. This is a shadow fireball with a chance to reduce enemy crit chance, and/or snare movement by 30%. It is an AoE spell with the area being equivalent to a charged fireball. This costs 0 mana, but does a little bit less damage than charged fireball. Charging takes 1.8 seconds."
    Last edited by will0; 01-14-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Belive or not, this weapon does not stun with charged attack. Did you ever met with an arcane staff user in game?
    Last edited by Haligali; 01-15-2014 at 05:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

The next expansion has been announced so I don't expect anything to be done. This was the season for arcane staff. Time to move on.