23 Posts

This is a very serious issue,devs plz it needs attention

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nagin View Post
    This is a very serious issue,devs plz it needs attention
    They replied and are looking into "arcane" whim issues not not "arcane" staff issues doubt STS are doing anything to it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post
    I think an arcane weapon should be feared in pvp whenever seen by the opposing team, I see maul, I know I'm dead, even the lvl 26 hooks are scary, mage with an arcane staff....just another smurf with a lil more pep in his step. I can't beat them 1v1 cause I'm the same class with less power, but everybody knows this thing is just a boost to skill power and does junk for proc unlike the others, even the mythic daggers have a better proc than this staff does...it's almost not worth using auto attack. it should be compared to the maul beings its 5 levels higher than the maul

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Its not the weapon really the makes warrior crazy.. maul without proc is comparable to entombed warfare lvl 35
    i JUGG is your enemy.. because of its 8 seconds immortality.. then we have HOR with 2 seconds invulnerability .. and our over 6k health in pvp that turns into over 7k with jugg + venge and even more when proc
    our damage has always been ..Sht , but hey all those good things benefits you in a team vs team fight
    wait jugg out.. if the guy doesnt have jugg it should be easier, just fail heal them with stun
    Last edited by inkredible; 01-17-2014 at 12:40 AM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    Its not the weapon really the makes warrior crazy.. maul without proc is comparable to entombed warfare lvl 35
    i JUGG is your enemy.. because of its 8 seconds immortality.. then we have HOR with 2 seconds invulnerability .. and our over 6k health in pvp that turns into over 7k with jugg + venge and even more when proc
    our damage has always been ..Sht , but hey all those good things benefits you in a team vs team fight
    wait jugg out.. if the guy doesnt have jugg it should be easier, just fail heal them with stun
    Yes. .. and the massive stuns the weapon produces make the weapon extremely useful in 1v1 1v2 2v2 3v3 5v5 all aspects of pve the list of pros on maul far exceed the list of cons. What exactly does this "arcane" staff add to the party? Added aoe dmg...as was pointed out earlier, procs almost the same as a legendary staff. With stun immunity for 7 secs if we r lucky enough to get that stun the exact time u use hor, we could cancel ONE heal lol. But chances of me even landing a fb or using shield or using heal are minimal when fighting a maul warrior. I usually lose when fighting an arcane mage but I actually get to fight in that battle not get stunned to death. My point, maul is awesome in all aspects of the game, rogue daggers op in any situation theyre an awesome weapon with awesome procs, mage arcane staff...boosted spell damage...sounds kinda lame doesnt it?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to phillyr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

nothing from sts ............
    not even "arcane staff works exactly what we want it to, nothing will change"

I am very disappoint. it shows sts just careless about arcane staff owner.....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to puresai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I'd rather have issues affecting the rest 95% of the game solved. Contain your misplaced disappointment, please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Just to summarize the procs of arcane weapons under normal attack,

Arcane Hooks - Normal attack with chance to -20% movement speed, -15% armor, bleed effect, chance to spread.
    Arcane Maul - Normal attack with chance to AoE stun, -50% armor, +60 strength.
    Arcane Scepter - Normal attack with chance to +10 mana regen, +60 intelligence.

And knowing how broken the +mana regen is currently (and we don't even have mana issues to begin with), it's effectively only proccing +60 intelligence.

I do not even want to mention the "Shadowflare" which is used for suicidal purposes. Dev should remove it totally and give us back our normal charged attack which deals more damage and stuns.
    Last edited by Rean; 01-21-2014 at 02:50 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rean For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Iv been reading a few threads like these .I really wish Sts would just say something on the matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    I'd rather have issues affecting the rest 95% of the game solved. Contain your misplaced disappointment, please.
    Haha, since this is the most expensive item atm, this issue affects 100% of al population. Do not tell me that you dont ever want to loot a 50m worth item, people spending plats and farming high valuable elite golden puzzlebox chest, due to this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Hal, how many people do you think possess that arcane staff? 10? 20? Even 30 is overly stretched. 90% of AL players barely know what an arcane item is. Evidently, sorc's the least played class of the three. In the thousands of players, even 5% is too much.

The fact that 80% of community's decent posters belong to the rich minority doesn't give you the right to respond so ignorantly when someone's questioning the importance of matters that affect so few.

So yeah, this does affect this slight percent and by no means should be first in the issues-to-fix queue on any dev list. And no, I'm not going to put aside the issues on the gear I'm using or more important ones like class balance needs and focus on something I'll realistically never get my hands on.

"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche", eh? Some people..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Hal, how many people do you think possess that arcane staff? 10? 20? Even 30 is overly stretched. 90% of AL players barely know what an arcane item is. Evidently, sorc's the least played class of the three. In the thousands of players, even 5% is too much.

The fact that 80% of community's decent posters belong to the rich minority doesn't give you the right to respond so ignorantly when someone's questioning the importance of matters that affect so few.

So yeah, this does affect this slight percent and by no means should be first in the issues-to-fix queue on any dev list. And no, I'm not going to put aside the issues on the gear I'm using or more important ones like class balance needs and focus on something I'll realistically never get my hands on.

"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche", eh? Some people..
    There are 10 in my guild only and i can name another 20 from other guilds. Have you ever farmed shuyal gladiator arena? What is the best loot there? Why is that box so expensive?(it does not include arcane eggs or other weapons, only the kershal). And it is still the best loot from a locked crate, it helps to keep the price up on these chests what the majority farms, idk why dont you see that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

It's obvious they don't care about fixing the staff... No comment on this, but they've already made changes to whim arcane ability... my point is if they have time to fix a discontinued pet but not an arcane weapon it probably won't get fixed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

This was posted months ago and the whim problem was posted a few days ago, it disgusts me how a dev hasn't replied to this. They obviously have seen this thread! Sts need to fix this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If anyone is willing to spend the time with me, I'm willing to post a detailed video addressing the problems of the staff and create a new thread that hopefully may generate some admin interest.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

@Zeus
    I respect the work you put on stuff like this and by no means you're at fault. It's just a fact that they take up a considerable ammount of attention while more important matters don't. The kind of comments I find laughable to annoying are obvious, anyway.
    Last edited by Delphina; 01-21-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Let the devs decide what is important or not. We don't need people who don't own arcane staffs commenting on this thread. I filed the original bug and the staff doesn't operate as initially stated. I work for a software development company and I see many bugs that only effect one person but we have an install base of millions of users. It doesn't make any less important, it comes down to how you triage the bug. What I don't understand is I originally posted this 3 months ago without any comment. And they could have included it in any of the updates. They changed whim relatively fast. And this was hardly a bug. More like a design issue then a bug IMO. So if you don't own an arcane staff please don't comment on this thread, I don't want this thread to be locked or deleted. Thank you.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    If anyone is willing to spend the time with me, I'm willing to post a detailed video addressing the problems of the staff and create a new thread that hopefully may generate some admin interest.
    Thanks Zeus for your support, it is really nice from you, if you want a little video testing im in, just catch me online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

@Zeus
    I respect the work you put on stuff like this and by no means you're at fault. It's just a fact that they take up a considerable ammount of attention while more important matters don't. The kind of comments I find laughable to annoying are obvious, anyway.

Since I am a mage, I may request fixes on issues form a mage's point of view.
    I don't want wars and rouges start to say my issues are not important because there are less mage players in AL. (my guess)

My point is that everyone thinks their issues are important but it doesn't mean others are less important.
    Again, if you do not care about this issue, please don't comment (that's what I do)
    I didn't even click this thread until I got arcane staff 3 days ago.

with all due respect, I don't wean to insult anyone, just saying out my opinion
    Thank you

To Zeus: Thank you very much for the help, I am in when you are available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Let the devs decide what is important or not. We don't need people who don't own arcane staffs commenting on this thread. I filed the original bug and the staff doesn't operate as initially stated. I work for a software development company and I see many bugs that only effect one person but we have an install base of millions of users. It doesn't make any less important, it comes down to how you triage the bug. What I don't understand is I originally posted this 3 months ago without any comment. And they could have included it in any of the updates. They changed whim relatively fast. And this was hardly a bug. More like a design issue then a bug IMO. So if you don't own an arcane staff please don't comment on this thread, I don't want this thread to be locked or deleted. Thank you.
    The devs decide on what needs fixing from feedback. Feedback comes mainly from forums. The problem I see is that the only complains that seem to be taken into consideration are the ones about things as small as a design issue on a pet used by an elite minority.

-I understand that one of the reasons that complaints on such elaborate issues are being answered is the fact they are obviously better written and supported by explanatory comments and even video material than other reports perceiving the rest of the game.

-It's also common sense that they'll want to keep their best customers happy. Not very fair though; a bit more attention could be given to other arising matters with at least one decent response from a developper on each.

-While I agree with your logic, these types of bugs/issues are item specific. That's the reason they can easily be tweaked without affecting anything else. The importance of an isolated bug comes down to how many people it affects. And no one wants to see those discouraging figures again, right?

I believe this has no reason to result in this topic getting locked. I don't even see its importance anymore in the first place; the bug/design issue has been noticed by the devs anyway. I'm not taking away anyone's right to complain, I'm merely stating it's become a nuisance when it's repetitive and focused at this extent.

Required explanations have been given and points have been made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Zeus let's make a video! I'm so down =D