Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proper way to farm Jarl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Default Proper way to farm Jarl

Hello newbies!

You would think there is nothing easier than to farm Jarl. Indeed, as long as others play nice, you have it fast and simple. However, *some* people have to clean up the mess you leave behind.
    So PLEASE! The first one to enter the map, kill as many mobs as you can, in particular the 3 at the crossing to Wiznit. Others, clear the mage behind Jarl before leaving the map! If you start with them, it also gives others time to reach Jarl. You would appreciate if they waited for you, right? Everyone wins.
    Thank you in advance.

And yes, I am frustrated because I got my reroll together with some clueless noob, so the map reset like every 3rd visit. Essentially only if I took the effort to clean it.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milan Lame Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

agree !
    i told the same to everyone in my guild !
    i kill all mobs on the way to jarl and the mobs after jarl , on high level it needs only 1-3 seconds more time doing this
    i farmed 186 crates in 19 days .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

He called me noobie
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Agreed, but you should probably get used to it because this topic comes up at least once a week and it has not changed. I don't think the culprits in this case are message board people. If Jarl didn't spawn until enough mobs are killed that the zone is dropped from the random join list, that would help. Or if the death of Jarl removed the instance from the random join list, that would help. But people will continue to do the minimum when farming. From their point of view they are being efficient. They have been rushing zones for years. They won't stop even if you ask nicely. So the choice is, live with it, or make a party, or get the devs to change it. Frankly, I do not want the devs to change anything about Jarl. So be careful what you ask for.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I must disagree. For the sake that I harvest jarl on 5 chars.

1) you don't have to kill all the mobs for the map reset. You have to remove spawns (mobs OR boxes). Destroy the boxes that start the map and right before the turn to guarantee the map resets (fireball and ss work great here).

2) Sorry, I'm not waiting to kill jarl. My reroll is counting down same as yours, so I am running the map as fast as I can.

3) its game. Please don't make rage threads.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I consider myself a newb so this is good info. However I am not sure what the problem is. What happens if you do not kill the mobs as indicated in the original post?

What I normally do is go to map, kill Jarl (normally killing all or most mobs along the way), go to another map and return to map with Jarl. It has always reset in this way (but maybe I am not doing this fast enough so it automatically resets).

Is there another way to do this or what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

see? he's in an mmo... it's not a solo game... but it's all about HIS reroll... this attitude will never change. so learn to cope with it. we all have to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Don't get discouraged too much. At least I will try to kill the mobs and I normally do wait for the others if I am first there. So at least you reached 1 person.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to borix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desperoto View Post
    He called me noobie
    Sorry, I should have started like this: "Hello newbies and Desperoto, this is the proper way to farm Jarl"
    I will keep that in mind next time!

Quote Originally Posted by borix View Post
    However I am not sure what the problem is. What happens if you do not kill the mobs?
    Sometimes you enter the map and it is already farmed. This farmed map does not go away until someone takes the time to clear it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    1) you don't have to kill all the mobs for the map reset. You have to remove spawns (mobs OR boxes). Destroy the boxes that start the map and right before the turn to guarantee the map resets (fireball and ss work great here).
    Good to know. It is kinda hard to figure it out during the rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    2) Sorry, I'm not waiting to kill jarl. My reroll is counting down same as yours.
    If you have to remap 2 times to get a chance at getting there in time, you are losing more time than the 2 secs you would spend waiting. Obviously, if all other people play nice and you don't, you are at an advantage.

Anyway, I've noticed there is a better chance at crate when I wait, so that's what I do, whether it is truth or wishful thinking.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Thank you, borix. The few people left who understand that community is more important than personal gain thank you.

I fail to see how 12K of monopoly money is more important than the good feelings that community brings. I fail to see how screwing others out of a chance for a drop improves one's own toon. But there are short-sighted people out there. They care more about short-term profit than long term stability. Their parents didn't teach them better. Maybe their parents were the same. These people are everywhere in your life. So it's best to develop some way to cope with them, since it's completely legal to be selfish.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Unfortunately, I think there have been many heated discussions about this topic and many rumors and speculations put forth. Per the developers maps do not reset unless the map is entirely cleared (of all mobs and bosses) or after 5 minutes of inactivity... I will have to find the post so I can include the link. Unfortunately, I don't think that destroying certain crates or killing certain mobs after jarl has the magical ability to reset a map. In fact this can be easily tested if you do a solo party and destroy these boxes and/or mobs, leave from, and then return to the map. This brings us to the only guaranteed way to have jarl there every time you enter a map.... a solo party. It really only takes 5 seconds or so to type "/partyl" and then "/partyi 0" between maps to to ensure that you get jarl every time. Stop relying on the unreliable who likely never even read these forums or simply don't care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

There is a difference between party instances and PUG instances. A party instance remains until cleared or empty for 5 minutes. A PUG instance disappears if enough mobs are killed and everyone leaves.

This theory about smashables is interesting. I am testing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

You may be correct, although it is difficult to prove which mob, which box etc is needed to reset a map. Furthermore, you are likely never going to get everyone to follow what you construe as the "proper" way to farm jarl. As a result, in my eyes the "proper" way to farm jarl to eliminate all of these potential problems is to just do it in a solo party!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I agree. As I said in other posts, it's better to learn to cope with it if you insist on farming in PUGs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    If you have to remap 2 times to get a chance at getting there in time, you are losing more time than the 2 secs you would spend waiting. Obviously, if all other people play nice and you don't, you are at an advantage.

Anyway, I've noticed there is a better chance at crate when I wait, so that's what I do, whether it is truth or wishful thinking.
    My record is 27 crates in 30min and 41 in an hour before they nerfed crate drop rates from jarl. 19 crates in 30 min and 29 in an hour is my record for the current drip rate.

Just kill the boss IMO.

PS: don't make up nonsense about waiting gives you better loot. Its pretty obvious you want people to wait on YOU. If you actually wait on others, great, but no one I have ever seen does.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 10-23-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Thank you, borix. The few people left who understand that community is more important than personal gain thank you.

I fail to see how 12K of monopoly money is more important than the good feelings that community brings. I fail to see how screwing others out of a chance for a drop improves one's own toon. But there are short-sighted people out there. They care more about short-term profit than long term stability. Their parents didn't teach them better. Maybe their parents were the same. These people are everywhere in your life. So it's best to develop some way to cope with them, since it's completely legal to be selfish.
    You are just full of hate and hypocracy aren't you? You do realize by compqining about yourself losing out on this "Monopoly money" you are none the better? Didn't YOUR parents teach you "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"? No ofense, but I see no one here more selfish than you. You can't take losing out on monopoly money so you make an entire thread slandering individuals playing the game fairly.

Everyone is getting maps that don't reset. Therefore, quit blaming "newbs" and get the hell over it! "This is just a game as I paraphrased" from your above post. I say "live by thyn word before teaching it to others"
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 10-23-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

there is a very easy solution , and is also my way of farming jarl..........for high level alt, just do "/partyinvite 000" and "/partyleave", i use to copy and paste the first command and type the second, this is more efficient than you join a farmed map or almost farmed map.
    For low level alt, just join a game, kill and run to boss, because low levels cannot kill jarl very fast, u will always be on time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    there is a very easy solution , and is also my way of farming jarl..........for high level alt, just do "/partyinvite 000" and "/partyleave", i use to copy and paste the first command and type the second, this is more efficient than you join a farmed map or almost farmed map.
    Discussion over, lol. Community and etiquette have nothing to do with the problem surrounding Jarl farming. The fundamental problem is how PUGs are formed on any given map and the fact that Jarl is literally a 10 second run away. Those who choose to run PUGs will just have to deal with it, because you aren't going to be able to collaborate thousands of players - most of which don't even read these forums - with some sort of protocol for 'properly farming Jarl'.

STS has never given any notion that they plan to remove /partyinvite 000 from the game - nor should they. It is not an exploit, and is in fact a very useful tool. It's only problematic sometimes when inviting other players to join you on a map (which there is also a work-around for). So use it to your advantage!

Such a silly topic to squabble over, when there's a perfectly sound solution to the OP's chief complaint.

/partyinvite 000
    /partyleave
    /happy dance
    Last edited by Taejo; 10-23-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Map doesn't reset when the soloing code is used :/ However, +1 to that point that thousands of people run jarl and almost none read this forum

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post: