Thread: need help with pvp build for mage lvl23

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default need help with pvp build for mage lvl23

Need help setting up a good PvP build for my lvl23 sorcerer.
    Any tips from pro mages out there will be appreciated. Read so many discussions about sorcerer build but none tailors exactly to lvl23.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Robhawk

You should switch the values from str and dex so your shield is A LOT better than now. Mallison is good if you want to curse the enemy because of the dodge... but if you dont use curse you should think about ehtyl and colton as your main offensive pets, they give a lot more dmg output compared to Mallison. Ethyl is sooooo cheap - best value for gold pet in AL history, especially for mages (10% dmg AND 6% crit)!

It all depends on your playstyle... My skills are: Shield, Fire, Light, Clock, Curse and Heal. I switch them as needed.

My common skillset is: Shield, Fire, Light and Heal

FE

If you play vs a team with 2 or more warriors curse is useless.
    If you play 1on1 vs good but not pro rouges just charg shield to be safe and then stun em with charged fire, hit coltons arcane (+15% crit) drop the clock above em and follow lighting and again uncharged fireball. Chances are good, that the rogue already died. Using Ehyl or Clyde makes it harder for them to reach their healthpacks...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Robhawk will swithing dexterity and strength to int make shield better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    You should switch the values from str and dex so your shield is A LOT better than now. Mallison is good if you want to curse the enemy because of the dodge... but if you dont use curse you should think about ehtyl and colton as your main offensive pets, they give a lot more dmg output compared to Mallison. Ethyl is sooooo cheap - best value for gold pet in AL history, especially for mages (10% dmg AND 6% crit)!

It all depends on your playstyle... My skills are: Shield, Fire, Light, Clock, Curse and Heal. I switch them as needed.

My common skillset is: Shield, Fire, Light and Heal

FE

If you play vs a team with 2 or more warriors curse is useless.
    If you play 1on1 vs good but not pro rouges just charg shield to be safe and then stun em with charged fire, hit coltons arcane (+15% crit) drop the clock above em and follow lighting and again uncharged fireball. Chances are good, that the rogue already died. Using Ehyl or Clyde makes it harder for them to reach their healthpacks...

this time i disagree on you rob.

- malison is not good for curse user bcoz of his +dodge. the more hit you receive the more damage will reflect to your opponent.
    - in group fight even there are 2 warrs, i suggest to use curse. it depends on your timing when to cast curse. If you timed it well, then curse will be the biggest advantage for your team.

i agree on a point that you should keep your str with a good no. (preferably 100+, if possible) in using curse. but if you're kinda offensive mage with fire,light,heal/ice, shield you should put some points on your dex for fast kill (stunlock)

my best pet for me is ribbit and colton...

i can kill even some pro warrior with my set of skills with colton/ribbit, but i/you need to practice more on my timing in order for you to defeat a pro warr. until now im working on my timing coz i have a hard time defeating them consistently even pro rouges with mythic pets..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I also disagree.

If you use malison and his arcane ability, why use dodge? The point of curse is so that when you get hit, the other player also gets hit. If you have dodge, no point of using curse because then you never get hit.
    I just suggest using curse when you are against more than one person. Curse will hit multiple enemies, leading them all to take damage if they attack you.

For your stats, you need to change that amount of dexterity into strength. You said yourself, "malison is not good for curse user bcoz of his +dodge, the more hit you receive the more damage will reflect to your opponent." If you add dexterity, you are adding more dodge % leaving, once again, no use for curse. And plus strength will help with your shield skill.

Now for pet, ribbit or colton is a great option. They will both help you. I would suggest trying to get a mythic/arcane pet though. I have played your level pvp in the current season. Most have Abaddon as their pet.

Use a gun as a weapon. Get best gear for your level (sorry, don't know the gear for your level).

That's all I really have to say for now. Hope that helps.
    Rogue: Angelicdove
    Mage: Intfire
    Warrior: Speedoftank

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cindersx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cindersx View Post
    I also disagree.

For your stats, you need to change that amount of dexterity into strength. You said yourself, "malison is not good for curse user bcoz of his +dodge, the more hit you receive the more damage will reflect to your opponent." If you add dexterity, you are adding more dodge % leaving, once again, no use for curse. And plus strength will help with your shield skill.

That's all I really have to say for now. Hope that helps.
    if you look carefully on my post before "but if you're kinda offensive mage with fire,light,heal/ice, shield you should put some points on your dex for fast kill (stunlock)"

so, dex is only for those who prefer stunlock skills!!! fire, light, ice/heal, shield....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

No actually.. What would dexterity have to do with a stunlock? That makes absolutely no sense.
    Rogue: Angelicdove
    Mage: Intfire
    Warrior: Speedoftank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

i think you didn't get my point. dex will add some damage!!!! coz if you prefer to cut your curse you will have more extra points that you can put on either (damage/dex) and for me i prefer dex for some health, crit, and damage boost!!! coz on twink lvl (lvl 23) 3%-5% of additional damage doesnt affect much due to low damage output!!

i hope you get my point!!!