Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I feel ripped off by buying Grimm from stable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Default I feel ripped off by buying Grimm from stable

I feel ripped off by buying Grimm from the stable with platinum. Had I known that this pet would have been sold as an egg, and that egg could have been sold in CS. I would have bought it with gold. Right now Grimm's egg is sold for around 1.3m in CS now. And I wouldnt be surprised to see it go lower. I could easily buy this pet from CS instead of having wasted 250 platinum. And please don't tell me that I got to enjoy it before it was released as an egg because this is like less then a week. Why did STS release Grimm only in the stable and not announce it would be sold as an egg later? No where in the announcement did it say this otherwise I would have waited. I am okay that the pet is sold as an egg but they should have told us.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I can't understand your post. Maybe if you added an image with a little caption, it would better my understanding about this post a wee bit more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

If STS refunds my 250 plat, then I will post meme. Otherwise you're SOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Boooo

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Was gonna go on and on about how this was like so many other things where you were an early adopter, but the best I could come up with was when I bought the Wifi version of the original iPad the day it came out even though I really should have gotten the 3G(this was iPad 1) version and I regretted it. The thing is, I KNEW there would be a 3G version coming out a month later and I CHOSE to get the wifi version instead because I WANTED IT NOW!!! You did not KNOW there was an egg version coming out, so you did not get to make this choice, and had the choice forced upon you, and for that I am sorry.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I can understand how you might feel that way and would like to extend you our apologies.

The reason why we put the eggs in was not to "rip anyone off." On the contrary, it was an idea to make more pets available for eggs that came up from a support ticket asking for such so they could buy a pet for their good friend (I believe for a birthday present).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I can understand how you might feel that way and would like to extend you our apologies.

The reason why we put the eggs in was not to "rip anyone off." On the contrary, it was an idea to make more pets available for eggs that came up from a support ticket asking for such so they could buy a pet for their good friend (I believe for a birthday present).
    Can you ask support to refund my plat then? So I can also buy this pet as an egg. Right now its selling for 900k. And probably will continue to drop. I can use the platinum in so many other ways. And its 250 plat which is a lot and would have never bought it had I known this would happen. Its one thing to release this as an egg 2-3 months down the road. But this was 1 week later. I haven't even had a chance to level the pet.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Or they tricked you to make long time investment for the egg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Seriously?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Can you ask support to refund my plat then? So I can also buy this pet as an egg. Right now its selling for 900k. And probably will continue to drop. I can use the platinum in so many other ways. And its 250 plat which is a lot and would have never bought it had I known this would happen. Its one thing to release this as an egg 2-3 months down the road. But this was 1 week later. I haven't even had a chance to level the pet.
    If you get a refund im done with this game rofl. I emailed STS the day of grims release because due to lack of a confirm button and my laggy tablet, the 30$ worth of plat i put into my account to last me the next month or two for elixirs mysteriously vanished and that stupid grim reaper is in my stable, What happens? I email STS explaining what happened, They basically told me its not there problem and they don't care, Cool story guys. Thanks for stealing 30$ from my pocket on a pet i had zero interest in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

wow. I'm pretty annoyed, too. Like seriously annoyed. And that this was the reason? wow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Although I have not purchased one, I still think that either one should be able to be given the option to turn their pet into an egg if they purchased it with platinum or be given the option for a full refund.

Secondly, for mythic pets in the future, if there are to be egg versions released, they should also be only obtained through platinum.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Yes. This. Couldn't have said it better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limitational View Post
    If you get a refund im done with this game rofl. I emailed STS the day of grims release because due to lack of a confirm button and my laggy tablet, the 30$ worth of plat i put into my account to last me the next month or two for elixirs mysteriously vanished and that stupid grim reaper is in my stable, What happens? I email STS explaining what happened, They basically told me its not there problem and they don't care, Cool story guys. Thanks for stealing 30$ from my pocket on a pet i had zero interest in.
    I got the same reaction, I listed out two concerns. One being it says high chance of stun and it doesn't even stun. The second was that now it can be bought as an egg in CS. I feel like the item is misrepresented and I was duped into paying plat when I could buy it with gold. The reply back I got was it was a rare chance to stun. Doesn't support even look at what I am talking about? I sent them a screen shot but now the case is resolved and probably will just be ignored. I could live with the low chance of stun but I can't accept they have a plat only pet then next week release it as a tradable egg. It would be one thing if it was 90 plat I could talk myself into dealing with that loss. But 250 plat is too much to just forget about. I am okay if it was like 2-3 months down the road they release it as an egg. I got to enjoy it and what difference would it make then. But doing it a week later is a bitter pill to swallow. I am very disappointed in STS for doing this and to say it was a birthday present for someone doesn't change anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I got the same reaction, I listed out two concerns. One being it says high chance of stun and it doesn't even stun. The second was that now it can be bought as an egg in CS. I feel like the item is misrepresented and I was duped into paying plat when I could buy it with gold. The reply back I got was it was a rare chance to stun. Doesn't support even look at what I am talking about? I sent them a screen shot but now the case is resolved and probably will just be ignored. I could live with the low chance of stun but I can't accept they have a plat only pet then next week release it as a tradable egg. It would be one thing if it was 90 plat I could talk myself into dealing with that loss. But 250 plat is too much to just forget about. I am okay if it was like 2-3 months down the road they release it as an egg. I got to enjoy it and what difference would it make then. But doing it a week later is a bitter pill to swallow. I am very disappointed in STS for doing this and to say it was a birthday present for someone doesn't change anything.
    I agree with Falmear, the pet is "broken" you spend 40-50$ on it then a week later it can be bought as a egg? There's no excuse for that, Sorry to say But that's a complete rip-off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

To be honest, despite this whole egg mess, I'd still be pretty content with Grimm if: a) he did actually have a high chance at stun, b) his stun wasn't negated by DoT damage (seriously??), c) he stunned bosses and d) his arcane range was increased.

I mean come on. This is a Mythic pet that costs 250 plat. With all of the crate poppers out there who have like 15k plat in their account, I think STG might be forgetting just how much 250 plat is worth to the rest of us. Yes, I do pop crates, and my plat consumption is in the thousands. But 250 plat for a pet that is borderline Legendary, only to release it later as a birthday present egg that can be had for 850k? That's just not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Although I have not purchased one, I still think that either one should be able to be given the option to turn their pet into an egg if they purchased it with platinum or be given the option for a full refund.

Secondly, for mythic pets in the future, if there are to be egg versions released, they should also be only obtained through platinum.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Airys <Average Joes>

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakiniku For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

yeah really, this is stupid. they need to either fix the pet so its actually USABLE. or refund my money because this is bull, 40$ down the drain lmfao. but it doesn't matter to them right, i mean gurrantee they are going to make quite a pretty penny for this halloween event. with all the mythics brought back.

Honestly STS, keep digging your own grave, Watch your loyal players hand you the shovel.

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Lucky I didn't buy one..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Wow. So one person's ticket changes the game for everyone (mostly in a negative way as falmear is pointing out), and yet the majority of popular forum collaborations usually results in nothing. Interesting.

This person's birthday gift cost 250 platinum in retrospect, where the it could have been used in better ways and Grimm would have been purchased via gold. This was a bad decision by STS.
    Last edited by Taejo; 10-24-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Just place 2M is my stash so I don't hop on the Rage Train.....thx.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga