Thread: Not sure if i should blame gamblers or hoarders but,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Default Not sure if i should blame gamblers or hoarders but,

Locked prices are still so low. Either gamblers aren't gambling or hoarders saved up so many crates that the market is flooded with them, because locked should be higher than 13k on auction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Blame supply and demand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

This isn't a weekend event, from the start its almost 2 weeks. So people aren't in a rush to buy and open crates. So at this point in time there are more sellers then buyers. Also there is always an over supply of crates because people horde them waiting for events like this. I suggest you hold on to a portion of your crates and then sell the excess. 13k for a crate is still better then an elite silver puzzlebox. And crates are much easier to farm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Is it possible that the people that buy up crates are manipulating the economy by setting prices of a lot of crates in auction at a low price to give the appearance that that is what people are buying them for? In turn keeping the price low to buy up more?

"Its a conspiracy man"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Lol was hoping to get 20k for crates all week. Guess ill just make a little less till later in week. I farm so many locked that its all profit anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

You have to take into account, the fact that most people are not loving the new mythic weapons designs...

So gamblers are actually becoming paranoid about "gambling"
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Take into account that most people who can afford mythic weapons already have them. They're quite costly to gamble for, and then the increase of supply may cause price to drop a little bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Its part of merching so move on to something else now. Bottom line is people got smart about saving crates for events hence the reason before event you could sell em 14.5-15.5k after buying at 10-12k. Now event came the people that thought itd be wise to hoard flooded the market and now you have to sell at 13k or lower or just waste gold in auction fees. Its reason like this i hate merching especially here in al, theres so few items that people buy next to mythics that once that demand is gone its hard to sell
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Its part of merching so move on to something else now. Bottom line is people got smart about saving crates for events hence the reason before event you could sell em 14.5-15.5k after buying at 10-12k. Now event came the people that thought itd be wise to hoard flooded the market and now you have to sell at 13k or lower or just waste gold in auction fees. Its reason like this i hate merching especially here in al, theres so few items that people buy next to mythics that once that demand is gone its hard to sell
    Exactly why I'm a farmer and not a mercher. I always am making at least 12k profit from every crate I find. Even if I was a mercher buying crates in the hope of making 1-3k is a waste of time to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I agree with falmear and lecter, 2 week event and people got wise and started hoarding. There is also a lot more going on this event than others as well.

I always try to remember there is more than one reason why people open lockeds or "gamble". If your gambling, then sometimes it may be out of your own personal control and you will open no matter what. Also, I have to remind myself that there are people who will open crates just to sell and profit. There are people who will hoard crates for dual reasons, to open them or sell them depending on the market. I am all of the above. I choose whichever I consider the best way for me to get the items for that event I want.

I'm not sure if we could all agree on a average amount of gold made from opening a stack of crates. By a stack I mean 1700 plat worth. Sometimes you'll make 50 mil, but I'll say a good average number is 5 mil. That seems about right from my experience. If that's the case you are making about 2941 gold per plat spent. Now going by market prices as of this post if you use that plat to buy and sell Grimm then your return is 3600 gold per plat, Ewen is 3500 gold, jack pendant is 2333 gold. That's not considering possible future rises in auction prices for expired items or the vanities. Plat spent on other items other than crates is guaranteed net more than what I consider average net from crates. I don't think I'm the only one that considers this.
    Last edited by Bonthan; 10-26-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bonthan View Post
    I agree with falmear and lecter, 2 week event and people got wise and started hoarding. There is also a lot more going on this event than others as well.

I always try to remember there is more than one reason why people open lockeds or "gamble". If your gambling, then sometimes it may be out of your own personal control and you will open no matter what. Also, I have to remind myself that there are people who will open crates just to sell and profit. There are people who will hoard crates for dual reasons, to open them or sell them depending on the market. I am all of the above. I choose whichever I consider the best way for me to get the items for that event I want.

I'm not sure if we could all agree on a average amount of gold made from opening a stack of crates. By a stack I mean 1700 plat worth. Sometimes you'll make 50 mil, but I'll say a good average number is 5 mil. That seems about right from my experience. If that's the case you are making about 2941 gold per plat spent. Now going by market prices as of this post if you use that plat to buy and sell Grimm then your return is 3600 gold per plat, Ewen is 3500 gold, jack pendant is 2333 gold. That's not considering possible future rises in auction prices for expired items or the vanities. Plat spent on other items other than crates is guaranteed net more than what I consider average net from crates. I don't think I'm the only one that considers this.
    Well 1k Plat = 1k Gold because of the Plat-to-gold conversion...
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Well 1k Plat = 1k Gold because of the Plat-to-gold conversion...
    25 plat will buy me 25,000 gold or 150 plat will buy me 150,000 gold. For me, I see that as 1 plat equals 1,000 gold. I can do better than that just by purchasing lep amulet on any given day for 150 plat and selling for 180,000 gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bonthan View Post
    25 plat will buy me 25,000 gold or 150 plat will buy me 150,000 gold. For me, I see that as 1 plat equals 1,000 gold. I can do better than that just by purchasing lep amulet on any given day for 150 plat and selling for 180,000 gold.
    buy grimm egg for 250 plats and sell it for 800k gold much better!