Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10K Gold= 1 Plat??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ogediah View Post
    Ok.... Excluding the banned guys response that can't really be taken seriously, I still don't see anyone outright disagreeing.
    There isn't any banned guys.. It is a bit misleading, but I believe that is the posters actual screen name. I was confused at first too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    The devs need money dammit! Platnium is fine the way it is and it makes the expansions a little cheaper. It also helps in getting content alot quicker then Apple's crappy approval system. Be happy with what your getting, it's all for the better.
    I totally agree!
    Alterra abcdLes Patriotes
    [Archer]: utopi Lvl30
    [Enchantress]: utopii Lvl30
    [Warrior]: utopiii Lvl35 (Favorite)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ok.... Excluding the banned guys response that can't really be taken seriously, I still don't see anyone outright disagreeing.
    Funny, look at the above post. Seems like someone agrees with me. Let me give you another reason why this idea isn't very good. Most of us can make about 5k each day(selling items, farming, etc). The devs release map packs at a pretty slow rate. They cost 10p, so at about a little over two weeks, I could have 10p. Meaning I can pretty much go through the whole game without paying for a single map pack. Devs lose money, server can't be run, it gets shutdown, no more PL.
    Last edited by Banned; 05-03-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay, I will disagree with the suggestion. I'll even do it outright.

The devs have to get paid somehow. Selling platinum is how they make money off of Pocket Legends. It's how they pay the bills, keep the servers running, buy braces for their kids, etcetera.... If they make platinum available for gold, they'll shoot their cash cow in the head. Without income, Pocket Legends will die. I don't want the game to die, and I think that your suggestion might lead to that.

Furthermore, I'm not the only person on this thread who disagrees with you. Buvet, Banned, BestHyun, and utopi all seem to disagree. That said, the devs' votes are the only ones that really matter. We can make our opinions known, but they get the final say. So why bother posting my opinion? Because I don't want the devs to think that their customers are unanimous in requesting them to work for free....
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

All very true bout devs getting paid. Like I said though, if 10k is to small and you'd think you can make it to quickly then make it higher 15k or 20k whatever floats the devs boats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingslaya View Post
    All very true bout devs getting paid. Like I said though, if 10k is to small and you'd think you can make it to quickly then make it higher 15k or 20k whatever floats the devs boats.
    I think you might be missing the point. Any ability to purchase Platinum for Gold is a bad idea. Whether that rate is 1k, 10k, or even 100k Gold for Platinum, it's still a bad idea.

Here's why: Gold is basically an unlimited resource. The more you farm, the more gold you make. My Archer is my newest character, just hit lvl 30, and he's drowning in gold already. Hardcore players have even more gold than I do. There isn't any limit on how much gold you can make. Just keep farming!

Since gold is an unlimited resource, there's no good way to trade it for Platinum without dramatically altering the Platinum sales. If you raise the exchange rate, people will just farm more. Many people would never buy Platinum again. And that would place our beloved devs on food stamps, eating government cheese, and living on the street.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but the economics of the situation are very straightforward. If you open the door to allow trading a limited commodity (Platinum, which is limited by real-world $$$) for an unlimited commodity (Gold), you'll destroy the value of the limited commodity.
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ogediah, you lose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont think the gold farmers thing works at all, if the gold farmers are playing enough to achieve 50,000 gold aka 5 platinum, i HIGHLY doubt the 50 or so man hours is at all worth 59p (uk money, 99c american) i dont think ANY gold farmer will be at all happy putting in so much work for what is essentially a fraction of a cent per hour, especially as they will have to undercut spacetime's prices, making it even less worth their while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dilarus View Post
    i dont think the gold farmers thing works at all, if the gold farmers are playing enough to achieve 50,000 gold aka 5 platinum, i HIGHLY doubt the 50 or so man hours is at all worth 59p (uk money, 99c american) i dont think ANY gold farmer will be at all happy putting in so much work for what is essentially a fraction of a cent per hour, especially as they will have to undercut spacetime's prices, making it even less worth their while.
    You always just sell the items in your inventory. The 270(over the limit ) items I have should be able to bring me enough gold to get 5p.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure if selling play that cheep in terms of gold is right but I do agree with the fact we need a bunch of good gold dumps. ATM all we hav is potions and it's not serving it's job as a sold gold dump. Maybe trading 1 plat for 50k gold is a good idea until they make a sold gold dump. We need some good vanity items and ATM the game is still in it's development stages. I'm deff not for taking money away from the dev team. I think they need more money to help increase this games growth. But we do need to see tat also for this game to be a successful mmo it's needs a very stable ever growing economy. It is a must.
    Jovains- Enchantress(Supportress)
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    You always just sell the items in your inventory. The 270(over the limit ) items I have should be able to bring me enough gold to get 5p.
    yes ur proving my point, a gold farmer would want constant income, if you sold everything you own youd have enough gld for 99c worth of platinum, and i daresay it took you many hours to get all of that, a gold farmer would want millions of gold a day inorder to make it worth his while at all and its just not going to happen, he'd make about 100x more money at minimum wage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it possible to get Power Cells in Ngmoco's Eliminate besides:

1) Paying for them
    2) Installing Ngmoco's dumb Dog game for the 5th time

In short, Spacetime Studios have to pay the light bill at the end of the day just like everyone else.

You enjoy their product?

Pony up the cash like everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what about making gold and plat tradable, akin to what eve does. Plat cant enter the market unless some1 buys it, but it then allows people with ample gold to trade for the plat with no loss to spacetime. The on flaw with this currently that i can see is that no1 is goin to want to trade their plat for gold, even though many would want to do the opposite trade because of the lack of uses for gold. With ample uses for gold, the system could work.
    Member of LEGENDS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Galazy View Post
    what about making gold and plat tradable, akin to what eve does. Plat cant enter the market unless some1 buys it, but it then allows people with ample gold to trade for the plat with no loss to spacetime. The on flaw with this currently that i can see is that no1 is goin to want to trade their plat for gold, even though many would want to do the opposite trade because of the lack of uses for gold. With ample uses for gold, the system could work.
    Definitely a better alternative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

its not happening, they gain nothing out of letting people do this so quit dreaming
    Looking for a PvP guild for the new 1.2 PvP update?
    Join Pocket Legends' first true PvP guild - The TAKE IT Crew!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Galazy View Post
    This might be a viable option but I don't think it could work with 'no loss to Spacetime'. What you seem to be forgetting here is the profit Spacetime will undoubtedly make off of what I'll call 'gift card inefficiencies' in the current market, aka, I think most players probably won't end up using all of the platinum they buy, but they still paid for it. In your scenario, these unused platinum would be traded to other players, who then do not have to buy platinum, so that would take out a chunk of profit.

However... on the other hand my general feeling is that whatever profit hit some of these proposed solutions might bring, the added depth to the in-game economy and thus depth to the end-game for hardcore players, etc. would be improved, and overall drive more sales / word of mouth and such and help retain players hooked onto the game longer than without, thus offsetting short-term profit loss. But that's just my personal theory spun out of thin air.
    Snick lvl 35 dps archer (Alterra)
    Athena lvl 30 aoe enchantress (Alterra)
    Bryck lvl 29 warrior tank (Alterra)
    Bankers lvl 1 trading mule (Alterra)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Banned, like was already brought up, we aren't setting a limit. There does need to be a gold dump of some sort though. As Dilarus mentioned, gametime vs minimum wage can be easily worked out. 100k to 1platinum... w/e. Yes servers need to stay up and running, but if you are never going to pay... its going to take a long time at lvl 13 to acquire 100k. If you are level 30, like i said, you probably squatting doing nothing more but basically testing for the community and providing feedback. This may not be true for everyone... but generally if you are waiting around long enough you are going to show up the site to atleast look for news of the new updates.

I like galazy's alternative... but as he mentioned, it has problems as well.

I think we can all agree that we need Gold dumps. This would be an alternative. Its not a free service, i think that as contributing members we are doing something for the game and community. We advertise to our friends to get the game, we basically test and provide feedback. This gives incentive to keep playing the game after you have reached your level cap, in a productive manner.

I don't think this is the only solution, and obviously i know it is up to the developers. We are trying to have a civil conversation about the hows, whys, and why nots. I'd love to hear your defense to why it may not work or other alternatives, but dont be a jack-*** and just say "no it wont work". We know it isn't currently working, its not in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yeah the idea isnt completely bad but I for sure dont want to see the game go under and maybe trading plats for rare weapons would work cuz either way ppl paid for it and the gave the plats to someone else.
    Since the person who gave the plats for the rare weapon still paid for the plats or got them from someone else who did buy them the devs dont lose money. Cuz plats are still bought either way its just a system of trade.
    Lvl 18 mage!!
    LEGENDARY ALLIANCE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From a players perspective it looks good, and nice. But from the developers perspective they are just going to lose money, this game is "free". Maybe if they made the intro price 2.99 or something, they'd do this.. But, I don't know.
    Archer: xnonamex
    Warrior: xxnonamexx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dilarus View Post
    yes ur proving my point, a gold farmer would want constant income, if you sold everything you own youd have enough gld for 99c worth of platinum, and i daresay it took you many hours to get all of that, a gold farmer would want millions of gold a day inorder to make it worth his while at all and its just not going to happen, he'd make about 100x more money at minimum wage.
    Not even talking about gold farmers.

Banned point is that he easily managed to get the amount of items/gold needed for plat, and he is not even AIMing for it.

And even if the gold requirement got raised to a ridiculous amount, people will still grind for it.
    / oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake