Thread: Discussion about rushing being done for....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i think that rushing was always bad for the game, and its one of the things that started a long downward spiral for PL.

Rushing started in the ancient swamps, when it wasn't actually rushing and more "witch farming." Granted that was a fun and somewhat social experience for awhile, but the best map pack in the history of PL has been the lost expedition and fathom crypt is a close runner up (cause thats where the bone gear came from during LE). These maps were fun, they ran smoothly, you NATURALLY couldn't rush the lost expedition because you would get killed by the mobs, and the experience was sociable, enjoyable, and did require some tanking and healing roles to be filled.

Nerfing the rush is a patch over for a flawed system. The problem is that 20 mobs chasing a player cant kill a warrior. That hasn't change at all. Its a long overdue quick fix to what is in fact an integral flaw in the class/stat/skill system and the NPC design. However nerfing the rush the way they did is still a positve change to the game, and will eventually help to restore some of the better aspects of PL

Ces't la vie.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    i think that rushing was always bad for the game, and its one of the things that started a long downward spiral for PL.

Rushing started in the ancient swamps, when it wasn't actually rushing and more "witch farming." Granted that was a fun and somewhat social experience for awhile, but the best map pack in the history of PL has been the lost expedition and fathom crypt is a close runner up (cause thats where the bone gear came from during LE). These maps were fun, they ran smoothly, you NATURALLY couldn't rush the lost expedition because you would get killed by the mobs, and the experience was sociable, enjoyable, and did require some tanking and healing roles to be filled.

Nerfing the rush is a patch over for a flawed system. The problem is that 20 mobs chasing a player cant kill a warrior. That hasn't change at all. Its a long overdue quick fix to what is in fact an integral flaw in the class/stat/skill system and the NPC design. However nerfing the rush the way they did is still a positve change to the game, and will eventually help to restore some of the better aspects of PL

Ces't la vie.
    Well said. I admit I use to rush in order to keep up my gear since this game is so dependent on it. Given a choice I'd rather clear the dungeons. Overall agree its a positive change.

On a side note, I've noticed more level 50s joining Crush the Keeper late to take him out after the XP farmers have cleared most of the map.