Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrade System Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Upgrade System Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

New Crafting and Upgrade System Coming in November to Arcane Legends

Please keep in mind that the Crafting and Upgrade systems are currently work-in-progress. As such, things are subject to change from what is outlined below.

Arcane Legends will be turning 1 year old in November. What better way to celebrate than with two awesome new game systems: Crafting and Upgrading!

If you are looking for the Crafting Feedback Thread, that can be found here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...eedback-Thread

Name:  Upgrade.png
Views: 1530
Size:  25.4 KB

Upgrading:

The Upgrade System will allow you to socket one or more (depending on the quality of the item) powerful Gems into your gear.

The number of Gems any particular item will hold depends on the quality of the item:

Epic items: 1 upgrade slot
    Legendary items: 2 upgrade slots
    Mythic or Arcane items: 3 upgrade slots

Socketing a Gem is not a trivial task and takes time. While an item is having a Gem socketed, it is not available for use. Plan your upgrading carefully!

Putting a Gem into the first socket takes 8 hours. A second and third socket take even more time.

The amount of bonus that a Gem grants depends on the level of an item.

When a Gem finishes imbuing into a socket, it has a chance to form a superior bond with the item for an additional bonus!

The stat bonus amount is determined by the level of the item. In a level 36 item, a normally bonded Gem grants a +3 stat bonus, while a superior bonded Gem grants a +6 stat bonus.

Once you have a Gem socketed into an item, you can replace that gem with a new one and have a chance for that replacement to yield a superior bonded Gem! Replacing an existing socketed Gem takes 12 hours, regardless if it is in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Gem slot.

Here is an example walkthrough of the Upgrade process. I'm going to slot a Blood Gem to add some extra STR to my lvl 31 Entomed Hammer of Warfare.

Step 1: Select Item
    Name:  1-select-item.jpg
Views: 1559
Size:  54.6 KB

Step 2: Select Slot
    Name:  2-select-slot.jpg
Views: 1533
Size:  45.4 KB

Step 3: Select Gem
    Name:  3-select-gem.jpg
Views: 1552
Size:  44.1 KB

Step 4: Review Upgrade Info
    Name:  4-upgrade-info.jpg
Views: 1547
Size:  56.2 KB

Step 5: Confirm
    Name:  5-confirm.jpg
Views: 1521
Size:  39.9 KB

Step 6: Upgrade in Progress
    Name:  6-in-progress.jpg
Views: 1533
Size:  48.4 KB

The Entombed Hammer of Warfare is being upgraded and is not available for use. I can buy through the timer if I really want to finish it up right now. Any one character may only have a total of 5 Crafts or Upgrades in progress at any one time.

Notice how the Super Gem stat bonus for the Level 31 Entombed Hammer of Warfare is +5, where a level 36 item can be +6. This scales up from level 10 items that are a base +1 with a Super Gem possible bonus of +2.

The Crafting Station, where you can start new Gem crafts, new Upgrades, review your current progress and pick up is easily accessible from the main menu.

Name:  8---inventory.jpg
Views: 1480
Size:  62.6 KB

As with Crafting, this is the first use of this new System. There is a lot of room for future expansion with Upgrades.

We look forward to your thoughts and feedback regarding this system that is in development for Arcane Legends. We anticipate that the system will go live in mid to late November.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 10-30-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

AWESOME!!! Then, the most obvious question, WHERE can we get the GEMS?

OOPS, in the CRAFTING THREAD, DUH!!!!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

1) Can items with gems in them be sold/traded?

2) What are the odds of a superior bond occurring?

3) Can you infuse an item with more than one of the same type of gem?

4) Can you take gems out if items they are I fused to, or are they destroyed when you do this?

5) do gems have a certain level? Or are they all different levels of gems?
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 10-30-2013 at 04:23 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    1) Can items with gems in them be sold/traded?

2) What are the odds of a superior bond occurring?

3) Can you infuse an item with more than one of the same type of gem?

4) Can you take gems out if items they are I fused to, or are they destroyed when you do this?

5) do gems have a certain level? Or are they all different levels of gems?
    1) Yes you can sell them with the upgrades. The details for what you buy show up on the expanded information tab for that item. This means you can purchase something, gem it up and resell it for more!

2) It's fairly rare, but roll of the dice rare and not mythic from a crate rare

3) Yes, you can put 3 separate STR Gems in the same item for example

4) You cannot "remove" a gem, however you can "replace" a gem. You can replace it with the same kind of gem trying to get the awesome version as many times as you would like.

5) Gems are dynamic in that there is only one per stat, but the amount of bonus you receive varies based on the item level of the item. As a level 20 twink or as a level 36 Elite runner you will use the same gem, and receive benefits scaled to the level of the item used for upgrading.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    1) Yes you can sell them with the upgrades. The details for what you buy show up on the expanded information tab for that item. This means you can purchase something, gem it up and resell it for more!
    This is what I was afraid of. Before this goes live can you find some way to identify as much about the item as possible on 'glance'. This will help reduce the potential for bait and switch scamming and selling regular gemmed items as superior gemmed. There also needs to be a new way to search in the CS to isolate only crafted items, and preferably by number/type/quality of gems on the item. If not then players will be slapping all different types in together to try to confuse people and ditch out of failures. It will just happen.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    This is what I was afraid of. Before this goes live can you find some way to identify as much about the item as possible on 'glance'. This will help reduce the potential for bait and switch scamming and selling regular gemmed items as superior gemmed. There also needs to be a new way to search in the CS to isolate only crafted items, and preferably by number/type/quality of gems on the item. If not then players will be slapping all different types in together to try to confuse people and ditch out of failures. It will just happen.
    Actually, there is a way to identify them on first glance, or so I believe. If you look at Sam's weapon inventory, they all have those dots/empty spaces next to them, and if I'm correct, if they were to be upgraded, then they would be colored in with their matched upgrade (str, dex, or int). But I'm not sure what the differences are between the regular gem, and the 'Exceptional' gem.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

In follow up questions, people wondered about how buying/selling/trading of items will work with regard to their upgrade slots.

When you are trading, or gifting or using the Consignment Shoppe, you can see what gems are in the item from the icon.

Further, you can inspect the item to view an expanded view of the items stats that displays what gems are socketed into the item.

Here are example screens from the Consignment Shoppe where I have listed an Entombed Hammer of Warfare that has one Blood Gem socketed into it for a +3 STR bonus.

Name:  auction.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  56.5 KB

Here is the Hammer inspected:

Name:  auction-inspect.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  60.7 KB
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

OK, so if out FAVORITE weapon only gets a regular gem, we can keep trying till it gets superior, correct. What is the general odds of each?

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

OK, real question. First, are upgradeable items sellable. Second, how easy will it be to tell that the item your buying is upgraded and not the regular version and third, how easy will it be to tell it has the upgrades you want.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

arcane - 1slot
    mythic - 1slot
    legendary - 2slot
    epic - 3slots.

firstly, I would like to point it other way around. with this the non mythic/arcane user or what we call non-plat players can make a good weapon to atleast shorten the gap between arcane to epic wielders. we know arcanes and mythics are already Giving a huge gap so why not give chance to those who can afford only legendaries. this would also Keep the casual players.

Secondly, give more gems that can give a proc ability. There are many proc ability from lowlvl weapons that isnt being used. For example, dark path from a sorc staff that can do life leech.

my opinion and would like to see the feedback.
    overall i like how the developement on gears is going. ty
    Last edited by Cero; 10-30-2013 at 04:29 PM.

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    I would like to point it other way around.

arcane - 1slot
    mythic - 1slot
    legendary - 2slot
    epic - 3slots.

with this the non mythic/arcane user or what we call non-plat players can make a good weapon to atleast shorten the gap between arcane to epic wielders. we know arcanes and mythics are already Giving a huge gap so why not give chance to those who can afford only legendaries. this would also Keep the casual players.

Problem with that is it would make the jewels worth more then the crown so to speak. Essentially, you are putting expensive upgrades to not even bring them in line with cheaper items. Don't let the 'lack' of plat cost here fool you, this system WILL make PLAT PLAYERS super rich in the first 8 hours of release since they will be able to churn through the creation of a ton of items. After that, it should even out as the overnight creators start to catch up, but that initial flood will be in their favor. Nothing wrong with that, as they pay the salaries, so giving them a head start is totally fair.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Problem with that is it would make the jewels worth more then the crown so to speak. Essentially, you are putting expensive upgrades to not even bring them in line with cheaper items. Don't let the 'lack' of plat cost here fool you, this system WILL make PLAT PLAYERS super rich in the first 8 hours of release since they will be able to churn through the creation of a ton of items. After that, it should even out as the overnight creators start to catch up, but that initial flood will be in their favor. Nothing wrong with that, as they pay the salaries, so giving them a head start is totally fair.
    I agreed with Cero, just for the reason that new gems will eventually come out in later updates will close the gap a bit more but, Arcane/Mythic will still reign king in AL. but atleast it gives Non-Plat buyers more of a chance.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

16. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

arcane - 1slot
    mythic - 1slot
    legendary - 2slot
    epic - 3slots.

firstly, I would like to point it other way around. with this the non mythic/arcane user or what we call non-plat players can make a good weapon to atleast shorten the gap between arcane to epic wielders. we know arcanes and mythics are already Giving a huge gap so why not give chance to those who can afford only legendaries. this would also Keep the casual players.
    This. U sayed what i was thinking....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

arcane - 1slot
    mythic - 1slot
    legendary - 2slot
    epic - 3slots.

Secondly, give more gems that can give a proc ability. There are many proc ability from lowlvl weapons that isnt being used. For example, dark path from a sorc staff that can do life leech.

I still like this idea.... wonder if this could actually get implemented...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

arcane - 1slot
    mythic - 1slot
    legendary - 2slot
    epic - 3slots.

I agree that giving 2 slots to legendary and 3 slots to mythic and arcane further widens the gap between those that have mythic and arcane and those that don't. For a full set of mythic vs legendary gear (weapon, helm, armor, ring and amulet) this equates to a difference of 5 slots or a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 30 (for a superior bond) stat points. This difference is huge! Please sts, reconsider. This will make elite legendary gear even more worthless than it already is, making this a game even more exclusively for plat spenders, merchs and scammers. Just my humble opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    I agree that giving 2 slots to legendary and 3 slots to mythic and arcane further widens the gap between those that have mythic and arcane and those that don't. For a full set of mythic vs legendary gear (weapon, helm, armor, ring and amulet) this equates to a difference of 5 slots or a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 30 (for a superior bond) stat points. This difference is huge! Please sts, reconsider. This will make elite legendary gear even more worthless than it already is, making this a game even more exclusively for plat spenders, merchs and scammers. Just my humble opinion.
    STG, it's not too late! Please reconsider!
    IMAGINE THE CHAOS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Just want to point out: they added crafting, but the blacksmiths still don't do anything besides give us dailies no one do.

Maybe make the blacksmiths in kragg and Kelsey serve a role in crafting? Don't get me wrong I like having everything avalible from my avatar menu. I just find it a little funny that the blacksmiths don't do anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If I am reading this right, does this mean if our normal gem doesn't turn superior, we will need a completely new gem?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

25.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    If I am reading this right, does this mean if our normal gem doesn't turn superior, we will need a completely new gem?
    Correct. The gem slotted will remain, however if you want to try again you will need a new Gem.

Gems are crafted from Essences, and these essences can be farmed or purchased in the store. Essences are NOT tradeable, and NOT stashable.The farming rate is relatively generous however, and with 5 available craft spots it should be reasonably easy for a majority of players to be able to turn their essences into a gem craft before bed, or mass craft to get those super socketed gems!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post: