Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrade System Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I don't know if its fair but people who use a lot of plat have 2 advantages. One they can purchase the essences from the store to make gems then sell them in CS. You say they are epic in rarity, but so is an elite golden puzzle box. Yet this is way more rare then any other epic. In my mind epic rarity is very common. So saying its epic doesn't tell me anything because as we have seen so many times the color/rarity of an item doesn't matter as to how rare it is. Next they can manufacture weapons faster by spending plat by not waiting overnight. This isn't such a huge advantage because this is a matter of time. But if everyone wants a superior bonded weapon, then the plat player can just keep spending plat trying and retrying until this happens. Non-plat player has to keep waiting. So here are the advantages for the plat player:

1) Can manufacture gems from the store and sell them in CS
    2) Can manufacture superior bonded weapons and sell them in CS

So in my mind this is not very fair. I get you pay plat to make life easier, or take less time to do stuff. But I think this is too much of an extreme. Already we see a lot of people buying vanities, eggs, and amulets and converting these to gold by selling them in CS. I am not against this since it makes them available to more people. But this is too much of an advantage in my opinion for crafting and upgrading. You should cut the time down to half in the upgrade system. As for buying essences, I guess this depends on how expensive they are in the store or how "rare" they are to be found. Also its not clear by what you posted if the manufacturing of gems can be sped up by spending plat. This is a serious and obvious omission. I am glad I have been hording my plat and not opening locked because if this goes through as is, I will use most of it to make gems and manufacture weapons. I don't see why someone would bother to farm when you can buy a weapon in CS, upgrade it with plat and turn it around for a big profit.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post: