Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrade System Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

the whole system to me seems complicated and confusing so I really can't comment.
    I'm a causal player and can see myself getting left behind in all this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    This is what I was afraid of. Before this goes live can you find some way to identify as much about the item as possible on 'glance'. This will help reduce the potential for bait and switch scamming and selling regular gemmed items as superior gemmed. There also needs to be a new way to search in the CS to isolate only crafted items, and preferably by number/type/quality of gems on the item. If not then players will be slapping all different types in together to try to confuse people and ditch out of failures. It will just happen.
    Actually, there is a way to identify them on first glance, or so I believe. If you look at Sam's weapon inventory, they all have those dots/empty spaces next to them, and if I'm correct, if they were to be upgraded, then they would be colored in with their matched upgrade (str, dex, or int). But I'm not sure what the differences are between the regular gem, and the 'Exceptional' gem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Actually, there is a way to identify them on first glance, or so I believe. If you look at Sam's weapon inventory, they all have those dots/empty spaces next to them, and if I'm correct, if they were to be upgraded, then they would be colored in with their matched upgrade (str, dex, or int). But I'm not sure what the differences are between the regular gem, and the 'Exceptional' gem.
    Look at the picture in step 4. I would imagine that they'll use the same graphics to visually differentiate between the two when in items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

I don't like the idea of using plats to buy gems. That's just unfair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    Look at the picture in step 4. I would imagine that they'll use the same graphics to visually differentiate between the two when in items.
    In the original teaser (this is in the spacetime insiders forum) the yellow gem on the mythic weapon was glowing. I assumed back then that the middle one glowed for aesthetics. However, I am inclined to believe that the yellow gem was in fact a superrior bond.

Aka: the good stuff glows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TuMadreee View Post
    More like unfairly, uncalled for. (To non-plat users or cheapskates, of course)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can we upgrade leprechaun pendant????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

The only thing I'm fusing my gems into are my luck amulet!! Finally a permanent luck feature in the game!

Overall I like this system! I'll be a gem crafter seller my job will be like doing the upgrading mythic quest every day in normal maps lol

Looks like our mythic sets could last another season!
    Last edited by Kakashis; 10-30-2013 at 10:10 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Great!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  38.1 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hopefully there are corresponding effects for every gem like red for fire

Something like that would be awesome the higher the upgrade the more effect it will have

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I been waiting for this for the whole time......

Add me on Arcane Legends! IGN : Tishamaxine
    " Hate me for who I am, at least im not pretending to be someone im not. "
    Signature made by Beelzzebob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

The difference between arcane-legendary are too huge ,and after the crafting update realese the difference will be bigger..

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimocallboy View Post
    The difference between arcane-legendary are too huge ,and after the crafting update realese the difference will be bigger..
    Agreed, arcanes, as of right now, lasts up to three seasons (including the season it was introduced).
    Now, they're probably good for 4-5 seasons, assuming you're using an 'Exceptional' gem, which a lot of players are indeed going to go for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Add some visual effects to these weapons when upgraded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rivet View Post
    Add some visual effects to these weapons when upgraded.
    I kinda agree! Let's say someone upgrades their Maul of Ollerus with a blood gem. There should be a slight, somewhat noticeable red aura around the maul !_!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Ok so i like the idea of farming essence and crafting gems also then binding said gems to the equipment.But i disagree with the ability to buy said essence for plat.Also i do like the the idea of normal gems and superior gems however this is my feedback on this idea. Ok lets say it takes 10 essence to make a normal gem (easily farmable similar to the tombs, the hardest of the days of the dead quests) and 3 normal gems to make a superior gem, thats 30 essence needed per superior gem instead of a chance to make superior gem. This i would support and i like the sounds of. Whereas the system as samhayne has stated says that a gem has a chance to superior bond which when added to the fact that these essences are plat purchasable means that this is just another form of locked grand crate gambling as u are not guaranteed to get the weapon u were expecting when returned from upgrading, it is nothing more than a gamble. That i dont like. This will force all players wishing to have the best gear in the game to almost definitely buy plat in hopes for superior bonding aka gambling in hopes for a superior bond,meaning the days of merching and farming for wealth/the best gear in the game will be long dead. Long live plat users i suppose O.o. Crafting/Upgrading is in my opinion a good way to bring many more hours of play to people searching for those essences as everyone will be wanting to upgrade their gear, unless u let them be bought by store eliminating the need 2 play at all because u can in fact just buy your upgrades. Another thing i would like to see changed is the fact that u have to wait 8 hours to craft the gem and then another 8 hours to upgrade your item,that forces everyone to have two of everything if they plan on playing at all during these times which in my opinion will actually cause less people to play because they are waiting to get back they're upgraded items. Ok quick recap Do not let essence be store bought make essence farmable only, similar to tombs in halloween event. Make superior bonding a guarantee if u accomplish a certain task or collect a certain number of items, and eliminate wait times while crafting/upgrading so players arent forced to have two sets of gear. This is my feedback for now. Samhayne u said that these changes are not set in stone yet..........please consider my concerns and opinions.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    Thoughts/suggestions/feedback:
    Do away with superior bonding. Make higher quality gems. Make your current gem be a 'flawed gem,' combine 3 or 5 to make a 'normal gem,' and 3 or 5 of those for a 'perfect gem.'
    I like this.
    I don't mind buying 'time', but SICK of wasting my time on gambling and luck.
    I want something I can actually work for it.

And if we have other kind gem, like armor, dmg, dodge or crit as proc, it would be good and work with this well too by adding proc gem as upgrade.
    Last edited by Excuses; 10-31-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TuMadreee View Post
    i think buy items with money is not unfair ir only more easy but i think remove the ''timer'' with plat yes this is unfair..

why don't remove this timer for all??

this is fair for all user. and if theys wanna buy items with plat is ok but we have the same ''advantage'' on time..

i think the item for ''make 1 slot on ur weapond'' this need be selled with an npc. not with platinum or ''Elite puzzlebox'' elite puzzle box cost 200k so this item are going to cost ''500k'' maybe and a weapond with 2 slot cost more of a 1 million..

maybe this can cost 10-20k is good for all user (low lv too) bcus if u start the game u can't put stone on ur weapond/items bcus cost millions for 1 slot..

i agree with make a special effect when weaponds are upgraded like Aion when u have a stone on ur wep have a effect on it
    Last edited by xXz21; 10-31-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HopeSolo View Post
    we are grateful for new development, however, in my personal opinion, i think this is not fair for all players in AL. the reasons i say " not fair for all" because using money to buy gems which leads into plat users or rich people will take control, powers and advantages on those who can't afford to get platinum to buy those gems.In addition, lets think about the battle , it will be less value of pvp, unbalance and its not gonna be fun like the way before, since most plat used players have good gears than other who don't have.
    agreed. if this happens, i am sure i can't buy more plat and maybe make a reason to be retired...too much.......spending if there is plat essence, i know sts feed us new stuff and they make money but plat essence... it should be removed because if sts gonna imply this, it will be so certain that plat users and non plat users(if they not merchant) gonna be a big gap with gold. IMF for non plat user cuz if they want other way, its time consuming. eh i don't like this idea. i don't have time to farming but i rather farming then pay n easy way.
    and i am the plat and farming user which means i do use plat for farming for loot or lock crates (why lock crates? many reasons not many time to farming since work, and i got paid and i can afford to buy plat for twice a month but.. even plat user don't like this.

thats only imo
    Last edited by wlsgh15; 10-31-2013 at 07:10 AM.

HALL OF FAME RETURNS!
    IGN ramyunstyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

DO NOT MAKE ESSENCES BUYABLE IN THE STORE!
    I am ok with the wait time skip but make the essences farmable so EVERYONE has a chance at merching gems and upgraded items.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

21. The Following User Says Thank You to gumball3000 For This Useful Post: