Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discussion about rushing being done for....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Default Discussion about rushing being done for....

What are your guys thoughts? Personally, I think this will totally ruin this games economy. It'll go downhill, be horrible, I don't think this was a good move. It's great, considering now people have to kill mobs, but seriously, think about the economy. Once a new item is implemented, it'll be selling for millions of gold for weeks, items won't be purchasable unless you're a super rich player. Think about the zuraz lance, people rushed for it back then, and it still went for 700K for a LONG time. Those who get lucky, will become millionaires off 1 item, those who are buying, will become poor. This is gonna make the economy have more mood swings than a pregnant woman. I don't see much good coming from this personally, economy wise. What's your guys thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think there was a true economy before this anyways. You see people selling something for 300k one night and just 90k the next. This way prices will be more consistent. If people don't want to kill mobs they should make all future dungeons like Onyxia in WoW back in the day where there was like 4 mobs and then time for the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I agree, but I'm tired of talking about it. I've vented my frustrations all over the forum and now I'll wait and see what happens. But honestly, I don't even feel like playing now. And this is coming from someone who turns on PL if I wake up in middle of the night, still half asleep, before going back to bed. I was really enjoying it and finally mastered ao3 with a team. We were ready to start rushing Ol like crazy and now we can't.

My biggest gripe is that there was no warning, so my friends and I sold all our rares, thinking the new shop would lower prices. A head's up would have been nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I totally agree

Isn't this a mobile mmo designed to be played in short bursts? farming an item you want will take AGES now, and buying will not be an option anymore for the most of us since rare drops get more expensive due to long farming time.
    The rest of the update looks fine imo. Capture the flag sounds fun (although I probably wont be playing it) and the consigment shop is awesome (except for the ridiciulous prices). And keep in mind that the game is free to play, if you think the prices for extra selling slots or custom faces are too high, simply don't buy them! The devs have to get money from somewhere.
    Last edited by Omglolwtfbbq; 11-09-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: fixed

lvl 50 tank - OmglolwtHbbq / lvl 50 mage - Icake / lvl 20 twink pally - Spacefish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

selling galyz dm for 1mil lol cant wait to here that :/
    lvl45-Archer-Gwippy-lvl45-Bear-Renkai-lvl45-Enchantress-Archnai-lvl19-One Hit KO bird-Twinxy-lvl47-Bear-Untha-lvl39-Enchantress-Lietei
    lvl25-bird-villo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i think that rushing was always bad for the game, and its one of the things that started a long downward spiral for PL.

Rushing started in the ancient swamps, when it wasn't actually rushing and more "witch farming." Granted that was a fun and somewhat social experience for awhile, but the best map pack in the history of PL has been the lost expedition and fathom crypt is a close runner up (cause thats where the bone gear came from during LE). These maps were fun, they ran smoothly, you NATURALLY couldn't rush the lost expedition because you would get killed by the mobs, and the experience was sociable, enjoyable, and did require some tanking and healing roles to be filled.

Nerfing the rush is a patch over for a flawed system. The problem is that 20 mobs chasing a player cant kill a warrior. That hasn't change at all. Its a long overdue quick fix to what is in fact an integral flaw in the class/stat/skill system and the NPC design. However nerfing the rush the way they did is still a positve change to the game, and will eventually help to restore some of the better aspects of PL

Ces't la vie.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Bumping for G to lock

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Mystical, I realize your question is whether this will hurt the economy of the game. I think the opposite. The rush farmers made rare items available to anyone who would pay the high price. By doing so they made good purples and other pinks into garbage. That is what I call ruining the economy. Also, there is only so much money, so prices can't go too high. Eventually people will care about Celerity and such. Then maybe it will go back to the reasonable economy you see at level 25 to 30.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i personally think that the devs did a fantastic job making maps unable to rush.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raxie View Post
    i personally think that the devs did a fantastic job making maps unable to rush.
    I think I should give it more time. It can either make stuff way overpriced, or balance the economy. Like Yanis said, it's a big score for gold and XP farmers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

My bear can get killed by victory lap mobs -- yellow aliens and Sniper's are a scary mix. And I see other bears die from it too, if all enemies are attacking one bear and you can't down health pots fast enough. The room full of aliens before mynas in victory lap is a good example. It's not always possible to picks them off bit by bit, and if they all attack, it's painful even for bears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    My bear can get killed by victory lap mobs -- yellow aliens and Sniper's are a scary mix. And I see other bears die from it too, if all enemies are attacking one bear and you can't down health pots fast enough. The room full of aliens before mynas in victory lap is a good example. It's not always possible to picks them off bit by bit, and if they all attack, it's painful even for bears.
    A well working team can pull it off. The only thing I am really happy about this is that mages are now a MUST.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if it's too expensive, what can the buyers do? nothing. so they look for cheaper items (like the new pinks) and just buy those instead. what can the sellers do? the lower the price again.
    the sellers can sell for whatever they want but are the buyers willing to pay a lot?
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Also, only level 50s were allowed to rush or they would be booted, and it was all str based characters... Or mostly. But now everybody can clear. Because you need the debuffs of the birds and mages, and the rzzing by the mages. Now teams can consist of mixed 45 to 50s and they all get to the bosses. It's not just the few. All that booting that was going on will also calm down because teams need all types.

And people will learn how to kill the yellow aliens without dying. Debuff combo, root and lightning and nightmare... Seems to work fine.

Overall, more people will get chances for pinks, actually. It will be more fair.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 11-10-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

My team always locked and always looked for a balanced team of two bears, 2 birds and one Mage/pally or alternatively, two mages and 1 bird. And we only started rushing once we all could. We started off clearing the desert in victory lap bc we were tired of leveling at crush the keeper (that, if you ask me, is the bigger problem than rushing -- that only one level of ao3 gives fast enough exp to be bothered to play. That got boring fast, but at least you got exp to show for it. What now, for lvl 50s who have to clear mobs with no reward?).

I tried playing with the new update but I got bored very quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raxie View Post
    I agree. Never liked how folks who only rushed made the gameplay crap for the rest of us. I think the devs did a great job. I currently have no concerns with this latest update other than to admit that it could be quite expensive for some if you decide to delve into all it offers.
    TeflonTank ~ Lvl 48 Tank | TeflonBird ~ Lvl 45 Archer | DrVoodoo ~ Lvl 45 Mage | TeflonWizard ~ Lvl 50 INTBear | TeflonSniper ~ Lvl 48 DEXBear | TeflonHobbit ~ Lvl 47 DEXMage | MrVooDoo ~ Lvl 35 INTBirdie | Pink Market Here
    "Your words give great insight into who you are"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    i think that rushing was always bad for the game, and its one of the things that started a long downward spiral for PL.

Rushing started in the ancient swamps, when it wasn't actually rushing and more "witch farming." Granted that was a fun and somewhat social experience for awhile, but the best map pack in the history of PL has been the lost expedition and fathom crypt is a close runner up (cause thats where the bone gear came from during LE). These maps were fun, they ran smoothly, you NATURALLY couldn't rush the lost expedition because you would get killed by the mobs, and the experience was sociable, enjoyable, and did require some tanking and healing roles to be filled.

Nerfing the rush is a patch over for a flawed system. The problem is that 20 mobs chasing a player cant kill a warrior. That hasn't change at all. Its a long overdue quick fix to what is in fact an integral flaw in the class/stat/skill system and the NPC design. However nerfing the rush the way they did is still a positve change to the game, and will eventually help to restore some of the better aspects of PL

Ces't la vie.
    Well said. I admit I use to rush in order to keep up my gear since this game is so dependent on it. Given a choice I'd rather clear the dungeons. Overall agree its a positive change.

On a side note, I've noticed more level 50s joining Crush the Keeper late to take him out after the XP farmers have cleared most of the map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I sort of like the new update. I mean it brings back the PvE aspect of PL. Not just PvB (player vs boss) anymore. Adds importance to mages, decent tanks, and birds. Its really good IMO, but it just sort of arrived in a shock for me. It brought down the speed of the game so much (clearing, gathering good team, even buying tank pots or such for bosses take longer now) that it made it somewhat discouraging to play.

I really wish they'd be some sort of middle to make money. Not pink rares that brings you from rags to riches, but something like being able to farm pure gold better, with a hint of luck maybe? By that I mean "accessory" or "jewelery" drops that liquidate for some amount.

I still love playing PL though, just thoughts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Why not something like once you have done a full clear of a campaign say AO3 you get a token, you take that to a npc in towne that give you a backdoor key to the maps that allows you and only those that have a key in their inventory to start the map much closer to the boss, would this work ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    Why not something like once you have done a full clear of a campaign say AO3 you get a token, you take that to a npc in towne that give you a backdoor key to the maps that allows you and only those that have a key in their inventory to start the map much closer to the boss, would this work ?
    Isn't that what Victory Lap was until now? A reward for defeating all the bosses -- now you can get them all in one place. But without rushing, it's not much better than the full maps...