Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Inventory Slots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Default Inventory Slots

With this new update coming, I'm quite sure I won't/don't have enough inventory slots, especially if Essences will take up space. So, how much do the least amount of inventory slots cost? And how many slots do I get if I buy that? Don't have access to get in-game atm, and probably not all day either, so.....

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

sts need up the slot inventory for all users. we can't go with 25 slot. and this game have not Gold invitory slot only plat. i think theys need up maybe to 35-50 for all userwhen start..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Agree with the idea. Im ok with the new upgrade system but with how it would take up space in the future, considering there are different kinds of essenses, it would be really hard to farm essenses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I dont want to forcefully use plat to increase my inventory either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I mentioned the issue in the threads early on.
    You can't hold even 9 for each one with a minimal inventory. I think they are going to make essences like story tokens & gold--in your satchel. Especially with them being non-tradeable.
    Gems, however, should take up inventory space.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Both Essences and Gems do take up inventory space. We're aware of the issue and plotting our best course of action regarding it. Thanks for your input.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

A good place to start would be to make AP based Banners non-inventory. Or Allow Vanities to have their own inventory count.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Both Essences and Gems do take up inventory space. We're aware of the issue and plotting our best course of action regarding it. Thanks for your input.
    May I suggest like a "side" pouch, probably something like what jam, said below.

A pouch that holds only essences/gems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

My suggestion is that essences should not take any inv slots, only after you craft them into gems.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    My suggestion is that essences should not take any inv slots, only after you craft them into gems.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
    Agree. Essences should be like Story tokens or hauntlet coins

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Or maybe to be able to buy more inventory spaces with say, Story Tokens?

The reason that Essences take up space, like a real item, is because the Crafting System is designed in such a way that it can use other real items to craft stuff. This leaves the door open for a lot of exciting future developments. For example, maybe we allow you to take several Bronze Chests and combine them to make a Silver Chest?

Of course, this is all just talk at this point and none of the ideas I have expressed here are in development.

It does have the wrinkle of making inventory space and management more of an issue, which the Dev Team is aware of.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Samhayne

As said by u that 10 essences should be used to turn into 1 gem and at a time we can craft 5 items on any character so the min number of essences to get is 50 to turn into 5 gems....
    considering this we need atleast 10 slots empty so its better if u guys add upto 15 extra slots n
    I've a doubt

there are 3 kinds of gems n the essences collected by us differ from gem to gem?? I mean do we need to collect different essences for different gems?

then we should have atleast 30 slots extra that means u guys should increase slots upto 75 totally

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Prahasit Prahi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

The reason that Essences take up space, like a real item, is because the Crafting System is designed in such a way that it can use other real items to craft stuff. This leaves the door open for a lot of exciting future developments. For example, maybe we allow you to take several Bronze Chests and combine them to make a Silver Chest?

Of course, this is all just talk at this point and none of the ideas I have expressed here are in development.

It does have the wrinkle of making inventory space and management more of an issue, which the Dev Team is aware of.
    I still think a separate type of inventory slot for just Essences is reasonable and then have GEMS take up slot space.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I agree with keikali....do it kind of like wow with a crafting bag for all of your essences...say a one time fee of 50k gold gets you a 50 slot crafting bag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Wow crafting chests.... i like the sounds of that
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Story Tokens and Hauntlet coins are very underutilized in AL. I've suggested before that they be used as substitute for platinum (at a reasonable exchange rate), so that end game players have a reason to do their dailies more often, or allow the coins to be opened inside chests to mirror the plat you get in Locked crates (Locked Crates = Platinum, Free Chests = Story Tokens). Things like inventory, stashes, respecs and auction slots could all then be purchasable.

On topic - Essence sachels and are a great idea.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

story token to get more inv slot is good..

i think theys can be a combined item (u get 10x and u only see 1 item on ur inventory and say 10x with a little number. ) this can help with slots. and is good to put ''same items'' into 1.. (not with armors/accesory/wep)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

There needs to be subcategories or more slots. AL has grown beyond 250 spots! And why does the stash cost so much more than the inventory spots?
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Lol, just what? I asked what was the least amount of slots we can buy, and how much they cost!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Nobody wants to expand inventory space by 4 tokens per day...considering the costs in platinum...that's going to be a lot of tokens. Newer characters are going to be constantly full for their first 2-3 weeks at least. Newbies often struggle vs. Bael and can be stuck at 3 tokens for each day for a bit (as the fourth is in Kraag).
    That was a good thought, adding more use to story tokens, but it doesn't work when implemented.

Moving on...
    So, what you're saying (to a degree) is that there is a big flaw within the crafting system still. Please, for the sake of Uller's beard, do not release it until it is a properly functioning system for at least the very basic items to be involved--it'll be a huge mess when you then also start to integrate newer things. I think I speak on behalf the entire AL community when I say we'd much rather wait an extra month for things to be worked out.

With that all said, let's talk about a way to make what is already in development to be useable still:
    Make essences in the satchel. For this to work with the current system, all that has to be done is that when you first open the "crafting station" it'll prompt you with a window asking what you'd like to do: craft, combine items. Craft will open up your satchel for you to select essences and make them into gems. Combine will open your inventory. Well, as it stands, everything now works with the current system, since gems will be staying as an inventory item.

For future expansions of the system, when it's possible to craft 50 essences directly to an inventory item, just have it so you first select an item and then have a little button/tab that opens a small window that shows your satchel & you can add them in by...well, you know, pretty much the same way you would add gold to a trade.

I realize this could be slightly abused. One could amass thousands of essences and choose to hold off combining them, saving lots of inventory spaces. Just make a limit on how many can be held. That number is up to you. But I'll spit out some numbers to help you guys decide on the limit. Current limit is 25 spaces. That's 25 gems, meaning 250 essences. That's 83 of the 3 current kinds. 83 is a weird number. Going higher for a nice flat number isn't the way to go (that'd be giving away more inventory spaces). Lower it. 50 of each. That's 5 free spaces for gems, in a sense. After that, a player's has to start putting them to use, or just bypass their treasures. I think that total of 15 free spaces is fair. Most players can't stand the limited space they start with. And with more and more items & vanities going into the game...the "free spaces" are very fair. Everyone is hit with lvl cap banners, about to have the Halloween one, and a Thanksgiving & Christmas banner are likely coming...don't forget all the vanities being purchased with these events. Yea, it is plenty fair.

The alternative to our satchel would be what someone suggested: a pouch for them.
    50k is way too steep for a casual player, especially new ones. Gems and crafting are, traditionally, a way for newer/poor players to make some gold. Isn't there a Nott in Kraag who loves shiny things? He'll trade us a magical pouch that is capable of holding essences for some nice shinies...10 hauntlet coins, 10 story tokens, and 1,000 gold.

@kakashi sensei: stash spaces cost more than inventory spaces because it isn't a stash like in other games. Our stash isn't meant for extstorage spaces; it is there to give us the ability to be able to safely transfer items between our characters, rather than putting our trust into someone to hold onto it for a moment. So, with stash spaces, if you had 3 characters and bought 10 stash spaces, those spaces would then be available to all 3 characters--making it 30 spaces in a sense.
    Last edited by Morholt; 11-01-2013 at 04:10 PM.