Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the Midas Touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    No it wont stop! your dont under stand my point!

my point is it is not the 100m ap why people get scammed so stop blaming the AP!

there is not point in removing the AP STS should do or implement rules about scamming Issue.

BTW when you gave it by trade its not scammed because you yourself are aware of lending them the gold.

no matter what court you will go if you go to sts rules it is your fault for lending him the gold!
    Yes, I somewhat agree, the 100 mil AP is not why people get scammed, BUT it is partially the reason why and how people get scammed.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

In my opinion:
    I have to say ppl got scammed for this AP is not because of the careless, but because of the trust.
    After all;, this is just a game, even u lost 100m, it wont change lots for your life. Aso , in real life , I think everyone will be Cautious enough to lend others money.

you could say they got scammed because of careless.
    But I would say they are really good guys who are willing to help friends. And I also believe that before they loan gold to others they must think of the risk , but they still choose to trust their friends.
    And this AP also push the potential scammers to be the real scammers, lets say 90% wont scam if they have a chance to scam 10m, how about 50m?maybe 85% wont scam...then how about
    100m? 80% wont scam?...I hope you understand my point....

Lol they can still scammed arcane staff, arcane maul ect ect.

hey im your office for 6 months now. can i borrow you maul for pictures!

just like what happen to EOS one of paulsibe officer run away with the MAUL you think this is worth 10m that
    time???

dont make this AP as an excuse of your carelessness!

or maybe we should banned all arcane weapons because i know a lot of people got scammed and borrowed arcane items and run away!

come guys think!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Yes, I somewhat agree, the 100 mil AP is not why people get scammed, BUT it is partially the reason why and how people get scammed.
    the 100m is an excuse for scammers to borrow money and it is also the same excuse in borrowing items like arcane maul, staff ect.

So to end the story if you let them borrow its your on will and you are aware of letting this people borrow, so its your responsibility.

thats it dont make the story long its your fault and no need to hassle and complain on forums removing AP bec. he or she got scammed due this AP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

the 100m is an excuse for scammers to borrow money and it is also the same excuse in borrowing items like arcane maul, staff ect.

So to end the story if you let them borrow its your on will and you are aware of letting this people borrow, so its your responsibility.

thats it dont make the story long its your fault and no need to hassle and complain on forums removing AP bec. he or she got scammed due this AP.
    I didn't say that it wasn't someone's responsibility when lending or trading your maul/whatevers, I just said the 100 mil AP is another method of scamming, and by removing that AP, it can somewhat minimize the scamming. I'm still not sure why you're so defensive as to why this AP shouldn't be removed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    In my opinion:
    I have to say ppl got scammed for this AP is not because of the careless, but because of the trust.
    After all;, this is just a game, even u lost 100m, it wont change lots for your life. Aso , in real life , I think everyone will be Cautious enough to lend others money.

you could say they got scammed because of careless.
    But I would say they are really good guys who are willing to help friends. And I also believe that before they loan gold to others they must think of the risk , but they still choose to trust their friends.
    And this AP also push the potential scammers to be the real scammers, lets say 90% wont scam if they have a chance to scam 10m, how about 50m?maybe 85% wont scam...then how about
    100m? 80% wont scam?...I hope you understand my point....
    you said it your self before you lend them the money you already know the risk! so stop yapping! in removing the AP.
    by the way before you lend to anyone, STS clearly stated this on the rules and regulation.
    so you know rules and you know when they run away you cant get it back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

I didn't say that it wasn't someone's responsibility when lending or trading your maul/whatevers, I just said the 100 mil AP is another method of scamming, and by removing that AP, it can somewhat minimize the scamming. I'm still not sure why you're so defensive as to why this AP shouldn't be removed.
    ohh what if i say! Arcane weapon is also another method of scamming, can we removed all arcane then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

ohh what if i say! Arcane weapon is also another method of scamming, can we removed all arcane then?

i knew a lof of people got there arcane items scammed! its worth 50m and more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

But that's a different story...
    Arcane weapons are something that cannot and should not be removed, but this AP on the other hand, can be and possible should be removed.
    It's called aggregate bias.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Sprtcuz, I agree we will not get rid of scammers, but this risk will be minimized. Also by spreading the word around, people are more and more aware of it.

But if we continue with these big temptations, we give them a big chance to be present in game more and more.

And yes, one of my officers scammed a maul and everyone knows who he is, and mostly his reputation is f...ed due to this, he always leave the room in PVP when I join, and other EOS officers join cause he can't face it.

He got what he deserved. So he is running and hiding in game, people doesn't like him and dunno if he likes playing the game this way.... (even if he say he doesn't care, I don't think so) (Event more than 2 months past since he scammed, I will always follow and present his scam reputation so people will always be aware of this guy) ( and he scammed a member)

So I think with removing this AP, we minimize a lot the risk of losing 100 mil. Losing 1-2-3-10 mil still can make you survive, but losing 100 mil makes you instantly quit.

In this point I agree with community and I vote for getting rid of this crap APs which doesn't prove you are rich or good in any way, is just a stupid APs which makes you shaking if you wanna help your friends lmao

Thanks to Sam / Just and Delphina for their replies in this thread, I am also glad this thread was kept clean and no fights. I hope more and more will agree that these APs are stupid and STS will take an action as soon as possible.

REMOVE 50 mil and 100 mil APs! Thanks!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulsebi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsebi View Post
    Sprtcuz, I agree we will not get rid of scammers, but this risk will be minimized. Also by spreading the word around, people are more and more aware of it.

But if we continue with these big temptations, we give them a big chance to be present in game more and more.

And yes, one of my officers scammed a maul and everyone knows who he is, and mostly his reputation is f...ed due to this, he always leave the room in PVP when I join, and other EOS officers join cause he can't face it.

He got what he deserved. So he is running and hiding in game, people doesn't like him and dunno if he likes playing the game this way.... (even if he say he doesn't care, I don't think so) (Event more than 2 months past since he scammed, I will always follow and present his scam reputation so people will always be aware of this guy) ( and he scammed a member)

So I think with removing this AP, we minimize a lot the risk of losing 100 mil. Losing 1-2-3-10 mil still can make you survive, but losing 100 mil makes you instantly quit.

In this point I agree with community and I vote for getting rid of this crap APs which doesn't prove you are rich or good in any way, is just a stupid APs which makes you shaking if you wanna help your friends lmao

Thanks to Sam / Just and Delphina for their replies in this thread, I am also glad this thread was kept clean and no fights. I hope more and more will agree that these APs are stupid and STS will take an action as soon as possible.

Took these word right out of my mouth... Congratulation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

I SHOULD SAY ITS VERY ANNOYING THEY BANNED YOU DUE TO TRASH TALKING AND HARASSING THE PEOPLE WHO SCAMMED YOU.

WHILE STS CANT BANNED THE PEOPLE WHO SCAMMED YOU LOL.

very disappointing the people who spend the most got banned while the people who scammed love is freely playing now.

removing this AP will only make the scam pot money smaller but wont solved any problems.

they are still a lot of ways like can i borrow your arcane maul for pictures! bla bla bla!

no one will get scammed if you wont let your self scammed!

its your choice to let him borrow so deal with it!

nice JOB STS!
    Woot!you got MY attention,perhaps its sufficient for what you seek in forums.

You can keep your ap pal.its not worth it to debate further.the dev has spoken.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsebi View Post

So your saying its ok to lose a maul or arcane mage staff is that it? what is the difference. ohh yah you wont be scammed for 100m but you can be scammed for 50-60m arcane staff.

Removing the AP is not the solution, STS need to do changes in this game,why would we go to minimize and not suggest for a solution instead? on how to punish this people.

I think its better if you guys suggest to STS to make a solution about scamming rather than removing the AP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

to remove the midas ap is too much...unfair i must say. what about the players who worked so hard and spent a lot of money just to get that ap? u cant just make them pay too just because of one person's fault.

i dont think removing the 50-100m ap would help decrease the scamming issue in this game. scammers are everywhere, and midas ap is not all they wanna scam. they could scam expensive items too. but u wouldnt be a victim of scamming if u r careful.

i got scammed too but i couldnt blame anyone or anything just to cover up my mistake coz it was my fault for being so careless. nobody could scam if nobody would let himself be scammed.

its a matter of self responsibility.

what happened to your friend is a lesson to all of us. just be more careful next time. but still, its so unfair for us all to be affected with what happened to him/her. ty

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mommyjane For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

So your saying its ok to lose a maul or arcane mage staff is that it? what is the difference. ohh yah you wont be scammed for 100m but you can be scammed for 50-60m arcane staff.

Removing the AP is not the solution, STS need to do changes in this game,,why would we go to minimize and not suggest for a solution instead? on how to punish this people.

I think its better if you guys suggest to STS to make a solution about scamming rather than removing the AP
    If you're talking about looking for a solution to the different scamming activities, then the first step is highlighted = MINIMIZATION

It's a no brainer that if you want to solve a problem, you determine the catalysts (possible contributors) and do something about it.
    duck dynasty falls

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Removing the AP is not the solution, STS need to do changes in this game,why would we go to minimize and not suggest for a solution instead? on how to punish this people.

Dude, I don't know how many times I have to emphasize this, but NOBODY said that it was ok to scam a maul or an arcane staff. It was just stated, that by removing the 100 mil AP, it will minimize the scamming.
    100 mil gold > 10 mil gold AND 100 mil gold > Maul or kersh staff

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Dude, I don't know how many times I have to emphasize this, but NOBODY said that it was ok to scam a maul or an arcane staff. It was just stated, that by removing the 100 mil AP, it will minimize the scamming.
    100 mil gold > 10 mil gold AND 100 mil gold > Maul or kersh staff
    Yes totally agree! The best words for this thread : " MINIMIZE SCAMMING TEMPTATIONS"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I wonder how do arcane items compare to 100M gold.

For Midas touch, good guildies are motivated to help another guildmate to get the AP (and perhaps help overall guild ranking).

Now, what on Earth can make me to give arcane item off my hands? I can think of only one reason - to help guildmate to be stronger in pvp and get those kills and flags.

As generous as I am, there are perhaps 2-3 people in the game I would lend arcane weapon to (if I had it). And I would never expect or beg anybody to lend an arcane item to me.

Let's keep this thread focused - Asset APs above filthy rich are not achievements showing your gaming skills - they rather show your ability to persuade other people to give you gold.

I don't think there are many madmen who bought 100M of gold for RL money to get couple of ASCII characters attached to their name.

I don't have Midas Touch (and I will probably never have) but I see many respected players and guildmasters who have the title Midas Touch lobbying in favor of its cancellation. So, probably they have a point, don't you think?

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demonassa View Post
    IMO, it would be wise to remove something which acted as a catalyst for scams. Prevention is better than cure. So yes, STS please listen to the community by large and remove these gold Achievements. Thanks.
    This sums it up. And the people arguing against are thinking about themselves and not the bigger picture, I have this AP and I am on the lb just! I could also say I opened crates merched hard farmed hard to get it, Would I ask sts for my money and TIME back? Absolutely not. Having 100m is an achievement within itself for gods sake. At the end of the day if taking this temptation out of the game and protecting our community I am all for it .... Yes there is other scams but this is a start of making AL a safer place. And with what Demonassa said Prevention is better than a cure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post

For Midas touch, good guildies are motivated to help another guildmate to get the AP (and perhaps help overall guild ranking).

Now, what on Earth can make me to give arcane item off my hands? I can think of only one reason - to help guildmate to be stronger in pvp and get those kills and flags.

As generous as I am, there are perhaps 2-3 people in the game I would lend arcane weapon to (if I had it). And I would never expect or beg anybody to lend an arcane item to me.

Let's keep this thread focused - Asset APs above filthy rich are not achievements showing your gaming skills - they rather show your ability to persuade other people to give you gold.

I don't think there are many madmen who bought 100M of gold for RL money to get couple of ASCII characters attached to their name.

I don't have Midas Touch (and I will probably never have) but I see many respected players and guildmasters who have the title Midas Touch lobbying in favor of its cancellation. So, probably they have a point, don't you think?
    Generally speaking, although arcane items are worth a lot, they don't go up to 100 mil, maybe 60-70 mil for the kersh staff at the very most, but about lending the item, IMO, you start getting 'attached' to the item. Sounds ridiculous, but hey, it happens.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post

Out of thanks Queen, but you summed it all up! +5