Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the Midas Touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Generally speaking, although arcane items are worth a lot, they don't go up to 100 mil, maybe 60-70 mil for the kersh staff at the very most, but about lending the item, IMO, you start getting 'attached' to the item. Sounds ridiculous, but hey, it happens.
    I can imagine how hard it is to give arcane weapon back. I know that I am potentially losing money by not selling Razorbacks while the price is still soaring but I can't imagine selling them despite 5 requests a day

And now I can only imagine (back to Emm's Donkey) how it feels to have 100M on my account - at least 2 seasons of comfortable gameplay secured (neglecting the fact that one becomes an outlaw).

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    I can imagine how hard it is to give arcane weapon back. I know that I am potentially losing money by not selling Razorbacks while the price is still soaring but I can't imagine selling them despite 5 requests a day

And now I can only imagine (back to Emm's Donkey) how it feels to have 100M on my account - at least 2 seasons of comfortable gameplay secured (neglecting the fact that one becomes an outlaw).
    The donkey has to come out lol
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  19.7 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    I wonder how do arcane items compare to 100M gold.

For Midas touch, good guildies are motivated to help another guildmate to get the AP (and perhaps help overall guild ranking).

Now, what on Earth can make me to give arcane item off my hands? I can think of only one reason - to help guildmate to be stronger in pvp and get those kills and flags.

As generous as I am, there are perhaps 2-3 people in the game I would lend arcane weapon to (if I had it). And I would never expect or beg anybody to lend an arcane item to me.

Let's keep this thread focused - Asset APs above filthy rich are not achievements showing your gaming skills - they rather show your ability to persuade other people to give you gold.

I don't think there are many madmen who bought 100M of gold for RL money to get couple of ASCII characters attached to their name.

I don't have Midas Touch (and I will probably never have) but I see many respected players and guildmasters who have the title Midas Touch lobbying in favor of its cancellation. So, probably they have a point, don't you think?

Banned the Midad Touch so no careless people will scammed by 100m and just be scammed with a few arcane items.

What can say paul already admit above on his post a fellow officer run with maul and i think it did not happen once but more than that.

@Emma prevention is better than cure, Yes i would its true then dont let anyone borrow your stuff to be prevent them scamming you.

Very simple, if no one will let other people borrow no one will get scammed.

FYI a lot of people let there friends borrow arcane items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

the community has spoken and i support it. BAN this 100m gold/50m gold ap! this ap is pointless.. it only give suffering to the people who cares about helping their friends for the exchange for what... getting scammed!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrueOrigin View Post
    Gah.. Midas Touch, the accident waiting to happen. So at some point, the game devs decided it would be a good idea to introduce the 50/100m AP. It was patched in at a time when many were still struggling to get to 10m. The reaction was overwhelmingly negative as players anticipated where it would lead to. But that reaction wasn't big enough to basically get Sam to respond the way he did in this thread. And what we said would happen did happen.. now we're upset again. We wait for a big badaboom and then everyone flies into reaction (reaction not action).

There seems to be a few levels of denial happening with both gamers and game devs.. loosely grouped it into 2 points :

1) For the most part, STS has absolved itself from the responsibility of restoring stolen/accidentally NPC-ed items. But it seems to lack consistency in this area too - you'll hear of one friend getting their item restored and another getting turned away.. even though it's the exact same scenario. Maybe a lack of SOP (standard operating procedure). So in a way, it's like not acknowledging that the scale of the problem requires its own solution, and fast. Free-to-play, but many of us are still paying customers. That, and the timing of introducing the 50/100m AP - I'll leave u to draw ur own conclusions. With any profit-driven corporation, there is no incentive to invest in/fix anything that does not have a direct impact on the superficial figures. This is the real world we've inherited, so we kinda have to acknowledge certain things before we can really roll with it.

2) Gamers still not protecting ourselves enough, going by trust basis. Sorry but as long as you're not able to go down the street and knock on that guy's door, you're setting yourself up for disappointment with plain old trust. Here, we're not acknowledging our social limits. It's not that there are more bad/good people online than in the real world; The online world simply removes certain barriers so, while it lets us experience a kind of alternate reality, we also get to see where we truly stand socially (or depending on how u understand the world, u could substitute the word for "spiritually"). We get upset because our shiny new bling ("advancements" in technology we call it) fools us into thinking we've gotten farther. But we haven't. How we look on the outside sometimes just gets in the way of what we wanna achieve - (for the younger gals, Cameron Russell probably said it best recently). There's gotta be a balance between self-achievement and group achievement, I think this needs to be worked on. Also, we may be upset but our overall spend/pattern of behaviour is unlikely to change - some may boycott, some will truly work for change like the cheeses (yay) - most will just pretend to get upset, echo a few lines, to conform with what's socially acceptable but stand on the sidelines with hands in pockets. If there were more unity in thought and action, we would be able to achieve anything. ^^

Unfortunately it's always tended to be like this, if it didn't happen to this friend it would happen to someone else. Sorry if I sound a bit blasé, not that I lack passion abt it.. I've just seen too many similar situations happen across different platforms. Most of us are too distracted and busy chasing the next personal achievement to do it differently.. to do stuff that counts. Maybe we're confused about what counts.. maybe that's what we need to figure out. We can't have our cake and eat it, too. Hey I'm still figuring this part out, too.

In the meantime, there are ways to safeguard ourselves. I think this lovely thread and the lovely people who responded here is a good start ^^v Agh.. ok, that's probably enough from me. ._. Hope at least some of this was useful! Love u guys.
    Thanks for your lovely reply Trueorigins.

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Here's my version of this.

These AP's could stay if STS actually enforced some rules into their own game instead of letting scammers run wild.
    I can honestly say this now as I'm no longer part of the game but what kind of online game doesn't punish scammers? even with all the player testimonies, and concrete evidence provided, and amount of supports sent in, to this day these scammers are still running wild (and frankly they're proud of their accomplishments)

The removal of Midas Touch is just weak on all of you. Instead of asking for the removal of these kind of APs (which always exists in one shape or form in any MMO), you guys should be persuading the devs to do something about the scammers.

Arn't you guys all forgetting why people play MMOs? It's b/c it's a never ending game with limitless possibilities and with the removal of all the wealth achievements you guys are really putting this game a step backwards. Most of this game revolves around money and the players who've legitimately earned their gold who feel accomplished and want to be awarded for their achievements.

In many of my personal reports to STS, the one thing I highlighted was the fact that b/c STS put too much emphasis on "it's not our fault if you lose your gold/items in the trade window" even if you've got a verbal contractual promise/agreement with the other party. B/c of this scamming has become a way of "easy money".
    Why? because you can befriend someone and take their stuff afterwords and run scotch free.

So shoudld you guys let a few scammers ruin it for all of you?
    From what I see the primary outlying problem of this thread are scammers and not this particular set of APs.

=====
    *off topic & bit personal (for those curious)

What got me banned (& furthermore non-appealable) were as a result of scammers and my "harassment" towards this scammer (whom you all know).

*if STS is reading this, I suggest you guys implement equality and fair treatment before you permanently ban a player b/c from my point of view (and many can vouch for me), I got myself banned b/c of harassment yet they were the ones who scammed me and continued to harass, lie, cheat, spread rumours, and even distribute my personal information.

Blocking players in this game is most DEFINITELY NOT the best solution when:

- the report buttons broken
    - /r command still replies to blocked players
    which drove me crazy when kill _ _ _ _ spammed me on a daily basis preventing me from doing my daily merching
    - some of these individuals have the power to persuade a group of players to believe their side of the story to wage a war against you in many shapes and forms
    - in my case few of these players decides it'll be fun to spam my SKYPE username and personal location in public chat to many of those who dislikes me
    - and finally (to my disappointment in this company) their ignorance in these such cases. They tell you to contact support but what do you do when support ignores you for months?

I took it into my own hands in the end (and I think I acted within the acceptable boundaries) but obviously I went overboard and it seemed to have worked against me.
    Really does suck when scammers win at the end of the day doesn't it?
    Thanks for your input.

In response to both of your replies i would like to say the following:

Myself and Emma sat down and talked to many people about this AP, what implications it is having within the game, and why it would be a good idea to abolish. Our argument is based on personal experiences and the experiences to those close to us that have been directly affected by THIS AP.

I agree that STS IMHO do not do as much as they could do to police the issue. There are many aspects of this game that IMO need addressing so that players are made to feel safer, the 'Buy Back' system is a good example of this. In reality though have they got the man power? I understand that there are only a handful of people that run STS and for this reason i'm always kind of sympathetic. Thats not to say i excuse the lack of policing, but i do understand that they are swamped by other things like the actual development of the game which in all honesty SHOULD be their main focus.

What ourselves and others are suggesting is the you remove the carrot. It is not a solution to the problem, but it is a start. With the benefit being that there would be no reason to even think about trading that sort of money. As pointed out by Daddyblu there are other expensive items in the game, namely the arcane staff. This is used on a few replies as an example of another way to lose a substantial gold within game. I do not agree with this. The main reason people within guilds lend this money is to get the AP and to boost the guilds and that certain individuals ranking. Borrowing an arcane staff won't get you an AP. I don't even think i need to expand on this point anymore.

In response to peoples comments about the victims being at fault, i would like you to remember the following:
    HUMANITY
    • Humanity (virtue), a set of strengths focused on "tending and befriending others"

We are all human. its in our nature to help and befriend others. True some of us do not hold the same values as others which in turn causes huge issues. But those who have been scammed certainly do not need to be penalised for it. They are already the victims.

Removing the AP wont get rid of the greed and the scammers. But it will take away a reason for someone to 'give' an obscene amount of gold to someone..... And thats a step in the right direction.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DexterityX View Post
    the community has spoken and i support it. BAN this 100m gold/50m gold ap! this ap is pointless.. it only give suffering to the people who cares about helping their friends for the exchange for what... getting scammed!?
    there are more than 10k players who played this game.

in this tread maybe around 100+ who support to banned the midas touch. so do think the is already the community? LOL

maybe around 5k players dont have a forums account and i know a lot of plat used dont use forums .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

How about 100000 plat buy xD
    Get 100 million
    Lets buy plat for STG.. )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I'm sure sts will be able to go through your log daddyblu and refund your plat back from your conversion to gold (whilst taking that gold) then refunding you for the plat you have left from it. But then you won't have all those 99999999's looking at you when you open your inventory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post

in this tread maybe around 100+ who support to banned the midas touch. so do think the is already the community? LOL

maybe around 5k players dont have a forums account and i know a lot of plat used dont use forums .
    Your main concern here is that you will be knocked off the lb if this is removed .... Well we have spoke to many of the lb players and they just DONT CARE. The love for the game and community is superior to 200 AP's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    Your main concern here is that you will be knocked off the lb if this is removed .... Well we have spoke to many of the lb players and they just DONT CARE. The love for the game and community is superior to 200 AP's
    No its not about that.

It is not our fault your friends made a mistake. As i said 100m ap is not the reason why people got scammed.
    its there carelessness, there own fault ect ect.

event with out 100m AP a lot of scammer will still try to scam you.

Ohh i remember one guy try to scammed you Arcane Mage Staff and you made a tread also on this one.

this one is worth 70m

Always remember if you are the one who let them borrow not us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    How about 100000 plat buy xD
    Get 100 million
    Lets buy plat for STG.. )
    Lmao, link you f...er, you always make my day! ))

Back to the thread discussion.

Sprtcuz, please understand nobody has something with you, but it seems most share the same idea. I understand you worked hard for the APs but you are not the only one who did it.

Let community speaks, let people share their opinion, I'm sure if there are people who thinks like you, they will share their opinion.

So far, 98% from people who shared their opinion here are against the 50 mil and 100 mil APs. If STS remove this, for sure the scamming temptation will be reduced. That's the point.

We all have our own opinion and STS listen the majority. Here the majority asked for removing these APs.

So I hope more and more will share their opinion. I will post day by day in my guild thread and I will request people to share their opinion ( maybe they want to be removed, maybe not). That's why this thread was made so everyone is free to share their point of view regarding this APs.

In life is the same : the majority decide! So let's see people opinion and I'm sure no matter in what direction the majority will go, STS will be with them!

Thanks again to everyone who shared their opinion regarding this APs!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paulsebi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

No its not about that.

It is not our fault your friends made a mistake. As i said 100m ap is not the reason why people got scammed.

Ohh i remember one guy try to scammed you Arcane Mage Staff and you made a tread also on this one.

this one is worth 70m

Yes he did try to take me staff? Lol and? If I remember you supported him too (what does that say about your character) ... This player is now perma banned from forums and ingame. By removing him STS have made AL a little safer. And yes dude you admitted that it was because of the LB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsebi View Post
    Lmao, link you f...er, you always make my day! ))

Back to the thread discussion.

Sprtcuz, please understand nobody has something with you, but it seems most share the same idea. I understand you worked hard for the APs but you are not the only one who did it.

Let community speaks, let people share their opinion, I'm sure if there are people who thinks like you, they will share their opinion.

So far, 98% from people who shared their opinion here are against the 50 mil and 100 mil APs. If STS remove this, for sure the scamming temptation will be reduced. That's the point.

We all have our own opinion and STS listen the majority. Here the majority asked for removing these APs.

So I hope more and more will share their opinion. I will post day by day in my guild thread and I will request people to share their opinion ( maybe they want to be removed, maybe not). That's why this thread was made so everyone is free to share their point of view regarding this APs.

In life is the same : the majority decide! So let's see people opinion and I'm sure no matter in what direction the majority will go, STS will be with them!

Thanks again to everyone who shared their opinion regarding this APs!
    OK pauly it let be your way, cant argue with you my friend.

This will be the last post before i got burned by few friends who already pm me :P.

My point is don't let other people borrow your gold or items just because you know them for 5-7 months.

you dont know them in real life, they will scammed you still. 5 to 1 year is not enuf to know his true colors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

No its not about that.

this one is worth 70m

Read my post and check the bit about humanity.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Well john,

A lot of LB players don't have it and it is one of our advantage since i don't have flag AP we started playing on Season 3.

A lot of LB players remain on people because they started long ago. No way you can catch up on 50-70k pvp kills, 500k PVE kills LOL! its not that they are that good they just started ahead of us.

In short John this AP is worth 300AP 10m,50m,100m with out this i wont be on top 15 warrior LOL!

Me and my friends spend a lot of USD for this game to get that AP.

Im sorry for the people who was scammed but as STS always say never share or trust anyone.
    And here it is ...... You really do contradict yourself so much :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...117-100m-title

This ap was suggested by a player - with minimal support, no one seriously thought it can go live, everyone was joking in the thread - and removing is suggested by another player with much more support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post

This ap was suggested by a player - with minimal support, no one seriously thought it can go live, everyone was joking in the thread - and removing is suggested by another player with much more support.
    Hali I wubs you! Haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

HURTS

all the hard torturous work to get that ap is pointless now? cant believe it. losing the midas ap is like losing all the hard times we've gone through to acquire it and throwing them on trash...and its just because of one player who has been irresponsible with his wealth ,w/c is very unacceptable on our part.
    we'll see then if it would help minimize and resolve the scamming issue in the long run. but i doubt it. there are lots of other solution to minimize the problem, not this one. unfair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post

OMG this guy pustolate1 is ING CTF i wonder what comes to his mind to have a 100m AP

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...mms-7m-ign-CTF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mommyjane View Post
    HURTS

all the hard torturous work to get that ap is pointless now? cant believe it. losing the midas ap is like losing all the hard times we've gone through to acquire it and throwing them on trash...and its just because of one player who has been irresponsible with his wealth ,w/c is very unacceptable on our part.
    we'll see then if it would help minimize and resolve the scamming issue in the long run. but i doubt it. there are lots of other solution to minimize the problem, not this one. unfair.
    Wait I thought you and daddyblu converted plat to gold for AP? Dam all that clicking musta hurt your finger. Pleaseeee stop contradicting yourself guys .... GOSH it's getting old :/