Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the Midas Touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Nobody will investigate. That's why they say they WILL NOT give your items back if you give them away.

It is hard. And it is possible. But its not realistic. And its not worth it from a resource standpoint. That's why STS says "No". Its YOUR responsibility to keep control of your things. Don't lend things you aren't willing to lose forever. To anyone. Its YOUR responsibility. And I don't think STS should waste their time returning items. The people that loaned them should learn from their mistakes and the "scammers" should be banned.

Out of curiousity... what other Mobile MMOs do it? IMO, its a perfectly valid disclaimer.

EDIT: I mean the general you. Not you personally.
    Good thing it never did happened to you, try putting yourself on the shoes of the victims, do you not atleast hope to get your items back which you lost by just doing a kind deed of helping a "guildie or a so called friend". Yes, STS is right, it is our responsibility because it is our own items/gold. We have the sole discretion of lending it to other people. You see, not all people here are too careful, some people are too trustful, and some scammers are too SKILLFUL, they earn those "cautious people's" trust and then do it. So what you're trying to say is that those victims should just move on and get over with it? Blame themselves for being a fool? With no more chance of obtaining their hard earned gold/items back?

I did not say other MOBILE MMOs, I said MMOs in general. Sprtcuz already mentioned an example, and there are more MMOs around that also have the capability of ensuring that their players are well supported and heard off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

you hit the nail on the head mate, nice post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We do have rules. We do perma-ban scammers. I personally banned about 50 last week.

The OP has a good point about the Gold APs. Both Sam and I have told you that we are listening.

In the meantime, be careful out there!
    Sir Justg.. Good to know, there is Someone there, who ban those creatures.. I proved scam for 5 m.. and scammer is still freeely in game

Thank You, for that, at least You are guarding punishments for those.

I appreciate Your suppourt to Us, and to this thread.
    Deadroth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skaunared View Post
    Good thing it never did happened to you, try putting yourself on the shoes of the victims, do you not atleast hope to get your items back which you lost by just doing a kind deed of helping a "guildie or a so called friend". Yes, STS is right, it is our responsibility because it is our own items/gold. We have the sole discretion of lending it to other people. You see, not all people here are too careful, some people are too trustful, and some scammers are too SKILLFUL, they earn those "cautious people's" trust and then do it. So what you're trying to say is that those victims should just move on and get over with it? Blame themselves for being a fool? With no more chance of obtaining their hard earned gold/items back?

I did not say other MOBILE MMOs, I said MMOs in general. Sprtcuz already mentioned an example, and there are more MMOs around that also have the capability of ensuring that their players are well supported and heard off.
    I would never be in those shoes. If I lend an item, I do it with the understanding that I might not see it again. If I lend gold, I never ask for it back. If they give it back, I'm happy. If not, oh well.

And yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. They should move on and learn from their mistakes. The only "scam" that I think is legit is the trade window scam. Playing tricks on people's eyes in a tiny little trade window is a dirty game. THOSE people, if they can prove it, should get their things back.

Well, this is a mobile MMO. I'm sure you're aware that the staff for those other games (Blizzard, Sony, etc) are MUCH larger than STS. Naturally, they can handle more.
    Last edited by Rare; 11-06-2013 at 11:01 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I would never be in those shoes. If I lend an item, I do it with the understanding that I might not see it again. If I lend gold, I never ask for it back. If they give it back, I'm happy. If not, oh well.

And yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. They should move on and learn from their mistakes. The only "scam" that I think is legit is the trade window scam. Playing tricks on people's eyes in a tiny little trade window is a dirty game.

Well, this is a mobile MMO. I'm sure you're aware that the staff for those other games (Blizzard, Sony, etc) are MUCH larger than STS. Naturally, they can handle more.
    Sadly bro, not all people think like you. These people are too kind-hearted lend their items in order to help others and ofcourse, they do hope that they get it back. Lending is different from giving.

Also, this game is becoming bigger, why not make the support large enough to handle the population.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Ik this was said, but i need to repeat it. I won't look over what u said in last 6 pages i missed in one night.

Thing with this AP, no one wants ur hard worked or how ever raised gold to be a waste. Its just with this ap, people ask to loan that big amount of gold, if there wasn't this ap no one would even get an idea to ask for that big amount. U may be adults and smart people to not be scammed, but there r kids in this game, lets not forget, kids who worked hard as u or even harder because they can't pay plat. Then there r those adults or kids who will scam, now when the naive hard working kid meets those type of scammers, who will be friends with them, who will help them till point where they know they will get gold if they asked(for ap, which gives them excuse to even ask) and then they scam that kid, or it doesn't even have to be kid, i know adults who trust people they r friends with.
    Unfortunately i know this from my own experience. Im person who trusts a lot to people i been hanging out a lot n talking with, n i got scammed.
    I also know couple of players, 15 n below years, who been scammed by their "friend"

Here its not problem about ap, its what ap does. It gives excuse to those people to ask gold. N then many people r hurt. N trust me if ur really hard worked gold gets stolen by someone u thought is ur friend. It hurts n its devastating n makes u wanna quit game.

U can keep ur title, but make ap gone now, forever, because this is just start, i bet next season things will be even more awful when there r more people with that amount of gold. I think it should be removed forever so it doesn't give crazy ideas to some people.

<Pride>

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hinataa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Hi guys, I've been gone from the forum for a few days, and do not have time to read this long thread other than the first post. But I said this a while ago, the idea of this AP is good, but the implementation is bad. No achievement should be structured so that you can borrow items or gold from friends to get the achievement. That is just bad implementation, besides the fact that the achievement means nothing if you can just borrow from friends to get it.

What they should have done is make it so that you need to have the gold for some extended period of time, perhaps in your stash. Maybe eliminate these two achievements and instead make 2 new achievements where if you have 50m or 100m gold in your stash for 10 days straight then you are granted the achievement. By making it required for 10 days, nobody is going to loan all their gold out for 10 full days, so you will eliminate this sort of scamming.

Or maybe someone else has a good idea. But there is surely a way to implement this in such a way as to make it so you cannot borrow to get this achievement. I do think this sort of achievement should exist though. Some of us are merchants and if you are going to give achievements for pve and pvp, then you should also give achievements for merching as that is also a major part of this game for many of us.

Love brought up this idea a while ago, but maybe a better merching achievement would instead be to keep track of total auction fees paid, or total sales made in the auction. I wouldn't be opposed to that either. But I would like to see some sort of merching achievements.

But I do agree that the way this is currently implemented is poor and having the achievement proves nothing except that you have good friends.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Maybe make trade limited to like 40mil gold per day? Or smth like that dunno just idea...
    Last edited by Hinataa; 11-06-2013 at 11:26 AM.

<Pride>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hinataa View Post
    Maybe make thing like u can only trade like 40mil gold per day? Or smth like that dunno just idea...

Erm... No.. Price of Scepter will fall down then. No, no and no 'firewalls' of trading, just think, about, how to 'improve' or kick out this 2 aps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadroth View Post

Erm... No.. Price of Scepter will fall down then. No, no and no 'firewalls' of trading, just think, about, how to 'improve' or kick out this 2 aps.
    I seriously think we shouldn't even have items that high priced:3

<Pride>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Hi guys, I've been gone from the forum for a few days, and do not have time to read this long thread other than the first post. But I said this a while ago, the idea of this AP is good, but the implementation is bad. No achievement should be structured so that you can borrow items or gold from friends to get the achievement. That is just bad implementation, besides the fact that the achievement means nothing if you can just borrow from friends to get it.

What they should have done is make it so that you need to have the gold for some extended period of time, perhaps in your stash. Maybe eliminate these two achievements and instead make 2 new achievements where if you have 50m or 100m gold in your stash for 10 days straight then you are granted the achievement. By making it required for 10 days, nobody is going to loan all their gold out for 10 full days, so you will eliminate this sort of scamming.

Or maybe someone else has a good idea. But there is surely a way to implement this in such a way as to make it so you cannot borrow to get this achievement. I do think this sort of achievement should exist though. Some of us are merchants and if you are going to give achievements for pve and pvp, then you should also give achievements for merching as that is also a major part of this game for many of us.

Love brought up this idea a while ago, but maybe a better merching achievement would instead be to keep track of total auction fees paid, or total sales made in the auction. I wouldn't be opposed to that either. But I would like to see some sort of merching achievements.

But I do agree that the way this is currently implemented is poor and having the achievement proves nothing except that you have good friends.
    As i mentioned back on post #349, whether you change something with the ap (the way you get it or how my aps it gives) or just get rid of it, its still going to have a downside to someone out there. Its already been agreed that if the ap is done away with it will hurt those that bought plat to get it. But it will also hurt if you change the way you get it. Those that had the 100m then may have used it by now, and would have to work again to get it. Including those that not only bought with plat, but also those that worked by farming and merching. Their work or money used before could be useless to getting the ap if changed. Whether it be something like i mentioned on #349 or something different, again, i think the best way to solve this now would be finding a way outside of changing the achievement.
    Last edited by Sleepdeprived; 11-06-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azepeiete View Post
    I like the donkey and the carrot pic.

Oh and ban Midas touch good idea too
    Lol you know you want it ....and for the last time .......

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  19.7 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

We're listening.
    Actions speak louder than words.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Haha, read the previous posts bud. Some of made some great suggestions already and I also suggested the stash for a period of time option.

I'm sure they'll figure something out. Many great suggestions made in the last pages of this thread

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I agree with the OP. Get rid of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I agree. Impossible to get without moneypaying or scamming. So ppl who dont pay try scam

ING : HELLPANK
    using tapatalk
    IGN:Hellpank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgamer View Post
    I agree. Impossible to get without moneypaying or scamming. So ppl who dont pay try scam

using tapatalk
    That is far from the truth...
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Ok so me and em have put our heads together and have really tried to figure out ways of keeping it whilst getting rid of the gold aspect.

The only solution we can come up with is the CS.

Have the AP to either be the amount of gold spent or the amount of gold received. I have taken into consideration someones point of a player another money to purchase they're items and vice versa I still don't see this as a problem, here is why:

It would cost 2.5 million approx (not in game so I can't check as maintenance is happening) to list an item for 50 million. So 100 million is gonna cost you 5 million to list stuff on CS. If you do this by incorrect means it would cost you this amount of money straight away. Where as if you achieved it properly you would not be losing money per say, you would just be paying for the pleasure of listing like the rest of us.

Do you think players would honestly swallow this amount of gold in this manner by cheating just to get the AP? I'd like your thoughts on this please.

It may be a good solution.... It certainly takes the lending of money out of the equation I believe.

Or these, sorry I didn't see this post ener. I agree merching is a major part of the game and those that do this should not be penalised. We know how much hard work goes into it. It sucks lol

The CS listing fees is the best idea I have sen so far. This should be implemented. Make it 5 million worth of listing fees. That equates to 100 million

Gold in the stash isn't a bad idea, although my only flaw with that is that what if something was released and you want to buy it? Small flaw I know but the only one I thought worth mentioning.

Thanks for your input Ener.
    Last edited by Joncheese; 11-06-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgamer View Post

using tapatalk
    Our first 30 million was made purely by farming. And we achieved this over a couple of months. It is possible.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This ap is even in pocket legends and i think other games aswell, not just arcane legends and its an ap that makes you play longer, spend more money on plat and then producers make money in the end. I know you can be skammed but then why do they put the title of the midas touch, just take the title away, i guess..