Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the Midas Touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I saw this coming ever since they implemented it! Filthy rich should be the only applies to strive for.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I think midas touch is 40-50% cause of scamming, and the really jacked economy is the rest. If there wasnt only 2 type of gears people want or need to compete in pvp im sure there would also be less scamming. Considering most players see the price of these two types of gears(arcane and mythic) and have no idea howd they ever get that rich they turn to the dark side. Hell ill even admit ive thought about it but im to nice and actually respect what other people have worked for. I used to not take any donations (if you see cass around ask her how hard ot was to give me 20k) but now since i realize any help in this game can go a long way i appreciate it over flying solo. Just saying something should help this state of economy al is in considering in the past week there as been numerous begging threads and now ive been scammed threads. Check pl forum page, rarely see those
    Last edited by xcainnblecterx; 11-03-2013 at 05:51 PM.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    modas touch
    What's a 'modas' touch?

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

This is a no brainer *kind of*. Satisfying a few people that have actually "earned" the achievement at the expense of many people that couldn't ever hope to accomplish it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk now Free
    Last edited by Rare; 11-05-2013 at 10:16 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    What's a 'modas' touch?
    Fixed and i honestly dont know 80% of the stuff auto correct puts. Got muted.twice in a row last night for auto correct
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

i still hope they competely remove them. even if they will be 0 ap id still want them cuz i want to complete all my ap lists (except the pvp section)

these scammers all the more made it harder to find people who can actually help lend me some millions for a few seconds just to get those ap

how i wish i found them first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by chitgoks; 11-03-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I don't have the title and don't want as I'll never get it lol. I agree this title is temptation and removing it will in part get rid of one reason for people to scam and might help remove a blemish for sts. I can't see how anyone wouldn't see this as a no brainer. Remove achievement, APS, but if they allowed those with titles to keep them I don't see an immediate problem although am sure some would complain later

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Ive been scammed by frinds i really trusted couse of this stupid title...it should definitely be removed... made me never trust anyone in this game all cause of the midas AP

Yes its my fault but this title almost force people to scam even closest friends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

It ws suggested in forum back then to have these aps which i honestly think was absurd.and funny how it was quickly implemented without a thorough thoughts ofits aftermath.

Pooling gold which does not belong to you should never be regarded as AP.its not yours and you cant use it rather than just unlocking points.

Because of this ap many scammers arise.many people turned against their friends.and sorting a scam report seems to take forever when day by day people are being scammed.pls dont be snobbish and outloud saying "its entirely the players fault".id like to see how you play thia game without friends.more and more people are taken advantage simply due to this hazardous AP.people stab each other even losing friends simply due to trust and being suspicious.it does more harm than good imho.

Come on.many other suggestions on new,sensible AP can be implemented not this.since we are a fan of doing ap for things that spawn,do more of em that has minimal risk of harming a players effort.weird that we are reaching season 5 but pve or pvp aps remain the same for example.

Just my 2 cents.nothing to show off really about midas touch rather than making you a target for beggars and scammers.and midas touch is not a lament term so filthy rich should be more than enough.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I agree 100 % with OP and Apollo. There are serveral good points backing this up up in this thread too. Do it like the Halloween Achievement, with 0 APs.

I also see on insider information that they will take steps for making it easier to spot scamming (see JaytB's comment #2 here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...the-difference). Which makes the Goldfinger/Midas Touch achievements somewhat weird and contradictory, because it tempts people into scamming 100m, which they would never get any other way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfai View Post
    It ws suggested in forum back then to have these aps which i honestly think was absurd.and funny how it was quickly implemented without a thorough thoughts ofits aftermath.

Pooling gold which does not belong to you should never be regarded as AP.its not yours and you cant use it rather than just unlocking points.

Because of this ap many scammers arise.many people turned against their friends.and sorting a scam report seems to take forever when day by day people are being scammed.pls dont be snobbish and outloud saying "its entirely the players fault".id like to see how you play thia game without friends.more and more people are taken advantage simply due to this hazardous AP.people stab each other even losing friends simply due to trust and being suspicious.it does more harm than good imho.

Come on.many other suggestions on new,sensible AP can be implemented not this.since we are a fan of doing ap for things that spawn,do more of em that has minimal risk of harming a players effort.weird that we are reaching season 5 but pve or pvp aps remain the same for example.

Just my 2 cents.nothing to show off really about midas touch rather than making you a target for beggars and scammers.and midas touch is not a lament term so filthy rich should be more than enough.
    Out of thanks alfai

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

I saw the comment on these aps rationale.as much as it is designed for players to NOT loan golds to their friends instead making it a rare AP for solo achievement it has many flaws.the lb concept is already questioned.yet its enough as the carrot for people to pursue to be on top by any means they deem necessarry to beat scores gained from players since season 1.and the mechanics of midas touch is opened,hence players who really wana be on lb has to figure out other ways (fastwr) to gather aps coz theres no way they can get all the time missed.and midas touch easily exploited worse opening the risk of scamming to a huge sum.so the flaws of the ap mechanism is yet another thing to look at.we encourage players to help each other in battlea but not in assets?why not lock it down to solo achievement?if not then drop the gold aps.if the intention is making it an incredibly rare ap where it is based on individul effort and wealth,the mechanic of the achievement does not say so.just saying.

U welcome jon.and thanks for highlighting this out.
    semi-retired

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

+1

I dont think that midas t and goldfinger have anything to do with 'achieving something' other than people go bad ways to 'achieve' this. An achievement should be won with honest work, not with borrowing or scamming. There might be some people being able to achieve this with their money but I dont think we see any of them on the LB. Too busy merching.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Frohnatur For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfai View Post

Cant be more agree with this.. Hope dev not only 'see' this thread but also at least take an action.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The midas touch AP is meant to be achieved by earning that much gold and not by asking your friends to borrow their gold to get the AP.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in real life, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

This is what delph reply on other thread coz a lot ppl disagree with the threader and our thread looks like 'miss' to be seen coz too much ppl agree in this idea.. :/ but out of this, just wanna ask.. How can u not trust ur friend if u already long time with him? Just say from season 1, how bout it? For what u become friends then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Suggestions for new aps:

PVE
    1.50k kills
    2.100k kills

PVP
    1.30k kills (title:soulcollector)
    2.50k kills (ttile:bloodthirst)

3.20k flags (title:ionlyflag)
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Suggestions for new aps:

PVE
    1.50k kills
    2.100k kills

PVP
    1.30k kills (title:soulcollector)
    2.50k kills (ttile:bloodthirst)

3.20k flags (title:ionlyflag)
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    As always I would like you to read before you automatically judge the post title. There is logic to what I'm saying and I would like you all to bare with me.

Firstly I would like to start off by saying that IMO this is THE MOST STUPID AP I HAVE EVER COME ACCROSS. It's also the biggest scamming point in game at the moment. People are losing millions of Gold helping those that they believe they can trust. Only to lose it.

You can all sit there and says that it is their fault, and yes to a certain degree I completely agree with you. However, if this AP had not been brought in, the idea of scamming someone for 100 million would not even come into peoples heads.

In real life people are greedy, fact. And where there is a way to obtain free money by taking advantage of others without getting into trouble they will exploit it.

For gods sake STS get rid of this ap, and get rid of the carrot dangling in front of peoples faces. It's a ridiculous AP that proves nothing. If you have this much gold in the first place that is the biggest achievement. Those that have it don't show it off, fact. Let's be honest, there are many other APs that could be done. And there are plenty of threads on that.

4 good friends we're scammed millions today by helping a trusted officer. He then vanished. They had known this person for months. Because this is a game he can just disappear. How is that right?

Take the greed out of the AP. and take the scam out of the game.

Thanks for reading.

Jon

Edit: This AP should be renamed SWINDLERS TOUCH

Dear John,

Good morning,

1st of all STS clearly stated do not trust anyone and share anything account, gold , items.

When your friend lend them the money they already know the risk.

I totally disagree of removing the Achievement points Midas Touch.

1. ) because a lot of people get this AP due to Hard work.
    2.) They spend real money to convert plats to gold.

It is not fair you removed this AP because of 4 careless people got scammed.

Well in my guild most of us had Midas touch like 50-60 members and i was aware that one of my member can always run away with my gold.
    that's why i carefully select the people who borrow the gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kurd4ever View Post
    Ive been scammed by frinds i really trusted couse of this stupid title...it should definitely be removed... made me never trust anyone in this game all cause of the midas AP

Yes its my fault but this title almost force people to scam even closest friends
    LOL the title did not force people to scam friend, if they scam you they are not your true friends.

this is online its rare to have true friends online. that why the only people i lend my gold are the people i know in real life.

I'm sorry guys i totally disagree to removed the AP of Midas Touch.

Just because people get scammed.

It is not fair for people who work hard and spend a lot to get the tittle.
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 11-04-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

no problems with removing that little "fair" for the vast amound of "unfair/scam/mistrust/whatever"...

you just try to protect ur precious 100 ap

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Frohnatur For This Useful Post: