Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the Midas Touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    I totally disagree of removing the Achievement points Midas Touch.

1. ) because a lot of people get this AP due to Hard work.
    2.) They spend real money to convert plats to gold.

Well in my guild most of us had Midas touch like 50-60 members and i was aware that one of my member can always run away with my gold.
    that's why i carefully select the people who borrow the gold.
    Hello, don't you think what you say is quite contradictory?

On one hand you say how many people got this title due to hard work. On the other hand you say that 50-60 people in your guild got it thanks to your gold.

And, sorry to say that - if someone spends 5000 bucks to get a title in a game that has limited lifetime then he's somewhat... how to put it... addicted

Once again, the point is not only not to get scammed - nobody can scam me because I give gold only to my kids and to the other players I only either give items or I help to farm hard bosses - the point is in all those PM spams, stalking, and guys asking to join guild only with the purpose to gain trust. It brings lots of bad blood into the community and turns friends against friends.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

LOL the title did not force people to scam friend, if they scam you they are not your true friends.

this is online its rare to have true friends online. that why the only people i lend my gold are the people i know in real life.

I'm sorry guys i totally disagree to removed the AP of Midas Touch.

Just because people get scammed.

It is not fair for people who work hard and spend a lot to get the tittle.
    Lol.. Thats how u said that u careful choose ppl? How if the ppl who u knows in REAL scam u? Scammed can be happen to anybody, buddy. Even how careful u are, if ppl want to scam u, u'll got scammed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

agree with what u said .. even the best friends of urs will be scammed u just for a simple stupid things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelz View Post
    Lol.. Thats how u said that u careful choose ppl? How if the ppl who u knows in REAL scam u? Scammed can be happen to anybody, buddy. Even how careful u are, if ppl want to scam u, u'll got scammed.
    How can people in real life scammed you if your just few house away lol.

We are like 20-30 members that we see each other on a weekend and duh! all of us are earning a lot of USD per month in the middle east. i dont think 100m is worth it to betray your friends specially when your few house away lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ckm View Post
    agree with what u said .. even the best friends of urs will be scammed u just for a simple stupid things
    Sorry guys im just lucky that my friends are not like that.

We are from ages 25-40 on my guild. so the bond of trust and professionalism is already inside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Dear John,

Good morning,

1st of all STS clearly stated do not trust anyone and share anything account, gold , items.

When your friend lend them the money they already know the risk.

I totally disagree of removing the Achievement points Midas Touch.

1. ) because a lot of people get this AP due to Hard work.
    2.) They spend real money to convert plats to gold.

It is not fair you removed this AP because of 4 careless people got scammed.

Well in my guild most of us had Midas touch like 50-60 members and i was aware that one of my member can always run away with my gold.
    that's why i carefully select the people who borrow the gold.
    Morning Sprtuz,

Firstly myself and Emma can say that before we bought our staffs we actually achieved this title. So we are 2 of the few people that actually deserve it. I can GUARENTEE you that those of us that obtained this title by the real methods wouldnt give 2 hoots if we lost the AP's.

Secondly we are not talking about careless people. You say your guild has 50-60 members with the midas touch..... Do you realise how lucky you are to have not been scammed?

Thirdly as quite clearly stated here:

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    For gods sake STS get rid of this ap, and get rid of the carrot dangling in front of peoples faces. It's a ridiculous AP that proves nothing. If you have this much gold in the first place that is the biggest achievement. Those that have it don't show it off, fact. [/B]
    The people that have truly obtained the Midas touch the right way dont actually care about the AP points, and what we are suggesting is that those that have it keep the title. 100 AP points dont make any different in leaderboard and as quite clearly stated here:

Quote Originally Posted by Rushed View Post
    I don't really mind what Happens as gold is not that important.

I'd rather have a good friend than 100m
    Why?
    You can't buy friend with gold.
    You can't say sorry with gold

Once again I rather have a friend who cares than 100m who can't say nothing nor does a title
    I would rather have trust and friends in game than this anyday. I would say the general consensus is the same and you are in a minority of one. But you're entitled to your opinion.

How can people in real life scammed you if your just few house away lol.

We are like 20-30 members that we see each other on a weekend and duh! all of us are earning a lot of USD per month in the middle east. i dont think 100m is worth it to betray your friends specially when your few house away lol.
    In real life you can get arrested or go to prison. You cant here. There is no justice system. This argument is irrelevant.

Sorry guys im just lucky that my friends are not like that.

We are from ages 25-40 on my guild. so the bond of trust and professionalism is already inside.
    Ocelz guild was the same. The person that scammed them was a trusted friend of months and was an officer in the guild. No different to you. I really think you should look outside your narrow feild of vision here.

Why are you so against it being banned? What are you afraid of losing? I don't understand why it would be such a big deal? I'm just curious to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post
    +1

I dont think that midas t and goldfinger have anything to do with 'achieving something' other than people go bad ways to 'achieve' this. An achievement should be won with honest work, not with borrowing or scamming. There might be some people being able to achieve this with their money but I dont think we see any of them on the LB. Too busy merching.
    I would say the majority of the leaderboard have it.
    Last edited by Joncheese; 11-04-2013 at 03:39 AM.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Well john,

A lot of LB players don't have it and it is one of our advantage since i don't have flag AP we started playing on Season 3.

A lot of LB players remain on people because they started long ago. No way you can catch up on 50-70k pvp kills, 500k PVE kills LOL! its not that they are that good they just started ahead of us.

In short John this AP is worth 300AP 10m,50m,100m with out this i wont be on top 15 warrior LOL!

Me and my friends spend a lot of USD for this game to get that AP.

Im sorry for the people who was scammed but as STS always say never share or trust anyone.
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 11-04-2013 at 03:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Well john,

A lot of LB players don't have it and it is one of our advantage since i don't have flag AP we started playing on Season 3.

A lot of LB players remain on people because they started long ago. No way you can catch up on 50-70k pvp kills, 500k PVE kills LOL! its not that they are that good they just started ahead of us.

Im sorry for the people who was scammed but as STS always say never share or trust anyone.
    Im currently doing my flag AP's and PVP AP's. I started in Season 4 and i can sympathise, but thats life i suppose.

I too have spent GBP on this game and the reward i have got is the experience within the game. I can see why you guys would be upset but IMHO and to the majority this is not a worthy AP anyway. It doesnt mean that you have achieved much in game and certainly doesnt make you a better player (you dont need this to show off how good a player you are, you're already a fearsome tank who myself and emma cringe at when you enter against us, and cheer when you join our team).

I can see we're going to disagree here, so lets just say we'll agree to disagree.

See you in game mate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I agree. And the scammers are pure scum. I know a few people are thinking "it's just a a game" and that's the scary thing "it's just a game", what would these people do IRL when things "do matter" ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terracio View Post
    I agree. And the scammers are pure scum. I know a few people are thinking "it's just a a game" and that's the scary thing "it's just a game", what would these people do IRL when things "do matter" ?
    In real life they would be sharing a cell with BUBBA and would be watching if they dropped the soap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Well john,

In short John this AP is worth 300AP 10m,50m,100m with out this i wont be on top 15 warrior LOL!

So really you are just thinking about yourself then? I'm on the lb (just) and i have these AP's but I would give away all my points to get rid of this stupid AP. Anyone being scammed and hurting from this is more important than 300 points. And btw we are saying remove 2 so that would be 200 points :-)
    Lol your one of those players that wears the title aren't you?

Meh selfish thinking imo
    Last edited by Emmacheese; 11-04-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Sorry guys if you had a bad experience because of this AP.

Maybe im just lucky my friends are not like that.

The Elitista Midas Touch Pics

Name:  100m.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  148.3 KBName:  300m.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  415.5 KBName:  400m.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  958.1 KBName:  guild pics.jpeg
Views: 305
Size:  903.1 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    So really you are just thinking about yourself then? I'm on the lb (just) and i have these AP's but I would give away all my points to get rid of this stupid AP. Anyone being scammed and hurting from this is more important than 300 points. And btw we are saying remove 2 so that would be 200 points :-)
    Lol your one of those players that wears the title aren't you?

Meh selfish thinking imo
    From what i always see bout his thread in this forum, yea he is a selfish one and like to show off bout his earnings and how much he already spent lol.. Pls wake up, spart. Not only u that already spent thousand dollars in this game, no need to brag bout ur earnings or ur friends. Thats really off of the topics here. And bout flag, u can do it in 1 season if u want to, same like pve kills. The reason is u just dont want too or too lazy to do it maybe, just want the easy one using money. FYI my midas in from hard work too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

From what i always see bout his thread in this forum, yea he is a selfish one and like to show off bout his earnings and how much he already spent lol.. Pls wake up, spart. Not only u that already spent thousand dollars in this game, no need to brag bout ur earnings or ur friends. Thats really off of the topics here. And bout flag, u can do it in 1 season if u want to, same like pve kills. The reason is u just dont want too or too lazy to do it maybe, just want the easy one using money. FYI my midas in from hard work too.

So you guys think by removing this AP the scamming will stop?
    Before STS release this AP a lot of scamming has already been done.

All im saying is its not because of this AP people are getting scammed.

You get scammed because you where too nice to let them borrow your gold with out even thinking that once you give it you cant force them to get it back.

thats why STS always remind players that never share account info, items , gold ect.

No one is to blamed you got fooled just careful next time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

" Originally Posted by Delphina "

The midas touch AP is meant to be achieved by earning that much gold and not by asking your friends to borrow their gold to get the AP.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in real life, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

I totally Agree with this, that i only lend Gold to the people i know in real life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This AP makes scam case increase, havent u realized it? -.-' all the scammers make this achvmnt for reason, and we need something more positive achvmnt like pve kills maybe, or adding pvp section maybe. And as u can see, this achvmnt a little hard to achieve alone if u are not a plat user. Get an arcane and sold it for achvmnt? Ok, but from where arcane drops? Locked. Boxes contain junks. Plat again isnt it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

This AP makes scam case increase, havent u realized it? -.-' all the scammers make this achvmnt for reason, and we need something more positive achvmnt like pve kills maybe, or adding pvp section maybe. And as u can see, this achvmnt a little hard to achieve alone if u are not a plat user. Get an arcane and sold it for achvmnt? Ok, but from where arcane drops? Locked. Boxes contain junks. Plat again isnt it?

Why cant you guys understand no one will get scammed if you used your head!

This is online dont trust anyone but your friends in real life.

It is your own fault for trusting people online.

In real life a lot of people got rob by friends or family even there own son steal money from there parents,

HOW MUCH MORE ON ONLINE WHEN YOU DID NOT EVEN MEET THEM

GUYS!

COMMON SENSE!

YOU DONT KNOW THEM IN REAL LIFE AND YOU CAN TRANCE THEM WHEN THEY SCAM YOU

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

It's will reduce the temptation of the scam! If you can't see that then I just don't know what to tell ya ......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    It's will reduce the temptation of the scam! If you can't see that then I just don't know what to tell ya ......
    true it will be a temptation to scam i agree.

But as i told you guys dont trust anyone online unless you know them in real life.

this will be a lesson to all of us / even my guild mates as a guild master i told them don't trust anyone including me ^_^
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 11-04-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I'm sorry but daddyblu you are the only 1 here making an issue of this very productive thread. You are lucky you get to play with real life friends. A lot of people come on the game to socialise with there online friends, I am also lucky Jon and I play together but I have made some great friends in this game, and when you form a friendship you also form TRUST. And greed can over rule that ....... Like Jon said it's like dangling the carrot in front of the donkey.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  19.7 KB

Why cant you guys understand no one will get scammed if you used your head!

This is online dont trust anyone but your friends in real life.

It is your own fault for trusting people online.

In real life a lot of people got rob by friends or family even there own son steal money from there parents,

HOW MUCH MORE ON ONLINE WHEN YOU DID NOT EVEN MEET THEM

GUYS!

COMMON SENSE!

YOU DONT KNOW THEM IN REAL LIFE AND YOU CAN TRANCE THEM WHEN THEY SCAM YOU

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emmacheese For This Useful Post: