Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the Midas Touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I can help saying that this thread has been hijacked a bit.

Yes, one should help materially only to people one trusts, but...

Material APs encourage scammers and this brings bad emotions into the game. The AP belong to be canceled IMHO. And I am not saying it because I will never have the 100m AP.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Yes it has I agree but I also think in the bigger picture it is all relevant and it's about time this was noticed before more people get hurt

Also queeny you are a true player ..... I offered you the 10mil ap and you turned it down because you wanted to achieve it by yourself ..... This is very rare and I take my hat off to you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    I can help saying that this thread has been hijacked a bit.

Yes, one should help materially only to people one trusts, but...

Material APs encourage scammers and this brings bad emotions into the game. The AP belong to be canceled IMHO. And I am not saying it because I will never have the 100m AP.
    Last edited by Emmacheese; 11-04-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I totally agree with OP and I'm so sorry that that happened to any of you or your guildies :/

Anyone who thinks it is so black and white as "don't lend gold to people you don't know" need to realise that this is a micro society. It's not real life but it reflects it... people spend a lot of time on this game playing and farming with the same people for months and months and forming bonds. If someone says "I will help you get Midas Touch I have 25mil" and you have known that person for months and months, its no so easy to go against human nature and say "sorry friend I don't trust you" if you can't trust your friends and this game is all about friends then where are we?

As Jon says, this AP merely provides a temptation and helps people to hatch the idea of scamming their "friends" out of millions of gold. Further to this... it might not even be that that person goes into the trade with the intention of stealing the money but in that moment when they see all that gold its just all too easy.

I did in fact have a close encounter of this sort here is the abridged version:

"hey kja can I borrow the last 6mil to get midas touch AP that I'm doing with friends? I'll give you two mythic weapons as safeguard"

"sure" *trades*

"hey im back look at all my titles *displays all gold related titles* if you want this I can get it for you but you will have to give me your username and password. I'll log on to your account and give you the title"

"erm no way... I'm not giving you the password to my mythic upgraded rogue account with guild.. no AP is worth me giving you my login details"

"oh ok nvm" *trades back gold for bows*

I didn't do it.

I know people who have done it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

The ones who ware this title are people who lend the money
    And almost no non plat gamer wiil get the title without lending ,so the title and the ap are ridiculess..
    Last edited by Eski; 11-04-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Btw whats next "the good one" ,have to waste 100k plat?

Eskimosmurf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

It wasn't meant to be earned by loaning anyways, but players are gonna be players.. Players like borrowing, loaning, and now scamming.. So they use the shortcut. Some get lucky and get all their money back. Some trust the wrong person and lose the items/gold. We all trust a wrong person at some point in game.

Keeping titles and taking away the points is actually a good solution to this. People who have that kind of gold can show off their titles. The ones who ask to loan your 50/100m so they can get a title with 0 AP, you know they wanna rip you off. Moreover, easy to say NO or ignore such requests as it won't be a necessary achievement in terms of reaching the leaderboard.

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smuggs View Post
    The whole trust deal also counts on a scammer being impatient and greedy....yes all scammers are greedy but as we've seen as of late, they're far from stupid and impatient. For this ap it doesn't take 15 minutes or even 2 months (usually) to gain the kind of trust required to give out that kind of gold. Itd be like meeting someone and handing them a couple thousand dollars because they say. "You can trust me, you've known me for 15 minutes now," no, these people are nurturing relationships and friendships for the long road. They know peoples emotions and how to play them, and they utilize it 5 - 6 months down the road to take you for all youre worth. Its not something you can say "Don't trust people who aren't your best friends," because in 5 - 6 months they can make you believe they are your best friend in game and could never do something so low...wrong. just get rid of the ap.
    Funny you should say this. There is at least on particular (and I believe and hope he is known for this) scammer in game who does JUST THAT. So be warned people... here is the scam.

-joins guild
    -starts acting all nice and friendly and loveable to all guildies slowly establishing friendships with each one of them.
    -privately asks guildies to borrow gold. at first small amounts. each times returns the gold promptly and without problems.
    -continues to do this for a while. builds up trust relationship. no1 can ever say a bad thing about him cos he is so trustworthy.
    -"borrows" expensive items such as mythic or arcane.
    -disappears. changes name.
    -is now full mythic player with arcane gear.

Its a shame but people like this make it -REALLY- hard to know who you can trust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsebi View Post
    What I can say more than Emma / Job already said? Nothing! BUT I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THEM AND THE MAJORITY HERE!

STS, in the benefit of AL game ban the 50 mil and 100 mil APS.

It's not helping anyone!

BAN BAN BAN!
    Thank you so much for your support Paul. It won't be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    ^^^ This guy... what a joke

Asked me to join guild just to scam a member a few hours after he joind, and i asked around found out he did that before

Now hes coming here to talk about anti scamming... gross. Im not big on flaming people in forums but the irony of his post is giving me a head ache.

Back on topic, i dont have a problem with the Midas achievement, the problem is within the players and their ability to get away with scamming, no one can stop greed and an ap like this will bring out the worst of some people, sadly.

Long as people who just take the gold and vanish get away with it, we're simply not ready for this type of ap imo. Surely there's room for more pve aps instead.
    Perhaps me and you need to collaborate screen shots and get a case together matan. Message me in game so we can have a chat.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I just hope this thread stays alive and something is done! Please take notice of this STS don't push it to one side. Before anyone else gets scammed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defamed View Post
    It wasn't meant to be earned by loaning anyways, but players are gonna be players.. Players like borrowing, loaning, and now scamming.. So they use the shortcut. Some get lucky and get all their money back. Some trust the wrong person and lose the items/gold. We all trust a wrong person at some point in game.

Keeping titles and taking away the points is actually a good solution to this. People who have that kind of gold can show off their titles. The ones who ask to loan your 50/100m so they can get a title with 0 AP, you know they wanna rip you off. Moreover, easy to say NO or ignore such requests as it won't be a necessary achievement in terms of reaching the leaderboard.
    Well said Venom.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Their own fault to be scammed ,in the end the friendship ends if its about the gold (please dont understand me wrong ,my english is not the best)

Eskimosmurf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    I just hope this thread stays alive and something is done! Please take notice of this STS don't push it to one side. Before anyone else gets scammed.
    If you want to keep this thread alive and make STS hear the voice of AL, do what I actually did :

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1323460

Inform your own guild to post their opinions in this thread, spread it around. STS should listen to their customers and do something if most will say their opinion.

Let's keep it alive!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paulsebi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

STS just TURN IT OFF

i will notice my guildies too to support the case. Thanks paul for beeing such a good inspiration.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

You shouldn't trust ANYONE, period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    Sorry Emma well before you let them borrow any items or gold just always ask your self if can i trust this guy, will he return my gold/ items back? / do i really know him?.

Also be ready for the bad things might happened.

See you all and dont trust anyone in this game if it involve gold and items.

Bye!
    So you're saying the only problem here is possibly being scammed? What about the fact that the whole idea of the achievement itself is lost?

It's just sad it has come to this as I have lost all trust in people and in the game!
    That is sad. But, don't fear. There are a lot of trustworthy people in this game. And most of them will NEVER ask for your things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff View Post
    You shouldn't trust ANYONE, period.
    Better yet, trust anyone you want, but don't get attached to pixels and fake gold. Do like I and a lot of my friends do. If you "like" someone enough or "trust" them, then gift them what they want (or need), and hope that one day it will come back around.
    Last edited by Rare; 11-04-2013 at 09:32 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

True but still dont agree that 50-100m will be 0AP.

How about the players who spend a lot of time farming 5-9 who is truly worth for this 100AP and the people who spend a lot of money just to get this 100AP.

I mean just dont let anyone borrow gold or items. i know its hard to avoid but im sure they will understand.

100m is not a small amount to borrowed and this app is not meant to be borrowed anyways.

This is like a tie breaker from hard working people who like to farm and from the people who like to pvp all the time.

People who spend time more in pvp than farming will be force to farm and people who farm all the time will be force to pvp if they want to get the pvp AP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

" Originally Posted by Delphina "

The midas touch AP is meant to be achieved by earning that much gold and not by asking your friends to borrow their gold to get the AP.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in real life, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Those achievments has made nice players to scammers.

Eskimosmurf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Yes it has I agree but I also think in the bigger picture it is all relevant and it's about time this was noticed before more people get hurt

Also queeny you are a true player ..... I offered you the 10mil ap and you turned it down because you wanted to achieve it by yourself ..... This is very rare and I take my hat off to you :-)
    Lady never takes hat off to a gentleman

True story, I really wanted to prove to myself that farming Filthy Rich title was possible - and it is, as I have farmed Filthy Rich title 3 times already (but bought myth sets, Razorbacks and Scythe which makes me go broke again and again )

While Goldfinger may still be farmable title (if you don't buy anything, which is quite a stupid policy and takes the joy away) I think Midas Touch can be achieved only by massive involving of IRL money or by ripping off other players playing lowball. Or, scam.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimocallboy View Post
    Those achievments has made nice players to scammers.
    not true, its just how they are.

the true color of human nature and greed.

everyone has greed inside but its how you handle it.

don't let greed take over you its not worth losing your friends.
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 11-04-2013 at 09:49 AM.