Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-11-05 Content Update (134555)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Yeah game taking ages to load stuff..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post
    A lag is usual after a long maintenance like this. It's because the Server have to ''re-boot'' to their full capacity. Plus there is a huge amount of people logging in right now.

Just wait an hour or two.
    K & Thx

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

"Fetching greatness..." is so fetching slow right now.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ciabarin View Post
    "Fetching greatness..." is so fetching slow right now.
    We'll be bringing down the server to address the performance issue brought on by the earlier maintenance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    We'll be bringing down the server to address the performance issue brought on by the earlier maintenance.
    Ha! The Halloween Event Boss playing one last trick on STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OccultFormula View Post
    Even more disappointing, is the fact that this has been mentioned in dozens of threads and not ONE dev cares to answer about the topic.
    Its obvious they read them, since a couple of different threads have been locked this week.
    It would be fair to at least have a dev give the community a reason as to why no plat packs were introduced and if they are taking them out of future holidays. At the end of the day, they would of made more money.
    >_>
    This. We all know they read it but they don't want to tell us why we aren't getting plat packs and this bothers me because we are paying customers. Seems like they just expect us to forget. Pretty sure they will lose many paying customers if there are none.

Junior Member zzFLUFFIESzz <TCG>'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xvanitykingx View Post
    Guys, be thankful that we had a Halloween event. Give Spacetime Studios a break, you wouldn't even be playing this game without them, think about it that way.

I also agree that plat packs would have made this event a little better but hey, what can we do about it, right?

~xvanitykingx

Well I respect that Vant, but first of all PL has been kinda been slow on like new caps, new random events (Forgotten event, Naked Race (long ago), and etc...) New plat packs (AVENGERS, ANGELLIC, etc...). But we all Pl players respect that sts has been working hard on their new games, but without Pl, sts would be basically be nothing because MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF PEOPLE PLAY THIS GAME! Just an idea maybe One week pl should do a PLAYER APPRECIATION WEEK 7DAYS OF DIFFERENT VANTY ITEMS AND 1 WEEK OF 3X COMBO ELIXIR! just an idea just hear me out Sts

Interested in joining <The Community Guild>? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

... Is anyone else's server down? Or just mine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zzFLUFFIESzz &lt;TCG&gt; View Post
    Guys, be thankful that we had a Halloween event. Give Spacetime Studios a break, you wouldn't even be playing this game without them, think about it that way.

I also agree that plat packs would have made this event a little better but hey, what can we do about it, right?

~xvanitykingx

Well I respect that Vant, but first of all PL has been kinda been slow on like new caps, new random events (Forgotten event, Naked Race (long ago), and etc...) New plat packs (AVENGERS, ANGELLIC, etc...). But we all Pl players respect that sts has been working hard on their new games, but without Pl, sts would be basically be nothing because MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF PEOPLE PLAY THIS GAME! Just an idea maybe One week pl should do a PLAYER APPRECIATION WEEK 7DAYS OF DIFFERENT VANTY ITEMS AND 1 WEEK OF 3X COMBO ELIXIR! just an idea just hear me out Sts
    I understand that but, Spacetime studios gets there ideas from its community and I have not yet seen a thread where someone has posted any new legit ideas for new content such as a new level cap or anything about some kind of event that Spacetime studios could work on.
    The Spacetime community has to pitch in too!

Without us sts is nothing, and without sts we wouldn't have awesome MMO's for portable devices like we do now!

Ps. I agree, a player appreciation week would sound nice

~xvanitykingx
    Last edited by Xvanitykingx; 11-06-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Interested in joining <The Community Guild>?
    Click here!
    (Site still under construction)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I understand that but, Spacetime studios gets there ideas from its community and I have not yet seen a thread where someone has posted any new legit ideas for new content such as a new level cap or anything about some kind of event that Spacetime studios could work on.

Without us sts is nothing, and without sts we wouldn't have awesome MMO's for portable devices like we do now!

~xvanitykingx
    This is obviously not the case. And if it were it would only show that STG is bad game producer if the did not have the creativity to come up with their own content. And plus I have already seen tons of new ideas for content, and has STG implemented it, no. I'm not blaming them either for not implementing some proposed content ideas, as this is what their own design teams do, and I'm also sure that they are going to spend minimal time designing content for older games that generate less revenue. The problem is they don't even have to add new content, they can just add old content (like vanity plat packs) or make extremely simple fixes which would better the game and yet they choose not to. And vanity king could you give me an example where STS has ever based a campaign or content off of the community's ideas? (besides pink antennae)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heroelite View Post
    This is obviously not the case. And if it were it would only show that STG is bad game producer if the did not have the creativity to come up with their own content. And s I have already seen tons of new ideas for content, and has STG implemented it, no. I'm not blaming them either for not implementing some proposed content ideas, as this is what their own design teams do, and I'm also sure that they are going to spend minimal time designing content for older games that generate less revenue. The problem is they don't even have to add new content, they can just add old content (like vanity plat packs) or make extremely simple fixes which would better the game and yet they choose not to. And vanity king could you give me an example where STS has ever based a campaign or content off of the community's ideas? (besides pink antennae)
    A pretty good example here would be the community contest for the appearance of the new items and vanities. That's also a great example of how the pl community and the developers can work together to provide new material while not overwhelming the dev team.

That being said, I would of course love to see more content or items! Maybe by encouraging progress.

STS Let me know if you need a hand, I'd do pl development work for a case of soda and some free vanities!

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

StS, just bring AL pets directly into PL..

Will do new content easy to implement
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    StS, just bring AL pets directly into PL..

Will do new content easy to implement
    But Chicken, I want PL to be original. I do not like things imported from other games. It lacks creativity. Sawy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

A touch of realism would help here. How much money does PL generate compared to AL? Now I know PL plat buying (and SL & DL) paid for the development of AL, but would PL still exist if it weren't for the plat buyers of AL? I really don't know. I do not have these numbers. But I suspect that AL is carrying PL now and has more than paid back the development cost.

If that is the case, then should they make new content? Will new content get the players who left PL to play AL to come back? On this I am going to have to be a skeptic.

Besides, PL was created with a lot of insane overtime, coding from home, etc. They had only a few devs and they practically gave the game away. AL on the other hand is always being talked about in chat and it does pay its own way in the world. They've got like 40 devs now, so they have to be able to monetize the elite gear. That's just not a part of PL. Would players spent 15 plat a pop on opening crates in PL? I don' think they would.

So basically, I think of PL as a done deal. I do not expect any more zones.

I think of AL as PL2. And I suspect they do, too. That said, I still play it. I also still plug in my PSX and play Gran Turismo. Isn't it the same? (I expect there will be a lot of explanations why it's not the same, but be gentle. thanks )

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    A touch of realism would help here. How much money does PL generate compared to AL? Now I know PL plat buying (and SL & DL) paid for the development of AL, but would PL still exist if it weren't for the plat buyers of AL? I really don't know. I do not have these numbers. But I suspect that AL is carrying PL now and has more than paid back the development cost.

If that is the case, then should they make new content? Will new content get the players who left PL to play AL to come back? On this I am going to have to be a skeptic.

Besides, PL was created with a lot of insane overtime, coding from home, etc. They had only a few devs and they practically gave the game away. AL on the other hand is always being talked about in chat and it does pay its own way in the world. They've got like 40 devs now, so they have to be able to monetize the elite gear. That's just not a part of PL. Would players spent 15 plat a pop on opening crates in PL? I don' think they would.

So basically, I think of PL as a done deal. I do not expect any more zones.

I think of AL as PL2. And I suspect they do, too. That said, I still play it. I also still plug in my PSX and play Gran Turismo. Isn't it the same? (I expect there will be a lot of explanations why it's not the same, but be gentle. thanks )
    It's a vicious circle.

Make a PL cap --> people buy plats
    Make a new game --> people join the other game and the older game is put on sides.
    Make new caps on the new game --> people of the old game don't feel like buying plats anymore because they don't have anymore things to spend them on
    No more time to code the old game --> players leave the first game
    People leave the first game --> no more money coming from that game

Solution :
    Make rounds of caps between the games, not always the same game.
    OR
    Give new content to old players from the old game, and see if the economy comes back.
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

~xvanitykingx
    This is obviously not the case. And if it were it would only show that STG is bad game producer if the did not have the creativity to come up with their own content. And plus I have already seen tons of new ideas for content, and has STG implemented it, no. I'm not blaming them either for not implementing some proposed content ideas, as this is what their own design teams do, and I'm also sure that they are going to spend minimal time designing content for older games that generate less revenue. The problem is they don't even have to add new content, they can just add old content (like vanity plat packs) or make extremely simple fixes which would better the game and yet they choose not to. And vanity king could you give me an example where STS has ever based a campaign or content off of the community's ideas? (besides pink antennae)
    "The community needs to pitch in too!" Sts has overworked themselves and In my opinion, sts could use the help of some really good imaginative people at this point. U get what I'm trying to say?

If you want more PL content so badly, why don't you think up of one yourself and see if they implement it. I realize that sts hasn't been paying much attention to the older games, I agree to everything I have read on the forums, I just wanted to get this point out there. I'm sorry if I didn't express this very clearly before.

~xvanitykingx

Click here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

"The community needs to pitch in too!" Sts has overworked themselves and In my opinion, sts could use the help of some really good imaginative people at this point. U get what I'm trying to say?

If you want more PL content so badly, why don't you think up of one yourself and see if they implement it. I realize that sts hasn't been paying much attention to the older games, I agree to everything I have read on the forums, I just wanted to get this point out there. I'm sorry if I didn't express this very clearly before.

~xvanitykingx
    I do not want more PL content "so badly", I would be happy if they did add some though. I'm mainly annoyed that such simple fixes could be made that are constantly suggested and never implemented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

My money is for pl and bd only. If you want more pls update pl.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Multibird For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Multibird View Post
    My money is for pl and bd only. If you want more pls update pl.
    True dat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

~xvanitykingx
    I do not want more PL content "so badly", I would be happy if they did add some though. I'm mainly annoyed that such simple fixes could be made that are constantly suggested and never implemented.
    I also feel that way but as one of my old friends said to me once: "it is what It is!"

~xvanitykingx

Click here!