Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Lag is terrible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Lag is terrible.

I was just doing victory lap with a team and the lag is just unbearable. I'm on my own, unshaded wifi and this shouldn't be happening. It got so bad that we had Gurg sown to his last couple if hP, then everyone froze and woke up dead. The lag is making the game really hard to play. I think before any other material is added to the game, the lag issue should be taken care of. This game is worthless if you constantly lose control of your character in middle of battle.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,894 Posts

You might try using 3g if you're not on a wifi only device - there appears to be a problem with wifi causing jumpy lag on some versions of ios with some devices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hmm, I've tried on 3G in the past (when away from home, or if my wifi disconnects and 3G gets picked up instead) and it's usually 10x worse. I can't even join any campaigns when on the go. I can only do things around town that don't rely so heavily on speed.
    I also don't have unlimited data, so would not want to be on 3G all the time, even when home. I pay for wifi for a reason.
    My wifi works very well for the most part for everything else. And I have an iPhone 4, so I would think it would be up to speed!
    Last edited by Lesrider; 11-10-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes the wifi at home on my iPad 64g 3G was fudged I had to use 3G since my ping was 4-5k continuously and 300 sometimes but I kept getting random 4-5k lag spurts
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Also, I don't recall having all these issues pre-ao3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmm strange that everyone else is having problems I haven't had lagging since frozen nightmares. Tons of lag before that then frozen nightmare added and no more lag, unless i got bad wifi