Thread: Faction wars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Default Faction wars

To add to this thread I'd like to see somenthing else added to guilds.

I have a phenomenal idea which would incorporate factions and guild vs guild pvp. Late one night, my Officers and I began discussing a sort of event that would make for a new twist to pvp and make things A LOT more interesting.

I call it: WAR

FACTIONS ARE:
    Arlorian
    Nordian
    Kelysian
    Pirate
    Neutral (would be exempt from the conflict and would see no adverse effects)

Each guild would be given the opportunity to join a faction (or nation) of their chosing. Neutrality can be opted, but later changed to a faction (or Nation) ONCE PER GUILD CAREER

OBJECT:
    The object of this would be to conquer a capital by fighting in a new PVP "castle zone" for each city, one day - per week

HOW IT WORKS:
    During the day of WAR, Each faction will have a new found pvp zone representing the Castle of each city. This Castle Zone can be immediately joined to start a conflict

A queue would start up, much like any PVP zone.

Each guild will be sent a notification of an open conflict and a new pvp zone will appear in the world map menu.
    Once the zone is joined a corresponding Faction banner would be applied to the player for the duration of the conflict, and ONLY for the conflict.

A War scenario could only happen once per week and several battles could be fought throughout that day.

PVP points would be tallied from the results of all the battles fought, whether that be twink pvp or end game pvp. (Thus giving everyone the opportunity to join and attack or defend any given capital during that day)

Neutral guilds could not join this conflict unless they chose a faction.

THE REWARD:
    Winners would now "own" the land for one week. and the winning factions flags would be setup throughout the conquered city for that duration of a week

A small discount would be given to winners throughout the regular vendors of the city. (and I mean small) as a representation of winning factions new found authority
    A small increase in price would be incurred to all pricing to a losing faction like potions (and I mean small) as a representation of the losing teams fielty being given to the new conquerers.

Neutral guilds would remain unaffected by this small change.

Should a certain faction reach a goal of "X" consecutive wins throughout the weeks, all guilds in that faction can be awareded a Banner representing thier faction, and there consistent victory. (Only one type of faction banner can be given to any character, so chose your faction with your toon wisely)

After the week passes, everything resets and a new WAR begins.

Comments, suggestions and tweaks requested

PS: for a serious flare of drama you could always allow a guild to freely chose factions. Or maybe once per week or something. - but watch how the world would become a mass effect of alliances being made and breaking. - actually I think I'd rly lilke that. hmm....
    Last edited by Oedid; 11-05-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: re-written for more clarity - I hope..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oedid For This Useful Post:

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

You lost me at "faction."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Faction:

1. A group of persons forming a cohesive, usually contentious minority within a larger group

The minority being the guilds, joining said faction of their choice.
    The larger group being the whole world with each "Faction" being a nation like Arlor, Nordia, Kelys and the Pirate Isles within all the game

Hope that clarifies
    Last edited by Oedid; 11-05-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Seems like a fairly good idea, slightly confusing tho
    PL:Sharkknife (77 bird in <Rated M>), Ubertwink (Bes 56 in <FFA>/PL Minuteman, Wrathfuluber (One Of The Last 1st Gen Wrathfuls)||| AL: Depend-46 (proud member of <Mag(nub)num>

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oedid View Post

I have a phenomenal idea which would incorporate factions and guild vs guild pvp. Late one night, my Officers and I began discussing a sort of event that would make for a new twist to pvp and make things A LOT more interesting.

FACTIONS ARE:
    Arlorian
    Nordian
    Kelysian
    Pirate

Each guild would be given the opportunity to join a faction (or nation) of their chosing. Neutrality can be opted, but later changed to a faction (or Nation) ONCE PER GUILD CAREER

OBJECT:
    The object of this would be to conquer a capital by fighting in a new PVP "castle zone" for each city, one day - per week

HOW IT WORKS:
    During the day of WAR, Each faction will have a new found pvp zone representing the Castle of each city. This Castle Zone can be immediately joined to start a conflict

Each guild will be sent a notification of an open conflict and a new pvp zone will appear in the world map menu.
    Once the zone is joined a corresponding Faction banner would be applied to the player for the duration of the conflict, and ONLY for the conflict.

A War scenario could only happen once per week and several battles could be fought throughout that day.

PVP points would be tallied from the results of all the battles fought, whether that be twink pvp or end game pvp. (Thus giving everyone the opportunity to join and attack or defend any given capital during that day)

THE REWARD:
    Winners would now "own" the land for one week. and the winning factions flags would be setup throughout the conquered city for that duration of a week

A small discount would be given to winners throughout the regular vendors of the city. (and I mean small) as a representation of winning factions new found authority
    A small increase in price would be incurred to all pricing to a losing faction like potions (and I mean small) as a representation of the losing teams fielty being given to the new conquerers.

Should a certain faction reach a goal of "X" consecutive wins throughout the weeks, all guilds in that faction can be awareded a Banner representing thier faction, and there consistent victory. (Only one type of faction banner can be given to any character, so chose your faction with your toon wisely)

PS: for a serious flare of drama you could always allow a guild to freely chose factions. Or maybe once per week or something. - but watch how the world would become a mass effect of alliances being made and breaking. - actually I think I'd rly lilke that. hmm....
    Develpment Team, you need to take mans idea and run with it! He just GAVE you a complete scenario on how to make this the best MMO for 2013-2014! THIS would take mindless ganging away! Ganku Out!

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Theillist1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

A little complecated to implement but a great idea all around. Adding guild allegences and enemies would add more to the mix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

FACTIONS ARE:
    Arlorian
    Nordian
    Kelysian
    Pirate

OBJECT:

HOW IT WORKS:

THE REWARD:

This NEEDS to happen, we need a new, fresh twist to PVP and this is just it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

looks fun fun fun fun! But i think STS game engine is not designed to handle a lot of players fighting in one map hence the player cap on each zone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    looks fun fun fun fun! But i think STS game engine is not designed to handle a lot of players fighting in one map hence the player cap on each zone.
    It can still be several instances of the same zone with the same cap on players per instance. The point will be to tally the points from several matches throughout the day for all players of any level. The points go towards the faction their guild hails from.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Oedid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Support this fully!

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

bump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Check it out. We need some fresh pvp ideas here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

FACTIONS ARE:
    Arlorian
    Nordian
    Kelysian
    Pirate

OBJECT:

HOW IT WORKS:

THE REWARD:

Just like Ragnarok Guild War, fun.. but cant with stand with the lagging
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Yes please! Just hope the other guilds don't press the eject button :/