Thread: which is better for pets, 10% damage or 10% armor reduction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default which is better for pets, 10% damage or 10% armor reduction

Hey guys, i do mostly arena runs and choose my pets largely on bonus damage. There are several that give 10% more damage and grimm and slagg give 12%. I noticed malison reduces armor by 10%. I'm not really sure how armor works and am wondering if reducing the bosses armor by 10% would be the same as increasing ur own damage by 10%? Does anyone know? I know that whole group takes advantage of the armor reduction but let's just say I'm soloing it (which i don't, i'm just wondering if armor reduction is the same as increased damage).

Also, Grimm grants BOTH 12% damage and 10% armor reduction. So he should be OP right? I had been rotating between slagg and malison but I'm thinking I should be using grimm more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Armor reduction depends on the amount of armor the enemy has. Since its % the greater the armor, the greater the reduction will be. Someone might be able to help more but you might have to test pets to see which yields better results as I'm sure diff enemies have diff armor stats.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

it depends, if you solo, then it might be the same.. but if you're in a party, everyone can enjoy the armor reduction. just my opinion

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I use damage for trash mobs and armor reduction for bosses. You'd be surprised HOW fast an elite boss goes down when everyone uses armor reduction on him. And I believe it stacks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    I use damage for trash mobs and armor reduction for bosses. You'd be surprised HOW fast an elite boss goes down when everyone uses armor reduction on him. And I believe it stacks.
    what i don't understand is how with four rogues in arena all spamming aimed shot and me using grim and two rogues using malison how do the bosses have any armor left? There has to be some type of limit on how much armor reduction can occur. I think aimed shot's armor reduction can stack up to 3 times. with 4 rogues and 2-3 armor reducing pets that's A LOT of armor reduction!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    what i don't understand is how with four rogues in arena all spamming aimed shot and me using grim and two rogues using malison how do the bosses have any armor left? There has to be some type of limit on how much armor reduction can occur. I think aimed shot's armor reduction can stack up to 3 times. with 4 rogues and 2-3 armor reducing pets that's A LOT of armor reduction!
    Those are all pets with a relatively low armor reduction chance. Additionally you can't stack debuffs (or buffs) from the same pet. Thus using two malisons will have the same benefit of having 1. Additionally, you can't stack aimed debuffs (this was a change in season 2 to prevet rouges from being OP in pvp).

The only Buff/debuff to stack is stun/panic/terrify. Because of this I try to run in a party if two mages, one rouge, and myself (a tank) whenever possible.

For pets, I doubt Grimm would be very effective in a boss fight. My go to is hammerjaw because of his heavy single target debuffs. Other good choices are party based Buff/debuff pets and stun pets. I.E. I would suggest ribbit, slag, blight, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Those are all pets with a relatively low armor reduction chance. Additionally you can't stack debuffs (or buffs) from the same pet. Thus using two malisons will have the same benefit of having 1. Additionally, you can't stack aimed debuffs (this was a change in season 2 to prevet rouges from being OP in pvp).

The only Buff/debuff to stack is stun/panic/terrify. Because of this I try to run in a party if two mages, one rouge, and myself (a tank) whenever possible.

For pets, I doubt Grimm would be very effective in a boss fight. My go to is hammerjaw because of his heavy single target debuffs. Other good choices are party based Buff/debuff pets and stun pets. I.E. I would suggest ribbit, slag, blight, etc.
    i didn't know the debuffs didn't stack. that makes sense tho. I was wondering why 2 mages and 2 rogues seem to kill arena bosses just as fast as 4 rogues. I'm saving up for hammerjaw but i suck at merching so it's going to take a while farming. haha.

Thanks for clarifying! it seems like having a variety of pets would be best. some that debuff and some that do different buffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

If we are talking Arena, why not have both?...Abanddon's passive consistenly debuffs armor while granting 12% damage. If HJ is hungry I find Abanddon very useful in the Arena.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

In party: Armor debuff. Your allies will find the boss easier taken down!

Solo: DMG buff. It's DMG..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Need to do a test..
    Will check n revert...