Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eternal Mitas hunt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Eternal Mitas hunt

Hello everyone,

I really would like to clarify my exact reasons, why am I making this thread, but I am honestly not sure. Most likely, its a result of my huge frustration of following matter, which I somehow cant get over, and my hope that sharing the facts will help me out. But I also hope that my experience may help others or serve as some kind of warning.

As you can guess from the title, the whole matter is about my unsuccessful effort to find the golden dragon pet Mitas in Guardian Dragon Packs. Asking PL players you can hear many rumors about this stuff. Many of them would tell you different odds, claiming they are pretty sure this and that number is the right one. I also heared few stories abou players, who have been helped by STS support in this case. Honestly, some of those references came from my friends that I considered really trustable. Unfortunately, as I found out later, every single rumor and sorry was false.

Let me post some facts now:

• To date, I have total purchased 6356 platinum (3x 2000pack + different kind of free rewards)
    • To date, I have already bought six Guardian Dragon Packs from in game store (500 platinum/pack). Each of those packs contained Red dragn pet Argos, which means none contained Golden Mitas.

Name:  Sixtimeargos.png
Views: 253
Size:  634.0 KB
    • My last purchase date: 2.11.2013
    • My first try date: 29.9.2012
    • Due to rumor: "The odds are special for each of your characters (avatars) and increases with each purchase" I made 5 of total 6 on one character.
    • Due to rumor: "Some characters has lower chance to get the special pack items" I tried to make one purchase on other character.
    • Due to rumor: "By quick follow-up purchases you raise your odds" I made two following purchases twice (On 3.2.2013 and 19.2.2013)
    • Due to rumor: "Wear the golden dragon set while buying to increase your odds" I followed this advice most of times.

You might think that I was stupid trusting those rumors. Honestly i was very skeptical anyway. But still, you never know what may work, so I followed each advice I found so far.

So, due to my oppinion, none of foregoing rumors is true.

Another chapter is my communication with Spacetime Support. Earlier, I was pretty sure that the sories about compensations for those, who made three or more unsuccesful purchases are based on truth. However, I first emailed them after the fifth purchase. I hope its not forbidden to quote the email conversation here so for those, who are interrested to read through, I am including the whole string here: Emails.pdf

Unfortunately, I have to say that it is very hard to get some more personal approach from Support employees. The first answer I got was just some generated message which, as I suppose, is used in all cases involving item packs. I really wasnt comfortable with that so I sent another email. I included questions about odds and was asking to prove/disprove the rumor about compensations. This time, I got no answer at all. After weeks of waiting, I send them another message, asking for my last email answer. (I dont want to blame Suport for ignoring me, it may has happened that my previous email was somehow lost) This time, I got the final, and finally personal answer:

Hello,

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do for you in this situation. I understand your frustration, but everybody has the same odds when it comes to item packs. And other players telling you that they got refunds is just untrue.

Regards,

Alex

So, this is the official word from STS. Especially last bold sentence is important for eveyone, who is having simmilar issues.

OK, these were the facts. I dont want to describe here my personal feelings about this matter. I really want to keep this thread purely informative. You all can judge by yourselves what do you consider fair and good, and I am glad if you you discuss your oppinions down here.

I also would like to ask you to share your own "Mitas score" in your replies. Means how many times did you buy Guardian Dragon Pack, if so, and if you succeeded finding Mitas. This data would help me to make some global statistics about this matter. I am sure none of you will share incorrect information, because it would ruin the credibility of any result. Proving by screenshot (as I did) would be purely excellent.

Well, thanks everyone for readng through and thanks in advance for you replies.

I hope there is someone who find this helpful and not only dumb lamentations :)

Have a nice day and see you in game.

Broadcastle
    Last edited by BroadCastle; 11-08-2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Wrong date, noticed by Roberto077

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BroadCastle For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Mitas is extremely hard to get. Very well written thread, easy to read and informative.

anyways, I'd like to point u to contact support with Mitas matters once again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

My long lost soul mate! Congratulations, Broadcastle, you and I are the only ones in this entire game with .0001% chances at anything rare, ever.

Just kidding, of course. (But it's true for me) Very excellent thread! I appreciate the statistics and I will not be attempting at a mitas anytime soon.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I got mine first try, I have crazy good luck when it comes to the packs. I've gotten all the "rare" items on first try. Except coal balloon. I got like 4-5 packs for that one. On the other hand, a friend of mine bought 8 packs with no success and contacted support they gave him 2 mitas. He showed me emails for proof. So them saying it is simply untrue. Is very much so "untrue".

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Everyone'sFavMage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Hello FavMage

have my congratulatons for your luck and thanks a lot for data entry. To the information about your friend, it is really suprising for me. I wouldnt expect that big disagreement in what STS say and what they do. Is the mentioned friend still active player and if so, would you be wlling to give me some contact on him or point him to this thread?

Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I've tried to get him a year ago. I made 3tries and didn't got. Due to a rumor, I emailed StS and they gave me! This is a true story but I can't find email. I think they stopped to do that since many friends of mine who tried more than 3 times did not get refund or got mitas as "compensation".
    Bang Bang I shot you down
    Bang Bang you hit the ground
    Bang Bang that awful sound
    Bang Bang I used to shoot you down -Nancy Sinatra

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lexlyde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Broad I contacted support for mine and I got my mitas.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Multibird For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

It has been a long, long time since your last try.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Support used to be much more supportive. I spent 4000 or more plat trying to get mitas with no luck. I emailed sts, they gave me mitas and refunded my plat. This was a yr and a half ago. So Alex saying this is untrue is ..... untrue. Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    It has been a long, long time since your last try.
    Hello, I am not sure If I got what yu meant, but my last try was on 2.11. this year. that is less than week ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

I got my mitas instead of the 500 plat and for the other packs, I got black and silver ocd.
    Last edited by Multibird; 11-08-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

There's actually a thread Physiologic made about purchasing Midas and STG personally gave him Midas, I believe.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Thanks everyone for stopping by and sharing your experiences.

I was already decided not to disturb STS Support with my matter anymore, most likely because I didn't want to read another answer about fair odds and about how they regret. That really just gets me upset. But now I am not sure... I really didnt expect multiple of you referring about positive support feedback in Mitas case. Thats relly supprting for me, ut I am afreid their approach has changed rapidly from older times... They refused me after 5 purchases, why would they accept now.

Actually, enlightened by new information from FavMage, Lexlyde, Multibird and Shilooo, I am most upset by Alex's last answer... If only they said, that their rules changed and they no longer provide compensations, I would be disapointed aswel but at least it wouldnt be lie.

Thank you all for encouraging me, now I will consider sending another request.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Send another request, and if I were you, just straight up ask for Mitas. Tell them that they can either refund you for all your plat wasted or just give you a Mitas and you'll be happy, I don't really think that being nice with them for every little request gets the job done, you may just have to point out the obvious to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BroadCastle View Post
    Hello, I am not sure If I got what yu meant, but my last try was on 2.11. this year. that is less than week ago.
    I guess he thought the date was written as m/d/y.

Those Americans
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

LEVEL ONE

haha I see, not his fault tho Im from Czech Republic and here it is customary to wtite the dates in d.m.y form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Mind you I'm not forum policing but isn't there a rule against posting personal correspondence from support?
    I'd rather you guys not get in trouble when you are only trying to help us by informing us of your personal experience.
    Also -Multibird, might wanna take that email address out.
    Yes I am the paranoid type heheh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Trenton:

Maybe you are right. I am trying to be very polite when asking for something on official level. Especially when I am not sure about my rights in that matter. Thats somehow based on my mentality And now, thinking about what you wrote, I agree that it may be also kind of disadvantage. The main point of request may get lost in the bunch of words.

Thank you for your advice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Suentous PO:

Yeah I am also a bit worried about that, I mentioned in main post hat I hope its not illegal. But in case of you not getting in trouble, I agree with warning for Multibird. I would feel terrible if you got in trouble because of me.
    Last edited by BroadCastle; 11-08-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Typos are funny.

[*]My last purchase date: 2.11.1013

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything