Thread: limit on mythic hoarding

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default limit on mythic hoarding

i kniw most ppl will be angry at this post but there should be limit on mythic hoarding. as the news of crafting came out ppl started to hoard and now normal players cant afford any mythic bcos its too expensive.
    Valheeru / Valaltor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Firstly, you have been making a lot of suggestions.. why not condense it all into one thread?

Secondly, some of your suggestions have seem to be mostly how it could benefit you more than other players... Remember that STG only implements suggestions that improve all player's gameplay.

Thirdly, why would there ever be a limit on hoarding? That's like telling Art museums to stop collecting art so other people who can't afford it, have a chance to own it. And besides, there is a reason why it is so expensive... why would the best gear in the game be easily available to normal players? Unless you want mythics are become so common that anyone can afford them and having them would be less valuable.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I understand his sentiments... Can be hard on us poorer players. Just stick it out val and farm some eggs. None of us want the market to prevent new players from continuing to play but adversely I can remember farming for three months to get my mythics. It makes me appreciate them more.

Also art is a luxury with no utility value. Mythics are very useful in endgame and PvP. Just saying...

Actually I would support a ban on having more than 3 of the same item not looted and of mythic or better rarity. (Yes I know there's ways around this but its a start) The reason I support this idea is simple... I want the game to progress and add more content. People getting frustrated with cs prices and leaving the game means less people buying platinum for reasonably priced goods. That means the sts people are taking in less money... Which means less development.

Without new players and expanding content.....

Not trying to argue with anyone.... Just my point of view.
    Last edited by DagnyTaggart; 11-08-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Umm... no? Mythics are rare and valuable, of course people are going to try and use that to make a profit. Mythics are supposed to be rare, not everyone should have mythic items... that was the whole point of them, something to strive to achieve.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

People who have mythics can do whatever they want to it.
    It's there's for keeping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Youre missing my point.... Also when sts creates drop rates for items I doubt they take into consideration hoarding. I just want this game to grow and expand.... I don't want a game where 100 of us sit around and talk about our great gear and how much we've got stockpiled while progression remains stagnant. Sounds boring to me...
    Last edited by DagnyTaggart; 11-09-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
    Youre missing my point.... Also when sts creates drop rates for items I doubt they take into consideration hoarding. I just want this game to grow and expand.... I don't want a game where 100 of us sit around and talk about our great gear and how much we've got stockpiled while progression remains stagnant. Sounds boring to me...
    There is some sense behind this comment...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
    It's not like people selling to the hoarders aren't getting anyone out of it.

First people sell to them; then people complain, lol.

I for one worked for a lot of what I've had, including Hammerjaw, Samael, myth daggers + 50M in cash and gear. I'm sure others have the capacity to do so as well.

Also, people are not taking into account that things like the mythic daggers are the best item in the game for rogue. So, if they have arcane pricing, what's the big deal? They're THE best weapon, so they're going to have ridiculously high prices.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Just ask for STS to bring them back with double mythic weekend. Just because someone buys up something and thinks its worth a certain price doesn't make it so. Don't over pay and keep saving your gold. Prices decline over time. This is a proven fact. Wait for the next crate even, when people start opening tons of crates the prices of mythics will drop. As prices decline over time and your gold goes up, they will meet at some point where you can afford to buy what you want. Farming with the top legendary gear is more then good enough. You don't need mythics unless you PvP. People say you can PvP with legendary gear, I would strongly disagree. Stay out of PvP until you get a few mythics like mythic armor, helm & mythic ring. I assume you're a rogue so I think you can get by with the best legendary bow or blades. Until mythic blades come down in price.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Just ask for STS to bring them back with double mythic weekend. Just because someone buys up something and thinks its worth a certain price doesn't make it so. Don't over pay and keep saving your gold. Prices decline over time. This is a proven fact. Wait for the next crate even, when people start opening tons of crates the prices of mythics will drop. As prices decline over time and your gold goes up, they will meet at some point where you can afford to buy what you want. Farming with the top legendary gear is more then good enough. You don't need mythics unless you PvP. People say you can PvP with legendary gear, I would strongly disagree. Stay out of PvP until you get a few mythics like mythic armor, helm & mythic ring. I assume you're a rogue so I think you can get by with the best legendary bow or blades. Until mythic blades come down in price.
    EDIT: People say you can PvP with legendary gear, I would strongly agree, especially for warriors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

The rarety of mythics right now might have a big contributing factor: STS banned a player coupl'a days ago who hoarded mythics and now they are gone from the market. Some people guess he had about 50% of available mythics.
    Last edited by Frohnatur; 11-10-2013 at 12:20 AM.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yeah, many mythics can be taken away from us like this, and also by many hoarders quitting the game leaving the market without even more, causing prices to rise even further.

~Zealouss~
    ~Add me for elite runs~

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

News Flash: The "hoarders" are a lie to get ~other~ players to hold their items while they dump theirs. Keeps the market price up and they are not left holding the bag.
    Seriously, how many players do you actually think have 15 million gold they are willing to spend on a weapon that is solely for use? These just get passed around to players who will pay 15 million because they think they can sell it for 16 million. If it was bind on purchase, the number of buyers would drop off to practically none. Sorry I had to say this, but it is getting out of hand.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    News Flash: The "hoarders" are a lie to get ~other~ players to hold their items while they dump theirs. Keeps the market price up and they are not left holding the bag.
    Seriously, how many players do you actually think have 15 million gold they are willing to spend on a weapon that is solely for use? These just get passed around to players who will pay 15 million because they think they can sell it for 16 million. If it was bind on purchase, the number of buyers would drop off to practically none. Sorry I had to say this, but it is getting out of hand.
    A lot of the time, this is true, but I don't think this is the case for daggers.

Have you TRIED to buy a mythic dagger off of anyone lately? You'll have better luck prying it out of their cold dead hands, haha!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    A lot of the time, this is true, but I don't think this is the case for daggers.

Have you TRIED to buy a mythic dagger off of anyone lately? You'll have better luck prying it out of their cold dead hands, haha!
    *Knock Knock*

You recently died in Elite, so I have come to repossess your Mythic Daggers. Please sign these release forms.

Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    *Knock Knock*

You recently died in Elite, so I have come to repossess your Mythic Daggers. Please sign these release forms.

You gotta try prying them out of my hands.

Or, perhaps you'd prefer the heavy Maul of Ollerus on Zeus?