Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mythic Weapon Pricing Explained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I think this thread misses the point a little. Anything is priced right if someone else pays the price? How much would I sell something for? The most someone else is willing to pay.

I can't afford mythic weapons at the moment but I don't think anyone should drop prices to be nice. If people don't buy prices will drop, if they do buy prices will rise. Simple supply and demand.

Hoarding can also be considered smart merching...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    Hoarding can also be considered smart merching...
    Unless somebody does not want to pay artificially manipulated prices and tries his luck opening crates. While I would buy Samael for 13M instantly, I will never pay 18M or more. If I think how much plat is equivalent to 18M, I will really rather pop the dreaded crates and I am sure I will be better off than coughing out 18 million of gold (try to farm it if you don't know how much work it is - this is not meant for Thrindal personally)

I am still waiting for arcane weekend patiently, no rush

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by parnasofication View Post
    Last time this happened was for the 36 mythics right? As far as I can remember, they had an intro price of 12m and later on settled at 15m. (Mythic Glaive) Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash or point fingers. Hoarders are just terms I use to shorten "smart merchants".

I opened 300+ crates for halloween(a mistake I will never repeat again), and NO mythic weapon. Double mythic means what then? 1%? 2%? .01 to .02%. It's all just luck anyway. I just call it as I see it, and hope for a good time farming crates once again if they get to 25k+.

Sent from under my bed.
    double mythic means double the amount of new items. Wich means more than the usual flow of the market and therefore an unnatural hitch in the goings of things. That what peeps are talking about here.

as to your luck: double chances doesnt mean threre's no bad luck anymore. I opened 399 crates without hitting paydirt. In the 400th crate i found scythe. Believe it or not. U bet i wont open crates anymore. I think i maxxed out my luck. Thats how the odds are. Double or not.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by parnasofication View Post
    Last time this happened was for the 36 mythics right? As far as I can remember, they had an intro price of 12m and later on settled at 15m. (Mythic Glaive) Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash or point fingers. Hoarders are just terms I use to shorten "smart merchants".

I opened 300+ crates for halloween(a mistake I will never repeat again), and NO mythic weapon. Double mythic means what then? 1%? 2%? .01 to .02%. It's all just luck anyway. I just call it as I see it, and hope for a good time farming crates once again if they get to 25k+.

Sent from under my bed.
    Sorry man, I think you're confused. There was no double mythics for L36 expansion as far as I know.

However, there was for the L31 expansion. In this time, L31 mythic weapons dropped from 8m to a dissapointing 1m. Heck, the pavise was selling for under 1m at one point.

Now, since it was double mythic weekend, other things were looted as well. The HUGE increase of mythics in the market completely crashed the elite legendary market because gear was just so cheap! The elite legendary market is a very necessary part of our economy. It gives the free players a way to work their way towards the arcane and mythics if they choose not to participate in merching and or opening locked crates.

Trust me, during the L31 double odds weekend, nearly everybody was looting mythic or arcane. I opened perhaps 200 crates (maybe a bit less) and looted 10+ mythics. Heck, I can't even remember anymore! All I remember is that I had more mythics in my inventory than pinks.

I know it wasn't freak luck however, as the market showed the huge amount of mythics coming into the market. It was honestly just overwhelming & 2 months later into the L36 cap is when the L31 mythics are finally starting to regain SOME of their original value.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Sorry man, I think you're confused. There was no double mythics for L36 expansion as far as I know.

However, there was for the L31 expansion. In this time, L31 mythic weapons dropped from 8m to a dissapointing 1m. Heck, the pavise was selling for under 1m at one point.

Now, since it was double mythic weekend, other things were looted as well. The HUGE increase of mythics in the market completely crashed the elite legendary market because gear was just so cheap! The elite legendary market is a very necessary part of our economy. It gives the free players a way to work their way towards the arcane and mythics if they choose not to participate in merching and or opening locked crates.

Trust me, during the L31 double odds weekend, nearly everybody was looting mythic or arcane. I opened perhaps 200 crates (maybe a bit less) and looted 10+ mythics. Heck, I can't even remember anymore! All I remember is that I had more mythics in my inventory than pinks.

I know it wasn't freak luck however, as the market showed the huge amount of mythics coming into the market. It was honestly just overwhelming & 2 months later into the L36 cap is when the L31 mythics are finally starting to regain SOME of their original value.
    Ahh I think I get it now. My bad, and thanks for clearing it up.

Sent from under my bed.
    I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Elite legendary market was already dead last season before the double mythic weekend. Elite legendary market is already dead this season, and was even before the new mythic weapons came out. Crafting is going to kill the legendary market more than another double mythic weekend as mythic items will soon have the potential to have 6 more stat points than the same level legendary item from a potential third superior bond.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Elite legendary market was already dead last season before the double mythic weekend. Elite legendary market is already dead this season, and was even before the new mythic weapons came out. Crafting is going to kill the legendary market more than another double mythic weekend as mythic items will soon have the potential to have 6 more stat points than the same level legendary item from a potential third superior bond.
    As long as the prices are higher than a elite golden puzzlebox, I don't think it's quite crashed.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Raise prices!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoubleYou View Post
    Raise prices!
    Selling Nightmarish Daggers of Force - 21m non-negotiable!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:1333087
    Raise prices!
    Selling Nightmarish Daggers of Force - 21m non-negotiable!
    I'll buy 24m! Don't try an undersell me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'll buy 24m! Don't try an undersell me!
    Well, can you do 25m then? I'll try to oversell you then. Before, I was offering you a bargain.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't try an scam me I want it for 30m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

As long as the prices are higher than a elite golden puzzlebox, I don't think it's quite crashed.
    Lolz, i think i am just a dinosaur in this game, whishing it was still something that it no longer is. You didn't really play too much before mythic items came out. Before mythic items came out you could make a good amount of gold from farming elite legendary gear, with several items worth well over 1m gold for a good amount of a season. Now it is much harder with not many elite legendary items going for a premium, except for perhaps the archon rings. Making 100k on a rare elite drop is no good way to make money. Imagine how long it would take you to make the same 30m you made over the double mythic weapon weekend farming elite legendary gear. It is no secret that farming is not a good way to make a serious amount of gold anymore, with all the big players either being merchs or big plat spenders. So yes I would argue that the elite legendary market has been dead ever since the introduction of mythic gear and flooding of the market with both mythic items and cheap crate legendary gear. It's fine, I have almost come to terms with this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Lolz, i think i am just a dinosaur in this game, whishing it was still something that it no longer is. You didn't really play too much before mythic items came out. Before mythic items came out you could make a good amount of gold from farming elite legendary gear, with several items worth well over 1m gold for a good amount of a season. Now it is much harder with not many elite legendary items going for a premium, except for perhaps the archon rings. Making 100k on a rare elite drop is no good way to make money. Imagine how long it would take you to make the same 30m you made over the double mythic weapon weekend farming elite legendary gear. It is no secret that farming is not a good way to make a serious amount of gold anymore, with all the big players either being merchs or big plat spenders. So yes I would argue that the elite legendary market has been dead ever since the introduction of mythic gear and flooding of the market with both mythic items and cheap crate legendary gear. It's fine, I have almost come to terms with this

Haha, but there are items worth 300k+ excluding archon rings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Haha, but there are items worth 300k+ excluding archon rings.
    But fighting in elite legendary gear is a bit struggle compared to mythics one from my personal experience. Yes mythics should give his owner uperhand, but it would have meaning only if there were only few pieces of them. Not possible with the amount of crates that was and is opened. So everything is desinged around mythics, dungeons, arena, pvp, leaving out players with different gear.

So everyone is after mythics and ofc want "cheap" prices.

And i had a hard time selling elite legendaries, even when they were the best for their class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

These are the top level 36 legendary items in CS. I don't know if people are hording these as well since not many of them in CS. And if I farmed any I'd hold back selling them until after upgrading.

Pylon of Brutality - 500k
    Quills of Brutality - 700k (used to be significantly less)
    Architect Blade of Assault - 500k
    Entombed Hammer of Warfare (lvl 35) - 400k

Your chances of getting one of these is pretty slim even with platinum, if it wasn't you'd see a lot more in CS and prices would be even lower. I'd also rather save my gold and buy mythic gun or bow. That's the problem with having one more tier above legendary. Why waste your gold on legendary. If it was me, I'd get by with the best legendary gun which is pretty cheap. Save my gold and use it to buy a mythic gun. But now that prices are where they are. Just continue to save and buy a mythic staff/bow/glaive once the prices come down.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i wait until mythic weekend come back.. prices are soo high...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ruizerwin For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Sry to rain on ur parade but can't AL players srsly figure this much by themselves?

And I'm asking srsly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

LOL u opened a big can of worms here :-P

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Sry to rain on ur parade but can't AL players srsly figure this much by themselves?

And I'm asking srsly.
    Well, they're now 20m+ for the weapons so...