Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A basic guide to bear tanking (since it seems people really need it)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcoot View Post
    The trick is to get it to the masses that don't read the forums
    The easiest solution would be to integrate this post into the bear character screen somehow.

But then how many would read it? People don't even read the effects of each move.

Finally there's the matter of expectations. Most new players are used to all bears being scatter bears. The incentive to get better is not as strong as in the Sewers. As I said, bad tanks were kicked regularly. They HAD to get better. Not so much nowadays.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 11-11-2013 at 01:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    The trick is to get it to the masses that don't read the forums
    The easiest solution would be to integrate this post into the bear character screen somehow.

But then how many would read it? People don't even read the effects of each move.

Finally there's the matter of expectations. Most new players are used to all bears being scatter bears. The incentive to get better is not as strong as in the Sewers. As I said, bad tanks were kicked regularly. They HAD to get better. Not so much nowadays.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Let me quote you,

"As I said, bad tanks were kicked regularly. They HAD to get better. Not so much nowadays."

Well, "nowadays" bears just get kicked, because they are a bear. People just assume that since that guy is a bear, he's a scatterbear. Crimsontider made a thread about it somewhere. If you don't have a 3 piece elite ring, and a savage set, most likely you will be booted. People also don't care how skilled you are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

On the runs that I've been, I've seen a lot of bears that I have been tempted to kick. I haven't though, since I know that from experience, their replacement would be just another scatter bear.

But to be honest, I don't blame the people that do. 96% of the time, it's justified. It's unfortunate for the 4% that know what they are doing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThePvpTwink View Post
    I personally think tanking up front is fun and keeps you focused on surviving, just need 1h at endgame. I also usually don't use iron blood unless emergency as taunt and evade provide enough for me

The only thing I see that's bad about scatterbears are when they stomp so far the enemy resets...

A possible reason why ppl don't use iron blood and hell scream is bc hey may think it doesn't do anything, I've known people who say iron blood has no benefits for them and he'll scream does no damage

I suppose that's the unexpected side effect of elixir addiction.

Something else to think about is multiple bear runs. I hate when another bear screws up my pulls. That's why when I play my bear I try to get way out in front
    It's probably worth making a separate thread over that. Will do later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Blame it on the auto-leveling system. New players who don't know how to deactivate the system often don't know what their skills do, hence the large amount of scatter bears which are literally everywhere.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

On the runs that I've been, I've seen a lot of bears that I have been tempted to kick. I haven't though, since I know that from experience, their replacement would be just another scatter bear.

But to be honest, I don't blame the people that do. 96% of the time, it's justified. It's unfortunate for the 4% that know what they are doing.
    I'm not ashamed to admit when I'm hosting with one of my bears I ruthlessly boot any bear that joins. I don't enjoy booting so why do it? Because of Who's quote there ^^ - 99% of the time its justified. And like Coot, I don't like my pulls gettin messed up... and frankly, neither do the people in my party lol.

I can remember a time when plenty of bear players knew how to play together, leap-frogging - and there was no need to boot. Unfortunately, that time is gone...

When I'm not playing a bear I don't boot bears... Instead I just smh and get incredibly discouraged by horrible bear play... which makes me feel justified auto-booting as a bear myself. I also see the rare bear who is a great puller, but these are so few and far between...

Great thread! This thread combined with Argyos' Visual Crowd Control post should be mandatory reading for all bear players!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyranno- For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Good read! Thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Add Friuadale(IGN) hes lvl76 bear...taught me basics of tanking and will help anyone out...(learned from mrwallace himself)