Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A more modest proposal to balance the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilgangster View Post
    Man I surely hope 76 isn't it, I spent so much money to get to lvl 76 after I came back from a few months of not playing, now my plat is in the triple digits and surely I'd hope to spend it on a future cap.
    I hate to be so blunt, but unless STS announces that there's going to be a future level, at this point, we should assume that 76 is well, the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThePvpTwink View Post
    Kind of like the upgrade ring thing but 100000 will discourage those who do not play as much
    But that's kind of the point. They can't just make an easy quest for a 2-3piece black ring... It would have to be hard to get if they implemented this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Wouldn't it be unfair to the players who:
    1) Spent 1000+ Plat to obtain Midas
    2) Paid 40 mil+ to get a black dragon ring
    3) Paid 500 plat for an OCD that has significantly weaker stats than a 200 plat Vanity

Everything else looks good to me, maybe make a way for people who actually spent $100+ after Fang Cap to get Angelic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    Wouldn't it be unfair to the players who:
    1) Spent 1000+ Plat to obtain Midas
    2) Paid 40 mil+ to get a black dragon ring
    3) Paid 500 plat for an OCD that has significantly weaker stats than a 200 plat Vanity

Everything else looks good to me, maybe make a way for people who actually spent $100+ after Fang Cap to get Angelic
    1. How much platinum does it take to go through 100k of exp? Hint: A lot. Then they have to pay for Midas for 800p.

Another question. A lot of the pricey pets are deals of the day. Is it not unfair to those that paid a lot earlier?

2. Everything depreciates in price. Eventually. I view it as the cost of owning something first. Whenever a new tier is released, the pinks from it are always very pricey. But as time passes, the price drops. People who buy early know this. They do it anyways.

3. Not really. The Founders helm cost nothing for example. In any event, you are forgetting about the fact that people who run this will need to yet again run 100,000 xp again.

But if you want the other answer, the priority is about breathing more life into the game. You do realise of course that my suggestions will lead to renewed interest in the game right? Even those with the black set will benefit from a better community, which more than offsets anything else. Also remember only a small portion of the population is going to finish the quests.

I don't think you get the point. This game is dying slowly. If your perceived notions of "fairness" were carried out there would be no Deals of the Day for example. Would you see that scrapped for fairness as you define it? I think that under the circumstances, there needs to be a considerable incentive to retain the current players and attract new ones.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 11-19-2013 at 01:03 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

40mil is not worth the ~500 plat to gain 100k exp doe not to mention black dragon has only 2 armor more than gold dragon which at 70+ matters very very little.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IGN Storm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Worth it is a subjective term. Was it worth it for the people that paid 40m? Evidently they felt that it was.

But as I said, I think at this point it's all about tradeoffs. Considering hardly anyone has a black set (a few people do), it's a minor tradeoff in exchange for a potentially much more active community.

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    40mil is not worth the ~500 plat to gain 100k exp doe not to mention black dragon has only 2 armor more than gold dragon which at 70+ matters very very little.
    Good point. I'm inclined to agree. The black dragon will need a decent drop rate for this to work.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 11-14-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I don't mean to rock the boat that is pvp fixes but pve is fine where it is now simply speaking: Don't fix what's not broken
    And on pvp I feel would make things easyer if it was just for pvp not affecting pve as well when nerfing items or characters.

Just my opinion though seeing what's going on now. I'm not going to and won't speak about pvp though since I don't pvp enough to infer on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Heres a better (IMO) idea for the elite ring!!

Instead of 100k XP to get bonus elite ring, make it 100k kills. Maybe that will support soloing and non combo elixirs?

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    Heres a better (IMO) idea for the elite ring!!

Instead of 100k XP to get bonus elite ring, make it 100k kills. Maybe that will support soloing and non combo elixirs?

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Changed to 100k kills then in PvE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Dex bears ftw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingzila View Post
    I don't mean to rock the boat that is pvp fixes but pve is fine where it is now simply speaking: Don't fix what's not broken
    And on pvp I feel would make things easyer if it was just for pvp not affecting pve as well when nerfing items or characters.

Just my opinion though seeing what's going on now. I'm not going to and won't speak about pvp though since I don't pvp enough to infer on it.
    Most of these changes will positively rather than negatively affect PvE. Mages and birds will do somewhat more damage. PvE will not be harmed and may indeed be enhanced. It will be more viable to do runs without elixirs, although I suspect nobody will elect to take advantage of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

This is great, I skimmed thorugh, but I've a question. Why make the black dragon ring available for those that can't buy the set? It will for sure cause drama. Ppl that worked hard, some paid 40 mil to get that set. And now these free loaders get it by getting 100k kills in pve? 100k kill is no big challenge imo.
    It's like saying ppl that didn't cap 56, get another chance at the crown of persistence by getting 100k kills in pve.

This isn't fair to those that have been playing for a long time, and some guy who has only been here for 2 caps, humania and bsm, get a freeway to black dragon ring with 3pcs elite.

Correct me if I read it wrong, I skimmed through fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Multibird View Post
    This is great, I skimmed thorugh, but I've a question. Why make the black dragon ring available for those that can't buy the set? It will for sure cause drama. Ppl that worked hard, some paid 40 mil to get that set. And now these free loaders get it by getting 100k kills in pve? 100k kill is no big challenge imo.
    It's like saying ppl that didn't cap 56, get another chance at the crown of persistence by getting 100k kills in pve.

This isn't fair to those that have been playing for a long time, and some guy who has only been here for 2 caps, humania and bsm, get a freeway to black dragon ring with 3pcs elite.

Correct me if I read it wrong, I skimmed through fast.
    Yes. This is deliberate. I've already answered this question.

Actually with my suggestions the people who did not cap at 56 do effectively get that chance at getting the 3 piece.

Why is it no fair? Whenever a new level comes out the pinks are always expensive. They drop rapidly. People still buy them. The same logic is simply being applied here, only the black dragon has not been available for 1 year. 100k kills is hardly "nothing", it's something. I would argue strictly from a balance standpoint that it's probably not fair to someone playing today to be at a big drawback. For sure I support the idea of vanities that are exclusive, but once it starts to count for stats, that's when I get a bit edgy.

Regardless, the amount of people who have the black dragon isn't a huge number against the total population who could get it, so my hope is that it will re-ignite some PvE activity.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 11-19-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Yes. This is deliberate. I've already answered this question.

Actually with my suggestions the people who did not cap at 56 do effectively get that chance at getting the 3 piece.

Why is it no fair? Whenever a new level comes out the pinks are always expensive. They drop rapidly. People still buy them. The same logic is simply being applied here, only the black dragon has not been available for 1 year. 100k kills is hardly "nothing", it's something. I would argue strictly from a balance standpoint that it's probably not fair to someone playing today to be at a big drawback. For sure I support the idea of vanities that are exclusive, but once it starts to count for stats, that's when I get a bit edgy.

Regardless, the amount of people who have the black dragon isn't a huge number against the total population who could get it, so my hope is that it will re-ignite some PvE activity.
    From my point of view, pve isn't hard. It depends on who is the player and how much effort they put in. Some ppl try hard and can easily get kills. Others that are lazy and chose to leech off, never get big kills.

P.S. don't forget about the blessing combos.
    Last edited by Multibird; 11-19-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Multibird View Post
    From my point of view, pve isn't hard. It depends on who is the player and how much effort they put in. Some ppl try hard and can easily get kills. Others that are lazy and chose to leech off, never get big kills.

P.S. don't forget about the blessing combos.
    It is not hard for a veteran player. It is feasible without elixirs. Can you say the same thing though about the average PUG, especially if they were not given the opportunity to run without elixirs?

Regardless, the point may be moot. I don't see how any of these changes takes away anything from PvE. If anything, it may add to the PvE base as it will generate some renewed interest in farming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

After some discussion, I think that removing the stun proc on the 1h weapon is the way to go.

As a result of these changes:

1. Str will be a support class, in CTF frequent flag captures, but low K/D
    2. In 1v1, str should manage a 1 to 1 K/D with most classes

Yet another option is to give int and dex a proc. Make int get a freeze proc (so turn current weapons to ice and give bird a "root" proc that roots targets into place).
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 11-24-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

I'm speechless. Wow. Just wow.

You sir, are a legend. I will say your name everytime I join an endgame PvP game.

& for sts, why tf (the fudge) hasnt this been implemented?!
    Instead of recoloring/remaking old items & MAPS that dont want remaking cus either boring or very valued as disc., do this!! Why you haven't already, cannot understand.. Why?!

You have the list infront of you & you're not doing anything?
    Its like finding a cure for cancer and just letting people carry on dying.
    (Sorry if offended anyone by using that analogy)

It isn't even like it'd would take that long..

@WhoIsThis - You are a god.

Idk if necro'd but tbh it needs reviving, ppl need to take notice & make this happen.

Also, jw what is stat req for 2/3 rings? Cus ya dont want ppl like level 30+ having 3Pc cus they farmed pve kills, same with old low levels that have farmed pve when you could farm w/o gaining xp.

If ring reqs are 56/61+ etc nvm just wondering.

P.S - Love the bigger thread, thankyou for putting effort into this. Hopefully sts will have the decency to apply it as you have gone to this much effort AND many MANNNNYYYY ppl love the threads.
    Check out my Step By Step L.15 Mage Guide

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173840-gt-THE-L-15-Complete-Mage-Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Also I dont think you should get any of the vanities for the pve achievement thing. Just the ring, this way ppl still get a bonus for lvling before "The Update".

Also, I too think 100k is minimal, maybe 250k for 2pc & 500k for 3pc?
    Idk, just my thoughts.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173840-gt-THE-L-15-Complete-Mage-Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Also black drag people could get something in return for having crafted black drag. Not sure what but something along those lines.
    But again I'll repeat, WhoIsThis you're awesome.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

One of the wisest individuals I've ever talked to, this man.