Thread: Best Hourly Rate?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default Best Hourly Rate?

Hi, I've been playing Arcane Legends for probably close to 2 months now and I'm now level capped with my mythic armor set. So at this point, I want to start saving for a glaive. Obviously this means a LOT of farming... So I'm curious what you guys think... I've done a ton of crate farming Jarl, which isn't bad, and it's incredibly easy, but it will drive you insane after a little while. So, all things considered, (pot usage, etc.) what do you feel is the best way to make the highest hourly rate in the game? Preferably not involving plat usage, though I do buy reroll elixers most the time I'm farming. I know people can make a lot from buying and reselling but that typically involves having a lot of extra cash to buy items. After buying my armor, I'm basically starting back from 0 again.

Would love to hear everyone's fav farming methods. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I know that crate farming at KM3 is popular.

Gladiator Arena is another popular farming spot.

As for everything else, I say it could be hit or miss. There are times when I can make 100's of thousands in gold from Elite Lost Mage's Mine off of the Wrathjaw and Snaggletooth eggs, but I can also go for a dozen runs in a row without a single decent drop, so it all depends on your luck.

I've also made a couple hundred K's on a single Elite Ferrix or Elite Overgrowth drop, but the pot burn there is very high and the drop rate is very low - it's a home run or nothing in Shuyal.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I know that crate farming at KM3 is popular.

Gladiator Arena is another popular farming spot.

As for everything else, I say it could be hit or miss. There are times when I can make 100's of thousands in gold from Elite Lost Mage's Mine off of the Wrathjaw and Snaggletooth eggs, but I can also go for a dozen runs in a row without a single decent drop, so it all depends on your luck.

I've also made a couple hundred K's on a single Elite Ferrix or Elite Overgrowth drop, but the pot burn there is very high and the drop rate is very low - it's a home run or nothing in Shuyal.
    all true. i do jarl BUT NOT OFTEN. it can make me crazy O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Gold mine is also a good spot it's a long way till boss but high crate rate coz of 4 bosses at once
    Spraypaint - lvl 81

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I dont like gold mine because it takes 5 minutes for 4 boss kills, whereas I can kill Jarl 4 times in a little over 2 minutes. Ive considered trying the gladiator arena as well but if you go with PUGs it's a bit of a gamble at times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I have found success farming elite weapons for about 2 seasons now. AtM, the best weapons to farm are Arc Blades, Pylons, Entombed Hammers, Nordr Jewel and if you're feeling bold Arc Quills. This can be pretty frustrating due to the low drop rates, as of now I'm going through a 2 day drought. On the other hand, when you're on you're on and can get rich in a day or two. I'm not personally fond of "small ball" farming. I like to gather a group of efficient runners and swing for the homerun and don't mind the misses.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Elite overgrow, inan'hesh, and ferix. My #1 is overgrow for the most gold but you need a high dps party, same for inan'hesh. For an everyday shuyal farmer head for ferix.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Elite overgrowth and Elite ferrix take both around 15-20mins with a good group and result in some of the top gear (Architect and Puzzleboxes)

Km3 you can make roughly 40-50k an hour from locked chests which is marvelous

Some nordr maps are good now like the one which drops entombed hammer because they are worth like 300-400k

Also I like kettle (Elite forest) and Malison (elite rooks) runs.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Forum For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Agreed, Kettle hunts seems to be decent....I usually get around a 5-10% drop rate when using Reroll. So, at 2:30 per run solo, an hour of farming will net around 2-3 eggs, worth about 40k each (80-120k per hour).

Mali is another home run, but it's value has dropped quite a bit, but is still good at around 100k. Unfortunately, it drops for me around a 1-3% rate, so that's pretty bad. At 8-9 minutes a run, I am not guaranteed anything in an hour (unless I get lucky opening the chests).

Elite Oltgar (Frostir) is fun, but that is another home run if you can drop an Entombed Hammer or an Elite Golden Warchest, which does have solid resale value.

Elite Ferrix is one of my favorites, but requires a good party. It can drop Architect Pylons (of Brutality would be preferred) and Elite Golden Puzzleboxes. I'm not sure that I can justify the pot burn on this map for the 1 in 25 chance that you get lucky - but, I really do enjoy the challenge of farming these tough maps. Shuyal has the best home run maps currently, with Archon rings netting up to 4 million and Architect gear yielding several hundreds of thousands!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Agreed, Kettle hunts seems to be decent....I usually get around a 5-10% drop rate when using Reroll. So, at 2:30 per run solo, an hour of farming will net around 2-3 eggs, worth about 40k each (80-120k per hour).

Mali is another home run, but it's value has dropped quite a bit, but is still good at around 100k. Unfortunately, it drops for me around a 1-3% rate, so that's pretty bad. At 8-9 minutes a run, I am not guaranteed anything in an hour (unless I get lucky opening the chests).

Elite Oltgar (Frostir) is fun, but that is another home run if you can drop an Entombed Hammer or an Elite Golden Warchest, which does have solid resale value.

Elite Ferrix is one of my favorites, but requires a good party. It can drop Architect Pylons (of Brutality would be preferred) and Elite Golden Puzzleboxes. I'm not sure that I can justify the pot burn on this map for the 1 in 25 chance that you get lucky - but, I really do enjoy the challenge of farming these tough maps. Shuyal has the best home run maps currently, with Archon rings netting up to 4 million and Architect gear yielding several hundreds of thousands!
    My runs exactly :-) yes mali price drop because I think when expansion cams out people wanted to test near gear on easy elites. Loads farmed price dropped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

While I agree with what Zu says about small balls, you may consider also Lost Mage's Mine or Captain Rutger. The first is faster, the second has two bosses. Snaggles and Wraths still sell for decent money.

About Shuyal all has been said. You have an additional chance to loot Archon ring (chances dramatically increase with lixers and Lepre but still are fairly low). Best rings can get you 20% towards Glaive instantly.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

17. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post: