Quote Originally Posted by LoonnooL View Post
UPGRADING
Increases the primary stats of the equipment: e.g. "Weapon Attack" for weapons, "Armor" for armors

• Upgrading of equipment should only require gold and the equipment to be upgraded
  • With each success of upgrading, the equipment gains "+x" at the end of the equipment name. Where x = number of times the equipment has been upgraded successfully in a row.
  • There should be a limit to how many times an equipment can be upgraded successfully in a row. The most reasonable number should be 10.
  • The increase to the primary stats should be proportional to the number of consecutive successful upgrades.
  • Failure in attempting to upgrade a piece of equipment may result to:
    • Loss of gold
    • Decrease the current number of consecutive successful upgrades the equipment has
    • Destruction of equipment
  • What will be the result when failing an upgrading attempt should depend on the current number of consecutive successful upgrades.
  • Equipments of a y tier should outshine equipments of a y+5 tier (But not by a lot). Example: A weapon of level requirement of level 50 with 10 consecutive successful upgrade should be able to out-perform level 55 with no upgrades.

• OPTIONAL
  • Equipments can gain a glowing effect when the equipment is upgraded to a high level.
  • Binding equipments at max possible upgrade on (a) Final Upgrade OR (b) First character/account to wear the equipment.

MISC
  • Leave the crystals idea for another type of "upgrade" available to the equipments (aka. enchanting)
  • IMO!! Only the pink grade equipments can be broken down into crystals.

I probably missed quite a few details. My eyes are dry now x.x

Awesome. Edited first post. Just let me know if you want to add anything