Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revive: Consolidated Upgrading Suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Revive: Consolidated Upgrading Suggestion

Hi community.

First of all, would just like to mention that the points in this thread are NOT fully my own, I've done some searching around forums and listing of upgrading suggestions and have decided to compile them as much as I can, as clear as I can.

Second, this is NOT a farmers suggestion to earn more money (Sagkai's is closed), so this is not for personal gain, but for the majority of players and content.

Upgrading

As most of you gamers know, upgrading is the process which you can improve your gear. It is not forging where you need to collect other materials and forge them into some "Enchanted" gear.

What I've been reading, and have in mind, is simply a "Blacksmith" type of upgrading where you can go from +1 above. Although enchanting would be good as well, this thread is mainly focused on upgrading.

Advantages

1. Prolonging content life - As we all know, Ao3 was great after it came out (4th of October I believe based from this thread : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ht=Alien+Oasis). Personally, it gave me about 2 weeks of intense playing, nonstop content and action when I logged in, and always had something to do. I don't think we can deny that over the past 3 weeks, that Ao3 content has dwindled down fast.

Upgrading would be able to relive and prolong, past, present, and future content. It would allow lower level gear (which twinks use/need) to be needed even more, Ao3 gear which everyone currently uses to be needed even more, and future content to be needed even more when they come out. This makes all gear wanted AGAIN and almost infinitely prolonged. Its no longer about just getting a void/rift/cosmos set, but a +10 set (or however you want to call the max upgrade limit).

2. Increases replayability - This idea was taken mostly from smoaes thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...uld-help-a-lot). Although his thread mainly focuses more on editing/adding current pinks, upgrading would simply just use the current pinks in game. It is somehow related to prolonging content, that instead of just aiming for a void/rift/cosmos set, it would be upgrading them to the max limit. It would give people more things to do when they get online, more reason to farm, and overall more fun.

3. Platinum Opportunity - This section is mainly for the devs, and personally I'm not a huge fan of it, but it will exist if upgrading comes out. Based off my previous experiences in F2P MMOs, they offer premium items that prevent "breaking" or "increases chances" of upgrading. I don't want to suggest that per se, since it would add extreme differences between players that can and cannot spend on the game. I do suggest though a platinum item that can increase chances of upgrading, since this is not required to play and would act mainly like the Luck Elixir (which most know is not needed in farming to get rares), which would give you a chance to re-roll your upgrade to save the gear. This would maybe,hopefully persuade devs to acting upon upgrading quick and implement on next update.

4. Bridging the gap between new/patron players - With the arrival of the new android market (YAY), player count should increase (I don't know if double, assuming as much people use android and willing to play PL) by quite an amount. Upgrading which would increase the need for lower level items (twinks) would allow these new players to "catch up" to the more established players from the iDevices. Personally, when I started, I had a really hard time especially until Ao2. I only maximised when Ao3 came out and started making money, before that it was slim pickins for me. I didn't know much about twink items and such since I didn't really see any B> advertisements and the usual thoth/isis armors would be cheap since one set was enough.

Disadvantages

I don't really see a clear disadvantage of upgrading, aside from the work from devs and such :P, but maybe because I'm biased towards thinking its a good thing. Would love your opinions and suggestions too. The only thing I see that could possibly make it hard for players would be adding a gold fee; another gold sink. Hopefully it would be fine since I heard from the PL Facebook site that they have upcoming plans to implement additional equipment :

Pocket Legends: We do have a couple of invisible slots still available (amulet and ring at the least). Nothing implemented yet, but tucked away for a future update.

How to

The basic idea of Upgrading in this case is, putting together 2 items of the same kind to have a CHANCE to upgrade it to the next level.

Gurgox Hammer + Gurgox Hammer = Chance of going +1, and so on to +10 with the chance getting lower. +1 Gurgox Hammer + a +0 Gurgox Hammer = +2 Hammer. +3 Hammer + +0 = +4, and so on.

Each time it fails, ONLY the higher +# item would be destroyed. The +0 item would remain. This would allow replayability again.

So after showing the advantages/disadvantages, I've been trying to think of a way on how to calculate the effects and chances of upgrading.

Right now the current sets give these stats+bonuses (these are the full set bonuses for void/rift/cosmos):

Void set gives a total of : 33 Dex - 24 % Dodge - 3 H/S 15 M/S - 94 Armor + Stat bonuses

Rift : 44 Str - 32 % Crit - 8 H/S - 163 Armor + Stat bonuses

Cosmos : 33 Int - 6 % Crit - 9 H/S 24 M/S - 86 Armor + Stat bonuses

So what I think upgrading should do is enhance the current stats of the sets or allow to have the set what it needs.

The void set (lets talk about armour) has 22 Dex - 16% Dodge - 2 H/S 10 M/S - 91 Armor. What does this set lack? Its a dex set therefore it might be able to use some crit yeah? So the standard upgrade for armour should add armour per upgrade. +10 Void Armor set (Leather + Helm) = +20 Armour. For the "need" of the set, which is crit, I would suggest adding these bonuses on milestone levels of a successful upgrade. These milestones can be set at +3, +5, +7 and +10.

The same for the rift set, we all know it could use some M/S, so along with the armour upgrade per upgrade level, the milestone levels can add some M/S. So at +3 you can get 1 m/s per armour. So a +3 ARMOUR Rift set would give 3 m/s. A +5 set would give 6 m/s, and so on.

As for the cosmos set, we know mages can definitely use some more armour or HP, so at those milestone levels, additional armour or HP can be given. Still the same concept as the previous milestone levels. For +3 cosmos armour set, you could get a bonus +2 armor and 5 HP. So a +3 Cosmos Armour set would give you +6 extra armour and 15 extra HP, +5 would give +12 extra armour and 30 extra HP, and so on.

As for the weapons, I've always had the impression that weapons should have separate stats as armors, in this case though they do have the same stats except damage instead of armour. So per upgrade would add a small amount of damage, milestone levels add a larger damage bonus.

More than just the stats, I suggest a "vanity" effect of upgrading. These milestone levels add certain "glows" to the equipment. For weapons, +3 adds a small glow and +10 would add a large glow. Armours should also have a glow though I'm not sure how to do a multiple armour glow effect. Furthermore, a lot of people with glows might increase the graphical lag. (Maybe an option can be implemented which you can turn off these glows?)

ADDITIONAL SUGGESTIONS :

1. Upgraded lower tiers should not be able to compare or exceed the ability of higher tiers. (Thanks Necrobane)

eg. +10 45 gear should only barely equal +0 50 gear.

2. Upgraded gear +1-10 CANNOT be traded and should be binded to the character. Only +0 gears can be traded/sold. (Thanks maneut)

3. The breaking down of green, orange, purple, and some lower valued pinks to allow "Magic Crystals" to be made. These crystals along with the 2 pieces of gear used for upgrading would allow a higher chance or a safety net for upgrading. (Thanks Htiek)

Eg. 1 orange = 1 magic crystal, 2 green = 2 magic crystal, purp = 3, pink = 4. Magic crystals can provide a safety net for +1-+3. Lets say maybe 10 magic crystals for +1 to +3 keeps it from breaking 100%. 10 Magic crystals from +3-+5 keep it from breaking by 50%. Figures are just rough estimates though.

4. Most complete and practical suggestion

UPGRADING
    Increases the primary stats of the equipment: e.g. "Weapon Attack" for weapons, "Armor" for armors

• Upgrading of equipment should only require gold and the equipment to be upgraded
    • With each success of upgrading, the equipment gains "+x" at the end of the equipment name. Where x = number of times the equipment has been upgraded successfully in a row.
    • There should be a limit to how many times an equipment can be upgraded successfully in a row. The most reasonable number should be 10.
    • The increase to the primary stats should be proportional to the number of consecutive successful upgrades.
    • Failure in attempting to upgrade a piece of equipment may result to:
      • Loss of gold
      • Decrease the current number of consecutive successful upgrades the equipment has
      • Destruction of equipment
    • What will be the result when failing an upgrading attempt should depend on the current number of consecutive successful upgrades.
    • Equipments of a y tier should outshine equipments of a y+5 tier (But not by a lot). Example: A weapon of level requirement of level 50 with 10 consecutive successful upgrade should be able to out-perform level 55 with no upgrades.

• OPTIONAL
    • Equipments can gain a glowing effect when the equipment is upgraded to a high level.
    • Binding equipments at max possible upgrade on (a) Final Upgrade OR (b) First character/account to wear the equipment.

MISC
    • Leave the crystals idea for another type of "upgrade" available to the equipments (aka. enchanting)
    • IMO!! Only the pink grade equipments can be broken down into crystals.

(Suggested by LoonnooL)

END

So I'm hoping this thread was quite a comprehensive one and such. I've been thinking about this concept for about 2 weeks now and sadly it was just my final exams (which i finished today so BOOYAH BRING IT ON PL).

I would LOVE all your suggestions and such, this is again not for personal gain, this would make the game so much more fun for everyone. I'd love to have anyone agree/disagree with this thread, it doesn't affect me in any way since most of these points are again revived and I just added my personal points to some of them.

Hope this helps! Thanks again!

Recent Update:

With 1.5 implemented, the "How To" section of this suggestion is pretty much nullified. So the concept still stands, just the numbers are off.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 11-24-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Updates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Perhaps the "Upgrading" should have a chance to Fail and we need to farm all over again for the item (Hoping I read the idea correctly) - Adds replay value?

Also, perhaps the "Upgraded" Equipment is kinda "No Drop" or "Cursed" flag, so we cant re-sell it for some ridiculous high price to others..

and, maybe makes the "Upgrading" a sort of repeatable quest that we can do?
    [On a Break... Waiting for the next big update...]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maneut View Post
    Perhaps the "Upgrading" should have a chance to Fail and we need to farm all over again for the item (Hoping I read the idea correctly) - Adds replay value?

Also, perhaps the "Upgraded" Equipment is kinda "No Drop" or "Cursed" flag, so we cant re-sell it for some ridiculous high price to others..

and, maybe makes the "Upgrading" a sort of repeatable quest that we can do?
    Yup upgrading should definitely have a chance to fail. Sorry if it didn't seem clear in the post, I'll edit it

The "no drop" or "binded to character" option you mean? Possible too, but thats what would make upgraded equipment valuable IMO, since you can make one and sell to others. Though it could work as binded.

I don't think we should need to do a quest just to upgrade though, kinda tedious. Probably some sort of fee for one, but IMO the 2 gears needed to upgrade would be sufficient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok after spending 10 minutes reading this thread i have gathered alot of many of PL's ups and downs.

I myself would influence "upgrading" as a good idea and to be forwarded.

As for Maneut i do agree like in WOW that "legendary" or "rare" items should be "Cursed" flag so that they are unsellable
    and therefore only players that have the skill of farming for them should be able to use them.

Nice work Ellyidol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xuz View Post
    ok after spending 10 minutes reading this thread i have gathered alot of many of PL's ups and downs.

I myself would influence "upgrading" as a good idea and to be forwarded.

As for Maneut i do agree like in WOW that "legendary" or "rare" items should be "Cursed" flag so that they are unsellable
    and therefore only players that have the skill of farming for them should be able to use them.

Nice work Ellyidol
    Thank you!

Yeah I could see how it could work, good suggestions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I think it would make more sense if only the second item was destroyed instead of both. if the second one broke then you would be like : "Bugger, well at least i hav have the one i use. but if both were destroyed thats some pretty awsom gear gone down the drain. But otherwise, i love the idea and i think it would be much easier to implement then any of the crafting threads ive posted in the past. Oh, one other thing. they shouldnt be able to be upgraded so that by the time your at +10 your piece is better then lvl 55 gear. maybe have up to +5. that way your gear would be potentially as good as a lvl 55 piece of the same class gear. that way when you get to the new expansion, you can use the new gear and not have to upgrade it a couple times first. Also, how would this be able to give bears m/s? i realise you have not mentioned how this could be a way to implement m/s on the rift set. Cheers
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobane View Post
    I think it would make more sense if only the second item was destroyed instead of both. if the second one broke then you would be like : "Bugger, well at least i hav have the one i use. but if both were destroyed thats some pretty awsom gear gone down the drain. But otherwise, i love the idea and i think it would be much easier to implement then any of the crafting threads ive posted in the past. Oh, one other thing. they shouldnt be able to be upgraded so that by the time your at +10 your piece is better then lvl 55 gear. maybe have up to +5. that way your gear would be potentially as good as a lvl 55 piece of the same class gear. that way when you get to the new expansion, you can use the new gear and not have to upgrade it a couple times first. Also, how would this be able to give bears m/s? i realise you have not mentioned how this could be a way to implement m/s on the rift set. Cheers
    Awesome suggestion! Definitely agree that the upgraded previous gear shouldn't be better than the current ones; or only as good at its maximum. Will add that up

Also I do agree on the upgrading failure part. I wasn't sure how to say or come up with a failing mechanism and both getting destroyed seemed to be the easiest way. I do like the idea of the lower +0 item remaining though.

And for the m/s part, just like the void set where the milestone levels are reached, for the rift set it would add M/S. So the suggested milestone levels were +3, +5, +7, and +10. So if each rift armor reaches this level, it could be given 1 m/s. This should only work for the armors though. So you get a maximum of +12 M/S for a +10 set (which is pretty elite already, and if +10 is reached a 12 m/s should be given as a reward).

I'll be editing the OP constantly, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Nicely put, I read about half, I'll read the rest when I get home

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

i have another idea for upgrade
    like has a npc(blacksmith..etc), he can help you break the pink,purple,green and orange stuffs to magic crystals
    like lvl50 gurg hammer after break, u will get some lvl50 pink crystals, lvl45 green stuff after break get the lvl45 green crystal
    higher lvl colour crystal can increase the chance for upgrade, +1-+3 is 100% safe, +4-+6 50% have chance lost the weapon, +7-+9 25%..etc
    it is a good method clear all the unwanted or unsellable stuffs in pl, prevent server heavy data

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Htiek View Post
    i have another idea for upgrade
    like has a npc(blacksmith..etc), he can help you break the pink,purple,green and orange stuffs to magic crystals
    like lvl50 gurg hammer after break, u will get some lvl50 pink crystals, lvl45 green stuff after break get the lvl45 green crystal
    higher lvl colour crystal can increase the chance for upgrade, +1-+3 is 100% safe, +4-+6 50% have chance lost the weapon, +7-+9 25%..etc
    it is a good method clear all the unwanted or unsellable stuffs in pl, prevent server heavy data
    I see your suggestion. Its possible, though it seems a bit complicated, it does deal with the getting rid off the excess equips. Well thought! We should come up with figures to support this suggestion though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

yeah, it is a bit complicate, so i explain more about it
    lvl1-50 pink,purple,green and organe can break to lvl1-50 pink,purple,green and orange magic crystals, white and grey cant break
    how many crystals you will get depend on chance, i think it should low chance to get it for game balance
    such lvl and colour crystals use for upgrade such lvl stuffs, like lvl50 crystals for lvl50 stuffs, lvl35 crystals for lvl35 stuffs...etc
    use the crystal to upgrade the stuff, have 4 results, 1. stuff +1, 2. stuff +0, 3.stuff -1, 4. stuff disappear
    and the crystal tradeable, so you can sell it to players and put it to auction
    then you can imagine the lvl 50 common pink, its good for upgrade the rare lvl50, and the crystals more demand
    use the ao2 pink to upgrade the lance & aoe staff, twink stuffs can more powerful, it seems really nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Htiek View Post
    yeah, it is a bit complicate, so i explain more about it
    lvl1-50 pink,purple,green and organe can break to lvl1-50 pink,purple,green and orange magic crystals, white and grey cant break
    how many crystals you will get depend on chance, i think it should low chance to get it for game balance
    such lvl and colour crystals use for upgrade such lvl stuffs, like lvl50 crystals for lvl50 stuffs, lvl35 crystals for lvl35 stuffs...etc
    use the crystal to upgrade the stuff, have 4 results, 1. stuff +1, 2. stuff +0, 3.stuff -1, 4. stuff disappear
    and the crystal tradeable, so you can sell it to players and put it to auction
    then you can imagine the lvl 50 common pink, its good for upgrade the rare lvl50, and the crystals more demand
    use the ao2 pink to upgrade the lance & aoe staff, twink stuffs can more powerful, it seems really nice
    That will add more clutter to the items in the game though. Imagine storing all those crystals. And AFAIK, PL doesn't have the stackable item feature (which has been suggested in a different thread). So right now there is now way to accumulate all those crystals without having to occupy 1 slot in the inventory/stash for each crystal.

Also, the crystals doing stuff per se actually seems like enchanting. Its like collecting materials and attempting to put them onto your equipment, sounds a lot like enchanting to me.

Since PL is a younger aged friendly game, I think the upgrading should be kept as simple as possible, with the stats being the most complicated to decide on.

I've added your suggestions to the list though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

ahhh i forget pl dont have stackable item feature.....

extend the idea of crystal
    if its can sell to system, lets say 2000g per crystal, after break it, you get 0-3
    so all the stuff will have the standard price, difference crystal difference price thou

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoonnooL View Post

There can be two kinds of 'upgrading' of equipment imo.

Firstly,

Enhancement
    Enhancement increases the basic attribute of the equipment. For armors, it would be the attribute "Armor". On the other hand, "Damage" will be the basic attribute of weapons. It will/can use only gold to enhance an equipment, and the fee for enhancing of the equipment depends on the level requirement, item grade, and current enhancement state of the equipment.

For example,
    Level 45 Pink weapon +0 costs 20k gold to enhance
    Level 50 Purple weapon +0 costs 20k gold to enhance
    Level 50 Pink weapon +0 costs 25k gold to enhance

Level 45 Purple weapon +0 costs 15k gold to enhance
    Level 45 Purple weapon +1 costs 18k gold to enhance

Enhancement of the equipment will progress from +0 to +1, and then +2 and so on. It should have a limit to this enhancement. To add on to the progress of enhancing an equipment, it should include a chance to fail when enhancing the equipment. This will act as a portal to take back a healthy portion of gold currently held by all the players. Ideally this enhancement system should include a chance to destroy the equipment when failed in enhancement so as to prevent cluttering of identical equipments in the market.

Other minor details would be the increment of the basic attribute is dependent on the level of the equipment, the current enhancement level (+0, +1 or +2 and so on) and the type of equipment (talon adds lesser damage when enhanced compared to bow due to the factor of the weapon spd, plate armor adds more armor than leather type armor).

OR

Enchantment
    As described by the thread starter, this enchantment system also helps to facilitate the movement of the gold in the market. By charging a fee for any enchantment process, it will prevent the value of the gold from dropping too much. This enchantment process will insert an additional attribute such as H/S, M/S, Crit, Dodge, Damage, etc into an equipment. Each piece of equipment is only allowed to have ONE enchantment bonus at any point of time. For attempts of enchantment on already enchanted equipments, it will replace the previously enchanted attribute.

We can either have the pink items to be broken down into a form of currency (let's say "Pink Crystals") and that currency will be used to paid along with gold to enchant an equipment. Perhaps for pink equipments falling within the level range of 16~20 will give 4 crystals, whereas pink equipments falling within the level range of 21~25 will give 5 crystals and so on. For enchanting an equipment belonging to the level range of 16~20, it will require 4 crystals. Whereas for equipments of 21~25 level range will require 5 crystals. These crystals can be either trade-able or not trade-able.

If not, the pink equipments can be used directly to enchant another piece of equipment. The pink equipment used to enchant the desired equipment must be higher or equal to the level requirement of the desired equipment.
    For example,
    ONLY pink equipment that requires level 25 or above can be used to enchant a pink grade weapon/armor of level 25.

Now moving on to how the determine the outcome of the enchantment. It will be either fail or success (duh). To determine what attribute to be added to the equipment can be either total randomly or partially random.
    Partially random, for example, using a weapon to enchant a weapon/armor will have a chance to add in another attribute of offensive attribute such as crit and damage; and zero chances of adding in defensive attributes like dodge and armor rating. Similarly for using an armor to enchant a weapon/armor, it will only give defensive attribute to the equipment rather than offensive attribute.

Comment and give suggestions ~
    The part on enhancement is similar to how the TS describe, only the portion where how the enhancement work is a lot different. You may find it faster to get rid of similar pinks but it will work against your intention. *Please pardon me for my usage of language that may offend anyone* People will just end up hunting more pinks to get that particular pink they need to upgrade their existing pink. It is better to use in-game gold as a replacement for enhancing equipments. As a side note, it is logically-wise simpler; making it easier for the developers.

The above suggestion will give the in-game gold the value it should and deserve to have. Otherwise, all the excess gold will have nowhere else to go except for potions and elixirs. Soon enough, the market will be flooded with in-game gold and the newer players will have a hard time progressing.

Regarding the post on stacking items for the crystals (sorry for not quoting. I'm too lazy), the crystals need not to be an item. It can be exactly like how the in-game gold is calculated and stored.

Extremely OT: The set bonuses should be left untouched. Improve only the stats an equipment has alone, not the set.

If +10 will be the limit as to how 'enhanced/upgraded' an equipment will be, it will be impossible to scale the stats accordingly to how each +1, +2 will give. Especially when TS mentioned that: QUOTE: 1. Upgraded lower tiers should not be able to compare or exceed the ability of higher tiers. (Thanks Necrobane)

+10 of level 45 gear should even outshine +0 50 gear. Perhaps, +10 of level 45 gear will be even *scaled/matched* with +5 of level 50 gear. Otherwise, it is pointless to even enhance unless you have the highest level possible equipment. Even if you think it is alright to be like this, it just doesn't seem right to me to have a +0 gear as powerful as a fully enhanced/upgraded gear which is only a tier lower.

QUOTE: 2. Upgraded gear +1-10 CANNOT be traded and should be binded to the character. Only +0 gears can be traded/sold. I will not meddle with the existing system in PL, so I thought of another suggestion instead. Only +10 equipment will be binded to the very next character or account (whichever is more reasonable) that equips it. Features like this is necessary to stop devaluing the in-game gold.

Comments please.
    Last edited by LoonnooL; 11-12-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

The part on enhancement is similar to how the TS describe, only the portion where how the enhancement work is a lot different. You may find it faster to get rid of similar pinks but it will work against your intention. *Please pardon me for my usage of language that may offend anyone* People will just end up hunting more pinks to get that particular pink they need to upgrade their existing pink. It is better to use in-game gold as a replacement for enhancing equipments. As a side note, it is logically-wise simpler; making it easier for the developers.

The above suggestion will give the in-game gold the value it should and deserve to have. Otherwise, all the excess gold will have nowhere else to go except for potions and elixirs. Soon enough, the market will be flooded with in-game gold and the newer players will have a hard time progressing.

Regarding the post on stacking items for the crystals (sorry for not quoting. I'm too lazy), the crystals need not to be an item. It can be exactly like how the in-game gold is calculated and stored.

Extremely OT: The set bonuses should be left untouched. Improve only the stats an equipment has alone, not the set.

If +10 will be the limit as to how 'enhanced/upgraded' an equipment will be, it will be impossible to scale the stats accordingly to how each +1, +2 will give. Especially when TS mentioned that: QUOTE: 1. Upgraded lower tiers should not be able to compare or exceed the ability of higher tiers. (Thanks Necrobane)

+10 of level 45 gear should even outshine +0 50 gear. Perhaps, +10 of level 45 gear will be even *scaled/matched* with +5 of level 50 gear. Otherwise, it is pointless to even enhance unless you have the highest level possible equipment. Even if you think it is alright to be like this, it just doesn't seem right to me to have a +0 gear as powerful as a fully enhanced/upgraded gear which is only a tier lower.

QUOTE: 2. Upgraded gear +1-10 CANNOT be traded and should be binded to the character. Only +0 gears can be traded/sold. I will not meddle with the existing system in PL, so I thought of another suggestion instead. Only +10 equipment will be binded to the very next character or account (whichever is more reasonable) that equips it. Features like this is necessary to stop devaluing the in-game gold.

Comments please.
    I've thought about using only gold too. This is good for established players since they have a large capital to start from. Other than that though, with using in-game gold only as an upgrading source, much like Ao3 was, its a gold sink. Right now I don't see a fully comparable way to earn gold as there is to find pinks. Basing from the farming threads I've been reading, average players make at most 50k a day in gold. Thats two tries a day, and thats just farming gold alone, not even the gear you want upgraded yet.

I do hope STS puts in some sort of higher gold income though. This method would do good to deplete the excess and idle gold of the wealthy players, but would make upgrading for newer and emerging players even harder.

Maybe a mixture of both? You have the option of using another item of the same kind or using gold alone. Players who can't be bothered looking for the same gear use gold, while those who don't have gold can use the gear. If they wanna make cash then they sell that gear. In order to make gear still valuable instead of making everyone prefer gold, gear rates could be higher chances of upgrading than gold.

Really good approach though, gives another perspective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The amount of gold needed to upgrade/enhance equipments can be tweaked accordingly to the amount of gold most 50s can earn a day (excluding from earning gold from another player. It should only take the amount of gold a level 50 can earn from the game/system/server daily). We should be looking for ideas now and only work out the numbers later on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

The amount of gold needed to upgrade/enhance equipments can be tweaked accordingly to the amount of gold most 50s can earn a day (excluding from earning gold from another player. It should only take the amount of gold a level 50 can earn from the game/system/server daily). We should be looking for ideas now and only work out the numbers later on.
    Agree with numbers, devs can determine that :P Though with tweaking the gold prices, everytime new content pops up it makes it easier to farm the lower level maps which give more gold. So unless the gold prices are tweaked with every content update too, its going to get cheaper and cheaper to enhance equipment.

I totally understand your post though, I see your point. The huge factor is just that large gap between the wealthy and the average and lesser wealthy players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im currently working so i cant fully read it just scanned,

From what i understand wouldnt this make the gap between casual players and hardcore players even bigger? I see this as a massive negative for any player that hasnt got a large amount of time to invest into the game..

I like the sound of it but from my point of view (lvling up currently 45) just seems a way for all the people who have the time to invest fully in the game to get even further ahead and making pvp/pve even more of a gear based joke!!

Archyx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

That's between casual and hardcore gamers though. What I'm talking about is newer players that are willing to put in the time and effort. There will always be a gap between hardcore and casual players IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i like the breaking npc idea. This will help with the ridiculous amount of pink/purple/green/orange equips that nobody needs/wants. This way this gear becomes useful again as the fragments could be the parts used to forge and upgrade equipment that is used.
    Rashkar - Tanky/Shooty Panda Bear
    Rashkarr - Shooty Birdy
    Luciferia - Magey Elf