Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revive: Consolidated Upgrading Suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archyx View Post
    Im currently working so i cant fully read it just scanned,

From what i understand wouldnt this make the gap between casual players and hardcore players even bigger? I see this as a massive negative for any player that hasnt got a large amount of time to invest into the game..

I like the sound of it but from my point of view (lvling up currently 45) just seems a way for all the people who have the time to invest fully in the game to get even further ahead and making pvp/pve even more of a gear based joke!!

Archyx
    this is the truth and exist in all mmorpg. if you think making pvp/pve results relies heavily on gears is a joke, then you're wrong. it should be about skills and gears/stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoonnooL View Post
    this is the truth and exist in all mmorpg. if you think making pvp/pve results relies heavily on gears is a joke, then you're wrong. it should be about skills and gears/stats.
    Wait I don't get what your trying to say. Your saying he's wrong from saying that pve/pvp shouldn't be gear based? And that it should be about skills and gear/stats?

I agree that skill has to come into play in pvp/pve. You can easily tell a good player from a noob in pvp/pve though.

Any game has a gap between well-geared players vs normal geared players, only in rare instances when skill overwhelms gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice ^-^
    Although i went to sleep while reading this, sry XD
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Wait I don't get what your trying to say. Your saying he's wrong from saying that pve/pvp shouldn't be gear based? And that it should be about skills and gear/stats?

I agree that skill has to come into play in pvp/pve. You can easily tell a good player from a noob in pvp/pve though.

Any game has a gap between well-geared players vs normal geared players, only in rare instances when skill overwhelms gear.
    yup, outcome of a pve/pvp matchup should very well depend on both the skills and the gears/stats of the player. it just doesn't sound right when strength of a mmorpg player depends only on his skills. it sort of becomes the setup on round based online games, where everything is reset after a round has ended and a brand new round starts where no one has an edge over any others except for their innate skill.

It is the right thing to do to let those who cares to spend more time getting better gears to have an edge over the others who don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

i make it more simple, without stackable item feature, the crystal just store in account, like the pots
    break to get such colour crystal, but every crystal no limit lvl, lvl1-50 get max.1-5 crystals

upgrade - you need gold and crytals, lvl50 need 5 crystals for upgrade

break - you can break many stuffs same time and it must low chance to get the crystal
    like lvl1-10 get 0-1, lvl11-20 get 0-2, lvl41-50 get 0-5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

PvP is all skill, i went in full white level 15- gear, and went 10-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

yup, outcome of a pve/pvp matchup should very well depend on both the skills and the gears/stats of the player. it just doesn't sound right when strength of a mmorpg player depends only on his skills. it sort of becomes the setup on round based online games, where everything is reset after a round has ended and a brand new round starts where no one has an edge over any others except for their innate skill.

It is the right thing to do to let those who cares to spend more time getting better gears to have an edge over the others who don't.
    100% agree. No gear based games tend to become like Dota. Even CS has cash which gives an advantage, though games like CS truly shows skill over gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Htiek View Post
    i make it more simple, without stackable item feature, the crystal just store in account, like the pots
    break to get such colour crystal, but every crystal no limit lvl, lvl1-50 get max.1-5 crystals

upgrade - you need gold and crytals, lvl50 need 5 crystals for upgrade

break - you can break many stuffs same time and it must low chance to get the crystal
    like lvl1-10 get 0-1, lvl11-20 get 0-2, lvl41-50 get 0-5
    Very well thought out illustrations! I get it more now. Its possible, I like the idea of it being like pots that it can be stacked. Though I think for crystals below pink, you can have the option to turn those crystals into the higher color.

Eg. 5 orange = 1 green (or viceversa forgot which is higher), 5 greens = 1 purp, 5 purp = 1 pink.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    PvP is all skill, i went in full white level 15- gear, and went 10-0
    Because you are a zen master and sexy like us too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i don't like the thought of breaking purple, green and orange equipments. that will restrict earning gold from the system by selling only whites and grays.

i feel that its better to require only gold to upgrade the equipments for now. leave the crystals stuff for other purposes.

all of the above is just my personal opinions and feelings though.

BAH, this game's pvp system is imba as for now. don't get why they even come out with the pvp systems so early. they need to scale the damage down to make pvp more exciting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

another idea for +1-10, it didnt use +number for the upgraded stuffs
    use the stuffs name tag from pl

here a list for the name tags and states:
    Assassin 3 dex, 1% crit
    Crusader 2 str, 1 dex
    Ursan 3 str, 1h/s
    Pirate 2 dex, 1h/s
    Student 1 dex, 1 int
    Killer 2 dex, 1% hit
    Burglar 1 dex, 1m/s
    Robber 1 str, 1 dex
    Avenger 1 str, 1% crit
    Croc 1 str, 1m/s
    Hero 1 str, 1% dodge
    Necromancer 3 int, 1h/s
    Elf Guard 2 str, 1% hit
    Witch 2 int, 1% crit, 1 armor
    Thinker 1 int, 1% hit
    Jester 1 int, 1% dodge, 1 armor
    Theif 1 dex, 1% dodge, 2 armor

these name tags usually found by green and orange stuffs
    and others pink and purple tags seems too powerful, so i havnt put them in the list

if you successful upgraded a stuff, the stuff come with these name tag
    eg. Power armor of the rift, after upgraded, Burglar's Power armor of the rift
    so it come with Burglar states(1 dex, 1m/s), of course it is random name tag, so maybe you will get useless name tag

the upgrade results have 3
    1. the stuff upgrade successful with random name tag
    2. the stuff upgrade fail, stuff still original
    3. the stuff upgrade fail, stuff disappear

and the stuff only can upgrade 1 time, and after upgraded it cant be break, but you can sell to player
    i think if you upgraded a unique stuff, why you cant sell it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Htiek View Post
    another idea for +1-10, it didnt use +number for the upgraded stuffs
    use the stuffs name tag from pl

here a list for the name tags and states:
    Assassin 3 dex, 1% crit
    Crusader 2 str, 1 dex
    Ursan 3 str, 1h/s
    Pirate 2 dex, 1h/s
    Student 1 dex, 1 int
    Killer 2 dex, 1% hit
    Burglar 1 dex, 1m/s
    Robber 1 str, 1 dex
    Avenger 1 str, 1% crit
    Croc 1 str, 1m/s
    Hero 1 str, 1% dodge
    Necromancer 3 int, 1h/s
    Elf Guard 2 str, 1% hit
    Witch 2 int, 1% crit, 1 armor
    Thinker 1 int, 1% hit
    Jester 1 int, 1% dodge, 1 armor
    Theif 1 dex, 1% dodge, 2 armor

these name tags usually found by green and orange stuffs
    and others pink and purple tags seems too powerful, so i havnt put them in the list

if you successful upgraded a stuff, the stuff come with these name tag
    eg. Power armor of the rift, after upgraded, Burglar's Power armor of the rift
    so it come with Burglar states(1 dex, 1m/s), of course it is random name tag, so maybe you will get useless name tag

the upgrade results have 3
    1. the stuff upgrade successful with random name tag
    2. the stuff upgrade fail, stuff still original
    3. the stuff upgrade fail, stuff disappear

and the stuff only can upgrade 1 time, and after upgraded it cant be break, but you can sell to player
    i think if you upgraded a unique stuff, why you cant sell it
    don't understand. care to explain in a simpler way?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

don't understand. care to explain in a simpler way?
    I know what you mean with pvp. I'm usually a big fan but not so here because its usually fastest fingers = win, and there are just some builds that are total counters of another, dex bear vs bird.

I think he means instead of having +1-+10 as a prefix for upgraded gear, you could add those titles such as "Assassins" and "Burglar's".

I don't really like the idea since I've pretty much associated those terms with lower end colors and gear, seems like putting them to upgraded gear would be downgrading it.

I'm more convinced that it should be gold based now. If ever its successful, then awesome. If it distorts the market prices and gold value and such, tweaks can be made from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

You could just turn cheap pinks into crystals and it wouldn't ever fail. So how about instead of making it an automatic upgrade, when you have enough crystals, if the upgrade fails, you don't lose the +2 gorgux hammer, or the +o one, but you'd do lose all the crystals.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    You could just turn cheap pinks into crystals and it wouldn't ever fail. So how about instead of making it an automatic upgrade, when you have enough crystals, if the upgrade fails, you don't lose the +2 gorgux hammer, or the +o one, but you'd do lose all the crystals.
    that would be too cheap and easy to perform upgrading on equipments.

Ellyidol, mind conducting a poll or just try consolidating some of the information on your first post? ^^ of course, some discussion about it first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

that would be too cheap and easy to perform upgrading on equipments.

Ellyidol, mind conducting a poll or just try consolidating some of the information on your first post? ^^ of course, some discussion about it first.
    Sure! Sorry, haven't paid much attention to this thread.

What exactly do you want me to put as your idea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this thread needs to be revived

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

this thread needs to be revived
    Concept still stands, but numbers way off now. Lol.

1.5 actually also gives more headroom for this system.

Will edit when I have time. What idea did you want on it again? Just to keep it short.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UPGRADING
    Increases the primary stats of the equipment: e.g. "Weapon Attack" for weapons, "Armor" for armors

• Upgrading of equipment should only require gold and the equipment to be upgraded
    • With each success of upgrading, the equipment gains "+x" at the end of the equipment name. Where x = number of times the equipment has been upgraded successfully in a row.
    • There should be a limit to how many times an equipment can be upgraded successfully in a row. The most reasonable number should be 10.
    • The increase to the primary stats should be proportional to the number of consecutive successful upgrades.
    • Failure in attempting to upgrade a piece of equipment may result to:
      • Loss of gold
      • Decrease the current number of consecutive successful upgrades the equipment has
      • Destruction of equipment
    • What will be the result when failing an upgrading attempt should depend on the current number of consecutive successful upgrades.
    • Equipments of a y tier should outshine equipments of a y+5 tier (But not by a lot). Example: A weapon of level requirement of level 50 with 10 consecutive successful upgrade should be able to out-perform level 55 with no upgrades.

• OPTIONAL
    • Equipments can gain a glowing effect when the equipment is upgraded to a high level.
    • Binding equipments at max possible upgrade on (a) Final Upgrade OR (b) First character/account to wear the equipment.

MISC
    • Leave the crystals idea for another type of "upgrade" available to the equipments (aka. enchanting)
    • IMO!! Only the pink grade equipments can be broken down into crystals.

I probably missed quite a few details. My eyes are dry now x.x
    Last edited by LoonnooL; 11-24-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

UPGRADING
    Increases the primary stats of the equipment: e.g. "Weapon Attack" for weapons, "Armor" for armors

• Upgrading of equipment should only require gold and the equipment to be upgraded
    • With each success of upgrading, the equipment gains "+x" at the end of the equipment name. Where x = number of times the equipment has been upgraded successfully in a row.
    • There should be a limit to how many times an equipment can be upgraded successfully in a row. The most reasonable number should be 10.
    • The increase to the primary stats should be proportional to the number of consecutive successful upgrades.
    • Failure in attempting to upgrade a piece of equipment may result to:
      • Loss of gold
      • Decrease the current number of consecutive successful upgrades the equipment has
      • Destruction of equipment
    • What will be the result when failing an upgrading attempt should depend on the current number of consecutive successful upgrades.
    • Equipments of a y tier should outshine equipments of a y+5 tier (But not by a lot). Example: A weapon of level requirement of level 50 with 10 consecutive successful upgrade should be able to out-perform level 55 with no upgrades.

• OPTIONAL
    • Equipments can gain a glowing effect when the equipment is upgraded to a high level.
    • Binding equipments at max possible upgrade on (a) Final Upgrade OR (b) First character/account to wear the equipment.

MISC
    • Leave the crystals idea for another type of "upgrade" available to the equipments (aka. enchanting)
    • IMO!! Only the pink grade equipments can be broken down into crystals.

I probably missed quite a few details. My eyes are dry now x.x

Awesome. Edited first post. Just let me know if you want to add anything

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Revived because its such a great idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Revived because its such a great idea.
    I have a hunch it's a possible surprise part of 1.6, though im thinking they're prioritizing guilds before this. So....

1.7?